The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'll be signing folk from here - https://pfascotland.co.uk/player-availability-list/

17 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

That list is honestly shocking. Really a list of nobodies and makes dire reading 

That's about the 5th time I've seen somebody post that list and still nobody seems to have noticed it's a year out of date. Those players were all released in summer 2020.

44 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:
46 minutes ago, D said:

That’s not what he just said.

I don’t agree with folk waiting about to see who we’ve signed before buying a season ticket. Either buy one or don’t.

That's exactly my point shouldn't matter who we sign or who manager is at the club if your a proper fan and you want a season ticket get it.

Accept shite and get shite, nothing wrong with having a little bit of expectation before handing over hundreds of pounds. 

Pay AU 500 every single month, but aye not a real fan as I don’t want a season ticket until the club show we won’t be an utter clown car outfit this season. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Accept shite and get shite, nothing wrong with having a little bit of expectation before handing over hundreds of pounds. 

Pay AU 500 every single month, but aye not a real fan as I don’t want a season ticket until the club show we won’t be an utter clown car outfit this season. 
Do you think we would still have a club if all the fans refused to go to games when we were signing shite in league 1 cause we didn't expect anything good back then all what would have happened is we would probably be out senior leagues without the income

Just now, mccurdieboy said:
3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Do you think we would still have a club if all the fans refused to go to games when we were signing shite in league 1 cause we didn't expect anything good back then all what would have happened is we would probably be out senior leagues without the income

No one said anything about not attending games, it was about getting a season ticket. 

But yes, if we continue to make horrific signings I will be picking and choosing which games I attend. There is far more to life than watching horrible football every weekend. 

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Why? Because of the shambles he’s making of it? Understandable 

Nothing could please you , last time I will reply to any of your posts as you obviously have nothing positive to say ever 

Edited by Finlay21

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's about the 5th time I've seen somebody post that list and still nobody seems to have noticed it's a year out of date. Those players were all released in summer 2020.

Good to see you back , with detailed information 

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No, they are maximums allowable for seating at outdoor public events whilst still complying with rules for 2m social distancing and requirement for red zones for subs to sit in, etc. In reality one or two stand clubs like yours and mine are still currently limited to a couple of hundred bodies until the authorities either change the distancing requirements or allow use of BOTH seating and terracing which is currently not allowed.

I don't think many of the football fans around the country battering on about 1,000 fans here and 500 there actually realise any of this.

You can apply for greater numbers to local Councils in theory but in practice, it's irrelevant in this division for all but the biggest 3 or 4 stands clubs.

I assumed that clubs with a mixture of seated areas and terracing would be able to have fans in both areas, so long as limits and social distancing are adhered to. If that isn’t allowed then it’s an absolutely mental policy.

I know there will be plenty of Morton fans going through this thread - what happened at the play-off against Airdrie?

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No, because it’s not actually part of his job.

You can moan about it all you like but the fact remains that the regular updates McCall used to do were far from the ordinary and only done because he liked to sit in front of a camera. The information he conveyed is the exact same as what you hear from Hopkin in the paper.

Or do you think McCall knew how to handle fans expectations? Knew what to say and when to say it to excite fans at the right time and calm them down at others? How PR works and who ultimately pays his wage ? Who has a massive say on team confidence and his job security? 

25 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No, they are maximums allowable for seating at outdoor public events whilst still complying with rules for 2m social distancing and requirement for red zones for subs to sit in, etc. In reality one or two stand clubs like yours and mine are still currently limited to a couple of hundred bodies until the authorities either change the distancing requirements or allow use of BOTH seating and terracing which is currently not allowed.

I don't think many of the football fans around the country battering on about 1,000 fans here and 500 there actually realise any of this.

You can apply for greater numbers to local Councils in theory but in practice, it's irrelevant in this division for all but the biggest 3 or 4 stands clubs.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I know there will be plenty of Morton fans going through this thread - what happened at the play-off against Airdrie?

Morton had the initial 500 maximum, all in the main stand. They then applied for more and got another 100 in the Wee Dublin End.

