The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nothing wrong with a plain white kit imo. The kit we played in vs Stranraer in the play off final was very smart.

Agreed, the traditional Leeds all white kit was as smart as back in the day. 

42 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Seeing the programme covers makes me wonder if we’ll have one for this season? Programme, team sheet, half time draw were all traditions we had for years. It’s  sad to see the demise of programmes 

I'd hope they'd have some but dishing them out in a lesser capacity. Almost 500 fans are being allowed into Somerset, be a shame to not have a programme to look back on.

My wee boy, who has recently started playing football (Scored against Kingsmead simply because I told him they're Killie 😂 Wee ginger midfield maestro!) asked if I could take him to see Ayr play one day. He's 6 years old. It would be a shame to not have the programme for his first game. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

33 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'd hope they'd have some but dishing them out in a lesser capacity. Almost 500 fans are being allowed into Somerset, be a shame to not have a programme to look back on.

My wee boy, who has recently started playing football (Scored against Kingsmead simply because I told him they're Killie 😂 Wee ginger midfield maestro!) asked if I could take him to see Ayr play one day. He's 6 years old. It would be a shame to not have the programme for his first game. 

Exactly, they're good mementos to have to look back on. I'm old school and love things like that and fanzines. Hopefully there will be a programme for us getting back! Maybe your lad could get a game for us in the near future as we're crying out for a midfield maestro 😂

Looking at who we lost at the end of last season and who we have replaced them with:

PJ Morrison- Replaced by Aidan McAdams

Peter Urminsky-

Corrie Ndaba- Replaced by Markus Fjortoft

Sam Roscoe- Replaced by Sean McGinty

Jamie Barjonas- 

Tom Walsh

Josh Todd- Replaced by Cameron Salkeld 

Luke McCowan- 

Andre Wright- Replaced by Tomi Adeloye 

Craig Moore- 

We’ve obviously also signed Nick McAllister who isn’t a direct replacement for anyone but was much needed to give us options.

Basically confirms the general feeling that we’re still requiring 

GK

2x Centre mids 

2x Attackers 

Ideally we’ll announce a few signings this week ahead of the competitive action starting on Saturday. The premiership clubs will start loaning players out. IIRC we announced Bruce Anderson in the lead up to the Albion Rovers game last season. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Exactly, they're good mementos to have to look back on. I'm old school and love things like that and fanzines. Hopefully there will be a programme for us getting back! Maybe your lad could get a game for us in the near future as we're crying out for a midfield maestro 😂

The sales of programmes has been declining at a fare rate over last few seasons   , for all the work involved and the minimum order quantity the profit was practically zilch , I know they were looking at an online version 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The sales of programmes has been declining at a fare rate over last few seasons   , for all the work involved and the minimum order quantity the profit was practically zilch , I know they were looking at an online version 

Thats sad to hear. The programme was a decent read. Stranraer always had a very detailed and good value for money one. Think theres was "in house" so not sure they had the same problems with minimum order quantity etc. Maybe some tech savvy fan could print ours 

See they're renovating Dam Park, making it better with an £8million investment. That'll be great for the Ayr United academy boys that 👍😊

Seems like everything in Ayr is getting better for footballers and football fans of Ayr. The new hub at Somerset and the new dam Park, our rivals in the same league😊 Its just a shame that Ayr high Street has went to sh*t 🙄

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

That’s the knockoff version someone made that is completely wrong

658EECD2-2542-4192-95F4-24B1B7D747CF.thumb.jpeg.d7086fef4d4d8df648b045c0840fd3db.jpeg

The "knock-off" version is made by a company called Dunnottar, who "reimagine" old shirts.

As for the original, I'll always associate with the cup-tie at East End Park.

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

See they're renovating Dam Park, making it better with an £8million investment. That'll be great for the Ayr United academy boys that 👍😊

The rugby club is supposed to be taking over Dam Park. No idea how that part of the project is progressing though.

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

The rugby club is supposed to be taking over Dam Park. No idea how that part of the project is progressing though.

There's meant to be input from many of Ayrs sport clubs. I'm certain Ayr united won't lose out on a fancy new training facility on their doorstep. 😊

“With the support and input of Ayr Seaforth Athletics Club, Ayr Rugby Club, Ayr United Football Academy, University of the West of Scotland and Ayrshire College, we know that we will have the best athletics facility possible.”

22 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Its just a shame that Ayr high Street has went to sh*t 🙄

Pedestrianisation and the relentless courting of big box superstores on the outskirts did for the shopping, and then the smoking ban and the Prestwick revival killed the pubs. It's fairly mental to me that in the space of a little over 20 years pretty much every place I used to spend any time (my high school, half my locals, all the shops I pissed about in) has gone. Even the Games Workshop moved.