The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Todorov announced at Dunfermline

FOR f**k SAKE 

Exactly, that’s a blow as he was the one that was almost certainly coming to us , must have been a late change of heart as Dunfermline were never in the running , there goes my good centre forward coming in this week 

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

He was never signing for you. I don't know why you thought he would be.

Oh yes he was , he was here 2 weeks ago and we were looking like the team he was coming too , he had turned down Dundee and Livingston by then , Dunfermline must be giving him a fantastic deal 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We offered him a deal and was down for talks as far as I know. 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Exactly, that’s a blow as he was the one that was almost certainly coming to us , must have been a late change of heart as Dunfermline were never in the running , there goes my good centre forward coming in this week 

Just now, Finlay21 said:

Oh yes he was , he was here 2 weeks ago and we were looking like the team he was coming too , he had turned down Dundee and Livingston by then , Dunfermline must be giving him a fantastic deal 

Was he?  Even though he made it clear that he wanted to move back down to the east coast?  

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

So yeah, we chose his first option then, an east coast club near his family.

Yes, but @RiG said he was never signing for us. There was clearly a chance when he came down for talks.

I reckon that he’s seen the complete bin fire of a squad Hopkin is assembling and quite rightly told him to bolt. 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

So yeah, we chose his first option then, an east coast club near his family.

Fair play to Dunfermline, as I said must have given him a good deal , as led to believe he was offered decent deal at Ayr 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yes, but @RiG said he was never signing for us. There was clearly a chance when he came down for talks.

I reckon that he’s seen the complete bin fire of a squad Hopkin is assembling and quite rightly told him to bolt. 

Probably more money at the Pars too brother.

12 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There was as much chance as there was of him signing for us given we also offered him a deal. If Dunfermline have offered the guy mad money to blow Ayr or whoever else out the water fair play to them. He's reaping the rewards of a purple patch for a few months last season and he will rightly be trying to maximise what he can earn. I think he's a useful player but he's not worth a daft offer to get him to sign (if that is what Dunfermline have done).

I'm already looking forward to booing him next season because I am incredibly fickle :) 

Edited by RiG

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Imagine having a player wanting to play for Peter Grant more than yourself jesus christ

I'm pretty sure location and money are the two main drivers as opposed to the coaching staff or perceived quality of the rest of the playing squad.