The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Any one know if the story about Ayr scouting both Andy Robertson and Gordon Pope and choosing Pope as the better prospect is true or is just urban legend

If we scouted Andy Robertson I doubt it would have been the same year we signed Gordon Pope, as Robertson moved to Dundee United that same summer.

20 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Any one know if the story about Ayr scouting both Andy Robertson and Gordon Pope and choosing Pope as the better prospect is true or is just urban legend

Roberts spoke to Queens Park but they told him he was off to United

it was mentioned in Scott McLaughlins tell him he’s Pele podcast. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Roberts spoke to Queens Park but they told him he was off to United

it was mentioned in Scott McLaughlins tell him he’s Pele podcast. 

Imagine Robertson and Devlin as our full backs. Devlin would still have been my favourite 😍

Jesus Christ someone better call the circus, all the clowns have escaped today

Congratulations aswell to whoever the tube was who has forced @Finlay21 to feel as if he needs to stay silent, he's the true fan trying to keep supporters in the loop, he does this in his free time and doesn't get paid by the club for what he does on here however putting strips by, giving stadium info and player information is massively above and beyond anything he needs to do (and from the outside looking in more than what people paid provide the supporters with), but does this cause he's clearly got the club at heart. Also on Todorov he was well within his right to hint about Todorov being signed and he was right about it happening because it looks like Todorov has done a sly one at the last minute and fucked Hopkin and Ayr over.

Any idiot who condones someone doing any of the above, even if it's an online forum, can't call themselves a true supporter.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is it too early to be dreading the 1st game of the season v them? They've signed some very decent players already and we cant get a striker through the door 

I wish I could muster that much of a feeling, just complete apathy atm.

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

This is probably deranged stuff. Can’t imagine there’s a sentient being outside Ayrshire that thinks Ayr vs Killie is a bigger deal than Dundee vs United.

There were over 25,000 at the League Cup semi-final at Hampden - the only time the Dundee derby got a crowd like that in the last 70 years was back in 1983, and even then that was more about United being able to win the league than it was about it being a derby. Even a Scottish Cup semi in 1989 only got 13,300 and the League Cup final in 1980 only got 24,500.

Edited by craigkillie

There were over 25,000 at the League Cup semi-final at Hampden - the last time the Dundee derby got a crowd like that was back in 1983, and even then that was more about United being able to win the league than it was about it being a derby. Even a Scottish Cup semi in 1989 only got 13,000.
Mate there's no question about it, the Dundee Derby is bigger.

37 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I wish I could muster that much of a feeling, just complete apathy atm.

I must admit I do feel a great deal of apathy as well. I just hope we can get into the likes of the Burnley friendly and the cup games and get good results to lift the mood around the place

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

There were over 25,000 at the League Cup semi-final at Hampden - the only time the Dundee derby got a crowd like that in the last 70 years was back in 1983, and even then that was more about United being able to win the league than it was about it being a derby. Even a Scottish Cup semi in 1989 only got 13,300 and the League Cup final in 1980 only got 24,500.

Dunfermline brought 17,000 fans to a SC Final. Does that mean we’re a massive club? 

I’d accept the Ayrshire derby is only meaningless to everyone outside Ayrshire because Ayr United have been fucking shite for decades but still.

Dunfermline brought 17,000 fans to a SC Final. Does that mean we’re a massive club? 
I’d accept the Ayrshire derby is only meaningless to everyone outside Ayrshire because Ayr United have been fucking shite for their entire existence but still.

Fixed that [emoji6]

10 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Early August before the home kit will be on sale. Away one to be on sale end of next week or  beginning of the following week according to Graeme on twitter. 

What's the hold up? Does that mean we're going to be playing the league cup with last seasons strip still? 

Not even going to be able to buy it before the 1st game of the season is a shitshow

26 minutes ago, rb123! said:

What's the hold up? Does that mean we're going to be playing the league cup with last seasons strip still? 

Not even going to be able to buy it before the 1st game of the season is a shitshow

If I remember correctly, we have a good deal with Hummell where we get a template and a bespoke strip, the bespoke strips are limited runs. Apparently the order was placed last year for this seasons kit.  

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Craig, the Dundee derby is bigger than the Ayrshire derby. You've not even mentioned the fact that the League Cup final was held at Dens as opposed to Hampden, and was filled nearly to the same attendance as your SF.

You've got a good derby and I'm very excited to watch it on Friday nights, but don't delude yourself here.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee