The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There were over 25,000 at the League Cup semi-final at Hampden - the only time the Dundee derby got a crowd like that in the last 70 years was back in 1983, and even then that was more about United being able to win the league than it was about it being a derby. Even a Scottish Cup semi in 1989 only got 13,300 and the League Cup final in 1980 only got 24,500.

:lol:

22 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Craig, the Dundee derby is bigger than the Ayrshire derby. You've not even mentioned the fact that the League Cup final was held at Dens as opposed to Hampden, and was filled nearly to the same attendance as your SF.

You've got a good derby and I'm very excited to watch it on Friday nights, but don't delude yourself here.

Listen, I'm just looking at the facts, and the facts are very clear. As you said yourself, an Ayrshire derby in Glasgow attracted a bigger crowd than a Dundee derby in your own city.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Listen, I'm just looking at the facts, and the facts are very clear. As you said yourself, an Ayrshire derby in Glasgow attracted a bigger crowd than a Dundee derby in your own city.

In a ground 5 times bigger.

Also, if we're looking at the facts:

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

a Scottish Cup semi in 1989

There was no Dundee derby Scottish Cup SF in 1989. Now if you'd said 1987, your argument may have had merit, but instead it is now foolish, as I have thus shown 😎

5 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

In a ground 5 times bigger.

Also, if we're looking at the facts:

There was no Dundee derby Scottish Cup SF in 1989. Now if you'd said 1987, your argument may have had merit, but instead it is now foolish, as I have thus shown 😎

From what I remember, the final was at Dens because they weren't confident there would be much of crowd otherwise. If either Celtic or Ayr had got to the final it would've been p!ayed at Hampden.

The fact that the Scottish Cup semi was in 1987 makes it even worse. Dundee Utd were still a top side in those days, with Dundee comfortably mid table.

Anyway, derby w**k thread for this pish.

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

What's the hold up? Does that mean we're going to be playing the league cup with last seasons strip still? 

Not even going to be able to buy it before the 1st game of the season is a shitshow

To be fair it has happened before to us iirc, did we not play a friendly in either the previous seasons strips or t shirts under Reid or Roberts? 

It is worth noting there is still a massive backlog in supply chains caused by the Suez canal being blocked and ships either waiting it out or needing to take the long way round. So there is a very real chance our delay has been caused by this.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

See West Ham are in Scotland for pre-season. Maybe Hopkin is pals with Moyes.

Maybe he could get his brother on the phone as well…

Bit closer to home, Birmingham City are basing themselves in Troon for their pre-season. Maybe they can leave behind the next Jude Bellingham for us too. 

13 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

Bit closer to home, Birmingham City are basing themselves in Troon for their pre-season. Maybe they can leave behind the next Jude Bellingham for us too. 

A friendly with them would be great when they're in the vicinity. Maybe we could pick up a few of their youngsters along with Burnley's! 😉