The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Making a mountain out of a molehill for something that wasn't anything more, QP are a special case. They are basically the new Gretna paying over the odds for meh players. I'd be more concerned if we were being beaten to players by part time sides or Cove. Maybe go calm down. 

Not sure you quite understood what I meant, I am calm 

53 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Perhaps Jim Duffy can use his previous experience in the lower leagues to identify a couple ready to step up. Unless of course that type of player has already signed up elsewhere 

I don't think we want Duffy anywhere near the signing players part, at least according to fans of his former clubs

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

A lot of names are said on here, though I can't help but find myself escaping the thought of Bob Mchugh in Ayr colours. He probably won't come anywhere near Ayr 🙄

There aren't that many names left, it's actually quite scary as I didn't think that Hopkin's recruitment would be as bad as what it has been. 

I'd actually like to know what other managers were in the running before he was given the job. 

McHugh has been extremely underwhelming since he joined QP. 3 goals from open play in a team that dominates league 2 isn’t the most inspiring record. His general play overall isn’t particularly great and had he not be contracted for another year, I would’ve been happy to have seen him leave this summer 

Edited by qpfc

2 hours ago, Mod1967 said:

We can't compete with QP now, time everybody calmed down this is turning into a childish nonsense meltdown, no wonder other fans are popping in for a laugh, the absolute state of this. 

I'm sure we should be looking at clubs above Queens Park for players. Bob Mchugh came to mind for some reason. Just hope there's a lower English league player that can fill the gap for a while. 

I'm mean I only need Two words regarding Queens Park. 

Grant Gillespie. 

No more questions your honour. 😂

Good on whoever is helping keeping Stinlar alive buying the stream tonight, they'll be along on here later to tell us we are cheats etc after their cup final. 

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Good on whoever is helping keeping Stinlar alive buying the stream tonight, they'll be along on here later to tell us we are cheats etc after their cup final. 

To the surprise of nobody since losing the Black and White £ they have been relegated and look like they are up shit creek. 

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Perhaps Jim Duffy can use his previous experience in the lower leagues to identify a couple ready to step up. Unless of course that type of player has already signed up elsewhere 

🤣

Duffy's signing policy mirrors your Manager's. 'Who plays for, has just left or used to play for Morton.'

So Jim Duffy who managed the following : Falkirk ,Dundee x2 , Hibernian , Norwich City , Brechin , Clyde ,Morton , and Dumbarton has no contacts in the football world ? This is beyond silly . Likewise Hopkin who has made millions playing in England with Leeds , Chelsea and Palace . Oh dear , oh dear . 

Stop taking tips on team building and recruitment from plooky wee Greenock boys sitting in their bedroom with their big sisters laptop , broken hearted over the destination of their triple winning player of the year . Or the fact their poster boy Hoppy pulled the plug on them and has came on board down the coast in God’s country . 

We have three players to get to sort our starting 11 . It’s a month before we start our league campaign. There is things going on behind the scenes . We’l get our players and we’ll get stuck into it . As I’ve said this will be a three or four window job . Every journey starts with one small step , that’s where we are at the moment . Small steps first , hard to beat , fit fast and aggressive . The marque signings will come further down the road ,once the foundations are secure .  It took us about forty years to hit fourth in the Championship what’s another season or two ? 

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I guess we'll probably end up with a youth or two from the Old Firm on loan. The likes of Kelly, Houston, Doohan turned out to be decent... Calvin Miller not so much 😬

I'm not entirely sure how it'll work but will there not be a shortage of OF loanees if they're putting "B"  teams in the Lowland League or whatever. 

4 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I don’t think we have had a manager that has split the support as much as Hopkin.

Reid. Who at least knew how to pick the odd player. And if his tactics book could have been written watching Wimbledon in the 80s, at least it was fairly reliable if the team stepped up.

Let's not kid on though, this isn't a manager being "divisive", it's Roberts Mk II. Except I'd take Roberts's summer-of-2012 squad (including a still primetime Moff of course) over the current squad in a heartbeat.

Oh how I long for the days when it was a costly call to 0898 121 552 "for all the latest news and views from Somerset Park"...............

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s shite

Is he not the one that was at Arbroath? Highly rated by them?

ETA: Ben Williamson is who I’m meaning. Dickson was on loan at qos. No idea if he was any good. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

Is he not the one that was at Arbroath? Highly rated by them?

Nah that was Ben Williamson. He was brilliant against us and is being loaned out to a Premiership team apparently.

Dickson was picked up by QOS in January I think and contributed absolutely nothing and was sent back to Rangers for having a shite attitude.

I don’t see why we don’t ask about Stephen Kelly tbf. He didn’t do all that much with Ross County so a Premiership move maybe came too quickly for him. I can’t see many teams lining up to take him after last season either.

19 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Attitude problems apparently and nothing special. 

The fact Rangers, who held on to players like Jamie Barjonas and Fraser Aird in the hope they could get money for them, released Dickson from his contract early, should tell you quite a lot about him.

9 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Was Hamilton not part of the Livi plans at the start of last season and ended up going out on loan,  not implausible that the same could happen again. 

No, he came back in January so we could get a look at him. Then loaned him out to a higher level. This season is the first one where he's expected to stay and fight for a spot