The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I certainly don’t remember any video of McCall’s being 30mins long. 

I’d much rather the manager was spending time with the players or watching video of potential signings than wasting 30mins cringing whilst Callum asks questions.

Some people on here seriously need to invest in some Tena with the amount of knicker wetting that’s going on.

Even if he does make a James Hunt of it, no amount of bashing and slavering over your keyboard is gonna change it.

He’s not going anywhere so maybe it’s time to calm down and back him?

I’ve had a look and they are around 15 minutes long. The point I’m trying to make though is that these videos were regular and have an insight into McCall’s plans with the squad etc.

These days it’s almost complete silence from the club in that regard. 

7 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I’d much rather the manager was spending time with the players or watching video of potential signings than wasting 30mins cringing whilst Callum asks questions.

Some people on here seriously need to invest in some Tena with the amount of knicker wetting that’s going on.

Even if he does make a James Hunt of it, no amount of bashing and slavering over your keyboard is gonna change it.

Not sure that’s true.  It was arguably the social media meltdowns that contributed to Mark Kerr being sacked.  I’m not saying that’s necessarily a good thing BTW.  I remember Lachlan commenting that he used to spend a lot of time on fans forums when he first became chairman but soon realised how destructive and counter productive that could be when you have to stop thinking like a fan and start thinking like a chairman.  Kind of get the feeling that Dave Smith might be well advised to listen to Cameron on that one.  

9 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

You do realise the point of football forums like these are?  Whether any agrees or disagrees with how well recruitment has gone so far, the whole point is to discuss it, otherwise we’d still be on page 1.

The main problem and gripe people like myself have, is we were warned this was how it was going to go. It’s how he’s recruited since leaving Livi and it’s not ended well at either club he’s managed it. It’s now appears to be how things are going here. I may well be (and hope so) wrong, but the signs are there.

Kerr may not have leaked as much to the press as McCall but last summer he did have a chat with AUMedia for 34 mins. Also although some people disliked him for daring to be different I personally enjoyed Mick McArdle using his laptop to give us midweek updates after B&W TV launched.

Maybe we'll get something this week or it could be down to the availability of the media team.

As for using player agencies it's nothing new at this stage. I'm sure under McCall we had players from some agency turn up at one of the Gretna tournaments and it felt like Andy O'Connell won a raffle to play for us, only for us to release him just as he learnt how to play football.

34 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Not sure that’s true.  It was arguably the social media meltdowns that contributed to Mark Kerr being sacked.  I’m not saying that’s necessarily a good thing BTW.  I remember Lachlan commenting that he used to spend a lot of time on fans forums when he first became chairman but soon realised how destructive and counter productive that could be when you have to stop thinking like a fan and start thinking like a chairman.  Kind of get the feeling that Dave Smith might be well advised to listen to Cameron on that one.  

I dont know that’s 100% accurate. I’m pretty sure it was being bottom of the table and not being able to buy a win for 9 games that led to Kerr’s sacking. I’m sure Dave Smith won’t be making decisions based on what some dimwit posts on SRE Facebook.

Hopkin is what 4 months in to his contract and has been in charge for maybe 10 games. He’s not going anywhere.

Of course you are free to moan, whine and criticise to your heart’s content on here, it’s an open forum.....

The trial thing is nothing new, we had it in Roberts era where we had folk from America over who had won a competition somehow to have a trial at a European club.

We did it with McCall where some players won a trial through some sports agency that was no doubt fleecing folk. Taking money from folk and then organising a training week at a club. 

I’m not saying that is happening here and I am Pleased that the club is leaving no stone unturned looking for talent but this feels like a shite experiment. This feels like we are trying to cobble together a band of misfits with something to prove in the hope it goes right.

f**k that. We have gone through that before with Roberts, Conner and Shanks, Neil Watt…..the only stability we have had in recent years was under Reid and McCall and to a lesser extent Kerr. At the end of the season you have 10 players you wanted to keep and add 4-5 scouted players from clubs round about us plus loans. 
Right now, we have a squad of players that none of us would shed a tear over if they left and 4 signings made from clubs that were glad to see the back of them and we play our first game in 3 weeks time. 

I think if the club are wanting fans to buy a season ticket then it's not unreasonable to expect updates and information from the club to persuade people to buy them. Fingers crossed we hear something this week now they are back.

5 minutes ago, cop said:

I think if the club are wanting fans to buy a season ticket then it's not unreasonable to expect updates and information from the club to persuade people to buy them. Fingers crossed we hear something this week now they are back.

This, it’s a two way street. 

Some fans need to stay patient aswell still early days and as for some who refuse to buy a season ticket due to lack of signings or confidence imo you do not sound like a proper fan as for all my days of supporting Ayr I don't care if we're at bottom of league 1 or top of championship they will always have my support and that's what the club needs support too many people quick to judge before a ball has even been kicked yet.

6 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:
11 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Some fans need to stay patient aswell still early days and as for some who refuse to buy a season ticket due to lack of signings or confidence imo you do not sound like a proper fan as for all my days of supporting Ayr I don't care if we're at bottom of league 1 or top of championship they will always have my support and that's what the club needs support too many people quick to judge before a ball has even been kicked yet.

Season ticket holders aren't the only fans we have. 

7 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:
11 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Jeez, I’ve heard it all now. Not a true fan if you don’t buy a season ticket. What a truly shitey attitude to have. 

Jeez, I’ve heard it all now. Not a true fan if you don’t buy a season ticket. What a truly shitey attitude to have. 
No the point is why would someone say I'm not buying a season ticket due to too club not signing enough players at the moment or not being happy with manager I don't care who manager is or how many players we have signed when the 1st ball is kicked at the start off the season I will make sure I'm there supporting the club

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Although the good news is that Sean McGinty romped home in the opening race by 5 lengths and the club is now considering putting all the season ticket money on him each way in September's Gold Cup.

That’s not what he just said.

I don’t agree with folk waiting about to see who we’ve signed before buying a season ticket. Either buy one or don’t.

2 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:
4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

No the point is why would someone say I'm not buying a season ticket due to too club not signing enough players at the moment or not being happy with manager I don't care who manager is or how many players we have signed when the 1st ball is kicked at the start off the season I will make sure I'm there supporting the club

That’s Absoulotely fine to do that but accusing people of not being real fans if they chose not to get a season ticket or hold of getting a season ticket is very poor in my opinion.

The club need to be showing stuff off the park to encourage fans to purchase a season ticket. 

Im well aware there are complete die hard fans who will purchase season tickets regardless of how the club are performing but not everyone is like that. 

That’s not what he just said.

I don’t agree with folk waiting about to see who we’ve signed before buying a season ticket. Either buy one or don’t.
That's exactly my point shouldn't matter who we sign or who manager is at the club if your a proper fan and you want a season ticket get it.