The cowshed (terrace or seating) wasn't used for paying fans.

Edited by Jamie_M

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Morton had the initial 500 maximum, all in the main stand. They then applied for more and got another 100 in the Wee Dublin End.

The cowshed (terrace or seating) wasn't considered.

The Cowshed seating was considered because that's where the Raes and the rest of the chinless wonders were placed.

20 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah I'm aware of that m8, folk like Wedderburn not listing Dumbarton make it clear.

It was more just a general point about the type of player Duffy was signing at Dumbarton, where he just scoured these lists and the exit trials.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

The Cowshed seating was considered because that's where the Raes and the rest of the chinless wonders were placed.

Wasn't there but didn't realise this.

Ooft.

Shitebag Rae moving the directors box because there were fans there and he was due a hounding.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

No one said anything about not attending games, it was about getting a season ticket. 

But yes, if we continue to make horrific signings I will be picking and choosing which games I attend. There is far more to life than watching horrible football every weekend. 

I'm currently leaning towards this end of the scale when it comes to buying a season, part of this is down to how horrible it was to watch last season. It is important to remember we still only have half a squad so come the first match I could very much have renewed my season. I've always tended to buy late so can easily be swayed in alot of ways before making the final decision. The toxic atmosphere in the SRE when things are going badly week after week absolutely wears you down and just compounds things when the football is horrible to watch. 

At the end of the day people vote with their feet, it happened at the end of the Roberts era, I had chucked going a couple of games before his final game when we had about 600 in the home end. If the team are mince the attendances will go down, and the chairman will act. If they remain steady or increase the team are probably doing something right. 

5 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

The cowshed (terrace or seating) wasn't considered.

Thanks. Absolutely batshit decision making from the authorities but there you go.

Hopefully by at least the first home league game, the majority of these types of restrictions will have been lifted.
Even some kind of compromise to allow people in to standing areas like season ticket only for track and trace, maybe timed entry and wearing masks, no food kiosks open. (Have it delivered to where you are?) Allocated standing/sitting area. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hopefully by at least the first home league game, the majority of these types of restrictions will have been lifted.
Even some kind of compromise to allow people in to standing areas like season ticket only for track and trace, maybe timed entry and wearing masks, no food kiosks open. (Have it delivered to where you are?) Allocated standing/sitting area. 

The Juniors have been running matches with 250 supporters and they are ALL in standing areas.

Or do you think McCall knew how to handle fans expectations? Knew what to say and when to say it to excite fans at the right time and calm them down at others? How PR works and who ultimately pays his wage ? Who has a massive say on team confidence and his job security? 

You’re giving McCall way too much credit by thinking he cared about things other than how he looked.

It’s been discussed that the job McCall had at Ayr is infinitely different to the job Hopkin has. McCall was obviously the manager but given the fact that Cameron was based overseas meant that he effectively had the run of the place. At a proper full time club this shouldn’t be the case. It shouldn’t be the job of the manger to get fans excited or to provide weekly updates on how things are going.

Hopkin has a remit to sign players and win matches. I don’t blame the guy for not wanting to sit down to interviews with Calum regularly. I’d rather he just got on with what he’s being paid to do.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

You’re giving McCall way too much credit by thinking he cared about things other than how he looked.

It’s been discussed that the job McCall had at Ayr is infinitely different to the job Hopkin has. McCall was obviously the manager but given the fact that Cameron was based overseas meant that he effectively had the run of the place. At a proper full time club this shouldn’t be the case. It shouldn’t be the job of the manger to get fans excited or to provide weekly updates on how things are going.

Hopkin has a remit to sign players and win matches. I don’t blame the guy for not wanting to sit down to interviews with Calum regularly. I’d rather he just got on with what he’s being paid to do.

I did hear quite a funny story about McCall and his big ego. He apparently demanded that everyone at the club refered to him as gaffer. 

21 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Thanks. Absolutely batshit decision making from the authorities but there you go.

Greater clarity on regulations is due imminently but I think the expectation is we will be able to use a mix. We (and Ayr) are likely to have very few available seats though while 2m distancing remains.