The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Not getting this Keenan love. Seem to recall we signed him from a poor Morton team.

That Morton team did something I don't recall Ayr ever have done.... Won the old 3rd division title😂

I always remember a younger Dean Keenan with his Magnum Pi Moustache 😂

It'll be a good game, I'll literally watch it from my bedroom window 👍

20210630222830.jpg

1 hour ago, Moonball said:

Salkeld looks like a poor mans Robbie Crawford, apart from that not too much to note, didn't exactly blow a team off the park who's two leagues below you like we should maybe be expecting but at the end of the day it's a pre-season and if we get turned over 4/5-0 by Hearts i'll be worrying

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Their keeper had an absolute Jordan Pickford of a game it seems.

Christ it's funny watching lower-league friendlies after the last couple of rounds at the Euros.

I havent watched the highlights yet but surely their keeper on the night wasnt Greg Flemming then?

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I havent watched the highlights yet but surely their keeper on the night wasnt Greg Flemming then?

Fleming was on the bench but didn't play. The keeper who p!ayer was Jamie Walker, a former Killie youth.

8 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Id say after watching the highlights we should defo be signing Adeloye. Took his goal well and all came from his knockdown from a long ball, which as we know is Hoppy’s preferred tactic.

From the highlights and his show reel, his link up play and passing looks decent, works hard at closing down defenders and puts himself about abit

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

Salkeld looks like a poor mans Robbie Crawford, apart from that not too much to note, didn't exactly blow a team off the park who's two leagues below you like we should maybe be expecting but at the end of the day it's a pre-season and if we get turned over 4/5-0 by Hearts i'll be worrying

I wouldn't be overly worried about pre season results. Would maybe get worried if it goes wrong in the Brian Reid derby in just over a weeks time, when we are playing in anger. League cup is a good opportunity to get some early prize money in the door, in a league we should be challenging Hamilton to win. Would be disappointed if we don't atleast qualify. 

Watched game..... I would defo be looking to sign Adeloye and give him a decent chance..... Looks a constant threat..... Know it was against stranraer but he was well liked at Barnet too..... And Barnet would probably fisnissh 2nd easy in the championship up here...... I would sign him up before his agent gets him a move to Raith of queen's and he ends up scoring against us...... 

29 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

And Barnet would probably fisnissh 2nd easy in the championship up here...... 

Are you talking about the same Barnet who only avoided relegation due to National League South and North being declared null and void?

10 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Id say after watching the highlights we should defo be signing Adeloye. Took his goal well and all came from his knockdown from a long ball, which as we know is Hoppy’s preferred tactic.

I thought he linked up well with McKenzie a few times and looks like he has all the attributes to be a success at our level. He has pace, pretty decent touch, strong and looks to have a good attitude / work rate which is really all you can ask.

I've only seen the highlights but in terms of involvement in the game I'd say he was one of the main performers and looks to have the potential / scope to be a more influential player than our main signing target in Todorov, from what I've seen of him previously.

The other boy took his goal well but didn't see enough to make any further judgement. 

Only pre season and very early days but I was a bit disappointed with Chalmers who really should be taking games like this by the scruff of the neck and dictating play but he just seems very lethargic and not getting involved enough, similar to last season. Maybe I'm being unfair as didn't watch the whole game as I said.

Salkeld’s finishing certainly looks as good as promised...

Decent showing going by the highlights by Adeloye, decent enough finish by Faal too. Proof will be when we play a better standard team, to be perfectly honest the difference in style in Scotland as soon as the real stuff starts could catch them out regardless. 

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

How can you expect quality signings with 650 season tickets? It really is pathetic.

Ayr fans are amongst the most delusional in Scotland. They haven't seemed to grasp the fact that if you have more fans then you have more money to spend on better players. They should be happy just being in the championship, they do well to be there.