The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

It’s any fans prerogative to wait to purchase their season ticket , but going by government projected Covid levels  and how sales are going it could be a fair amount of time before a non season ticket holder gets into a game  

Looks like the UK are aiming for Covid Zero...which means that nothing will ever be open again. Since we eradicated the flu, this is the replacement

Might be being daft / blind, but where is the list of players they represent? Their website isn't exactly colour and font friendly for people like me that have Meares Irlen/ Dyslexia and I didn't see anything obvious on their twitter. 

5 hours ago, honestly united said:

So with the players back in training today, and trialists confirmed hopefully we get some actual player speculation other than Toddleoff, and maybe some actual signing news!

To be honest, it's not the lack of signing news that's bothering me the most, I could handle the wait if I knew there was a structure and thought out plan in place to firstly identify and then sign quality targets. 

I think a growing number people are getting nervous because of what would appear to be a lack of structure and joined up thinking. The silence from the club doesn't help that. 

Time will tell. One things for sure, we can't consistently play our location or general unlucky card for our failures in recruitment between now and the start of the season. 

Edited by BukyOHare

Alarm bells are certainly ringing for me now that we’re going with these agencies that have nothing but absolute dug meat players to offer. His signing strategy so far has been the shite from Morton that no one else particularly wanted and now getting these jobby trialists in. This has a major disaster written all over it.  

54 minutes ago, honestly united said:

So with the players back in training today, and trialists confirmed hopefully we get some actual player speculation other than Toddleoff, and maybe some actual signing news!

Finlay’s lack of tidbits would suggest that currently isn’t the case.

Alarm bells are certainly ringing for me now that we’re going with these agencies that have nothing but absolute dug meat players to offer. His signing strategy so far has been the shite from Morton that no one else particularly wanted and now getting these jobby trialists in. This has a major disaster written all over it.  

Probably a better approach than ours of signing absolute shite from airdrie

With all due respect guys, I'm 100% sure that Hopkin and Duffy know FAR MORE about coaching , scouting and identifying potential targets than the somerset boo boys and the mix of know it all posters from some of our opposition sides.

I'd also hazard a guess that they are working very hard behind the scenes and just because you're not getting a facebook or twitter update every 5 mins doesn't mean nothing is going on.

I think you all need to relax a bit.

Ironically I HAVE purchased a season ticket and I'm not ready for sticking my head in the oven just yet, so maybe some of you should take a step back and have a wee think about things before posting some of the utter panic strewn drivel that we're having to read.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

With all due respect guys, I'm 100% sure that Hopkin and Duffy know FAR MORE about coaching , scouting and identifying potential targets than the somerset boo boys and the mix of know it all posters from some of our opposition sides.

I'd also hazard a guess that they are working very hard behind the scenes and just because you're not getting a facebook or twitter update every 5 mins doesn't mean nothing is going on.

Ironically I HAVE purchased a season ticket and I'm not ready for sticking my head in the oven just yet, so maybe some of you should take a step back and have a wee think about things before posting some of the utter panic strewn drivel that we're having to read.

Thats the best post in the last week .

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

So just because you think Hopkin and Duffy know far more than fans (fans who are the lifeblood of the club btw) you are saying we can’t criticise the club?

Get this happy clapping, I’m a better fan than you nonsense in the bin. 

16 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

In hindsight the feedback we've had on Baird wasn't far off the mark and it seems to be a common consensus on Salkeld and McGinty too.

So yes, while you'd like to think they'd know more than the average fan, past history will tell you that we're all creatures of habit.

What's clear so far is that Hopkin and Timmins are going down similar routes to what they have done before in order to recruit players, certainly so far. Is it blind faith, stubbornness or are they indeed geniuses?

Time will tell. 

While there's time to turn things around as things stand, it is starting to make for uncomfortable viewing. 

We've seen this film before folks. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's a duck. 

So just because you think Hopkin and Duffy know far more than fans (fans who are the lifeblood of the club btw) you are saying we can’t criticise the club?
Get this happy clapping, I’m a better fan than you nonsense in the bin. 

I’ll raise your happy clapping claims and say that your whole “fans are the lifeblood…” spiel is classic birthday card pish.

Fans can have an opinion of course but the whole thing we go through every summer of people moaning we’re not signing players, to them complaining we’ve not had a 3 minute interview with the manager (where he doesn’t actually tell us anything anyway), to them writing the season off before it’s started is so boring.

33 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You can add Dumbarton fans to the steady list of fanbases who can confirm from hard-bitten experience that no, Jim Duffy really doesn't have a clue about 'identifying potential targets'. The only surprise about this development is that he would normally phone up the ringers in July instead.

Hopkin's record of squadbuilding speaks for itself last season, having recruited eight attacking midfielders, one goalkeeper and zero credible centre forwards. 

There are undoubtedly other skills that these coaches bring to the table but not one of them (including Timmins) has any credibility in the transfer market. And no amount of furious wagon-circling from yourself and the club insider weirdo is going to change those facts. 

Edited by vikingTON

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ll raise your happy clapping claims and say that your whole “fans are the lifeblood…” spiel is classic birthday card pish.

Fans can have an opinion of course but the whole thing we go through every summer of people moaning we’re not signing players, to them complaining we’ve not had a 3 minute interview with the manager (where he doesn’t actually tell us anything anyway), to them writing the season off before it’s started is so boring.

Where you getting a 3 minute interview? The interviews with McCall were often 20-30 minutes long. 

It's starting to feel like the early days of Lachlan' reign, still traumatised about some of the supposed footballers I was forced to watch back then. 

Has Robbo been binned in favour of Hoppyball expert Finlay? 

We were spoiled in alot of ways by McCall's openness which at times wasn't necessarily a good thing, Kerr brought back a much tighter circle when it came to shared information. We've maybe grown a little to accustomed to the manager telling us everything that is going on, I don't think other teams (bar Partick) in this league will have much more access than we presently do. It would be nice to see the odd interview appearing to say how preparations are going, what's happening commercially etc. 

These are nice to haves rather than essential but also go a long way to building credit with fans. It is a tricky situation in the age of social media and sky sports news, where inside scoops feel like a daily occurrence from larger clubs who obviously have a far greater backroom support staff capacity than we do. As a club our media presence has really grown over the years, but this summer it feels like we've had a higher level of radio silence than normal and a few missed opportunities. If the seasons were released the day after Killie were relegated, I'd probably have one simply from the initial buzz, at present I'm back to potentially being a late buyer if at all. We've yet to hear anything about the new home tops, again missed opportunity for pre order with Killie coming down, surely the design will have been in with Hummel before then?  

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Where you getting a 3 minute interview? The interviews with McCall were often 20-30 minutes long. 

I certainly don’t remember any video of McCall’s being 30mins long. 

I’d much rather the manager was spending time with the players or watching video of potential signings than wasting 30mins cringing whilst Callum asks questions.

Some people on here seriously need to invest in some Tena with the amount of knicker wetting that’s going on.

Even if he does make a James Hunt of it, no amount of bashing and slavering over your keyboard is gonna change it.

He’s not going anywhere so maybe it’s time to calm down and back him?