The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Is it too early for the hopkin out thread?  I never really wanted him in the first place but if things don’t get better soon he can gtf. 

we have no keeper no wingers no striker and the same dodgy midfield we had last year. 

We could maybe put Baird in goals and stick McGinty up top.

There's always options.

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Is it too early for the hopkin out thread?  I never really wanted him in the first place but if things don’t get better soon he can gtf. 

we have no keeper no wingers no striker and the same dodgy midfield we had last year. 

Yes, his remit when he was appointed was to keep us up which he done.

There is however massive alarm bells ringing currently. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Lads, calm down, Messi hasn't turned you down ffs.

I don’t think it’s the fact we didn’t sign Todorov, it’s the concern that Hopkin has no plan or clue. Signing Todorov was a move in the right direction and it looks like he’s fucked it. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I get the impression that a plan B has only occurred to them when they saw he’d fucked off to Dunfermline this afternoon 

I'm inclined to agree . This is a major blow for Hopkins as his whole playing style is dependant on a big focal point no9 up top . Killie already have Cameron tied up and I'm guessing Jordon White is beyond our budget ! Any others ?

1 minute ago, Dauntless said:

I'm inclined to agree . This is a major blow for Hopkins as his whole playing style is dependant on a big focal point no9 up top . Killie already have Cameron tied up and I'm guessing Jordon White is beyond our budget ! Any others ?

Did White not just sign for County permanently?  Plus he starts for them.

Edited by TheScarf

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don’t think it’s the fact we didn’t sign Todorov, it’s the concern that Hopkin has no plan or clue. Signing Todorov was a move in the right direction and it looks like he’s fucked it. 

What have you based this on ?

You obviously know much more than the rest of us.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

The evidence I have seen so far. Knowing in February we needed a rebuild, offering deals to players who almost to a man rejected them. 
being about a month behind other clubs in the league in terms of recruitment leaving us looking at English or Irish based players. Which will lead to us having to pay over the odds to tempt them to Scotland. 

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Have you seen he signed Sean McGinty and Cameron Salkeld? Two players who were gash at his former club. 

It just screems to me like it’s the old pals act . 

Now really isn’t the time to panic. Just because we can’t name potential targets off the top of our heads doesn’t mean our actual manager is the same.

The reality is that Hopkin was always up against it because he either wasn’t people’s first choice or people weren’t happy with the results after he came in. I don’t see why we can’t wait and see what state the squad is in just before we play Albion Rovers. I don’t think there’s any other clubs in this league that have completed squads yet.

Have you seen he signed Sean McGinty and Cameron Salkeld? Two players who were gash at his former club. 

It just screems to me like it’s the old pals act . 

Because he signed 2 players you don’t like?

Folk acting like we’ve went and signed the entire Morton team with stuff like this.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The evidence I have seen so far. Knowing in February we needed a rebuild, offering deals to players who almost to a man rejected them. 
being about a month behind other clubs in the league in terms of recruitment leaving us looking at English or Irish based players. Which will lead to us having to pay over the odds to tempt them to Scotland. 

A bit of cherry picking here as the players he approached from our direct opponents (Morton), all jumped at the chance to join Ayr and Hopkin at Somerset.

None of us are privy to the contract details but it could easily be argued that he made an offer to Todd, Walsh and McCowan based on what he thought they were worth, however all three were able to gain better offers elsewhere which is fair enough. I for one certainly wouldn't have wanted us breaking the bank to keep Todd or Walsh and McCowan was always likely to be moving up a level.

I also don't believe that we're "about a month" behind all the others in this league and as for Todorov, it would seem that was completely outwith the control of Hopkin, the bod and everyone connected with Ayr United.