The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Obviously the Killie game looks like the most likely to be shown on BBC. What Somerset fixtures do you think they’ll show? Am i right in  saying they can only have 2 from each ground all season

Both games with Killie .

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Nah, I can’t see the BBC using their quota of home game so for us and them on Ayrshire’s derbies that nobody outwith Ayrshire really cares about 

That’s just untrue. Ayr v Kilmarnock is by far the biggest game in the championship this season and I will be very surprised if all 4 aren’t televised. 

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Nah, I can’t see the BBC using their quota of home game so for us and them on Ayrshire’s derbies that nobody outwith Ayrshire really cares about 

As opposed to the huge national interest in (eg) Dunfermline v QoS?

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s just untrue. Ayr v Kilmarnock is by far the biggest game in the championship this season and I will be very surprised if all 4 aren’t televised. 

5 minutes ago, Iain said:

As opposed to the huge national interest in (eg) Dunfermline v QoS?

Did the BBC show 4 Dunfermline v Raith games last season? I know they showed one or two but outwith the region I doubt there is heavy interest in an Ayr v Killie game. I think they may televise one each from Somerset and Rugby Park but I don’t think all 4 will be  on BBC. Maybe Sky will pick one up if they’re at a loss of things to show 

Did the BBC show 4 Dunfermline v Raith games last season? I know they showed one or two but outwith the region I doubt there is heavy interest in an Ayr v Killie game. I think they may televise one each from Somerset and Rugby Park but I don’t think all 4 will be  on BBC. Maybe Sky will pick one up if they’re at a loss of things to show 
Just 1!

Difference is Dunfermline v Raith has been a regular game over the last 30 years or so, we have only played Killie in the odd cup game here and there, I think there will be a novelty factor that folk will want to watch.

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Ayr v Kilmarnock is a far bigger game than Dunfermline v Raith so not quite sure why you are comparing them. the Ayrshire derby is arguably the 3rd or 4th biggest derby in Scotland behind the Old Firm, Edinburgh Derby and possibly the Dundee Derby. 

No because they showed Hearts or Dundee ant chance they had however this season we don’t have a club as big as either as those two so you’d think BBC will focus in on Killie vs Ayr and Dunfermline vs Raith.

44 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Going by the chat on here, I assume Ayr United have offered Godorov a contract?

I think he will be the signing we are supposed to be getting excited about, however he will go elsewhere and we’ll be left with some random. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I think he will be the signing we are supposed to be getting excited about, however he will go elsewhere and we’ll be left with some random. 

Dundee or Dunfermline I'm hearing as someone at The Caley told me he wants to go back to the East/Edinburgh area.

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ayr v Kilmarnock is a far bigger game than Dunfermline v Raith so not quite sure why you are comparing them. the Ayrshire derby is arguably the 3rd or 4th biggest derby in Scotland behind the Old Firm, Edinburgh Derby and possibly the Dundee Derby. 

😂

I like the Ayrshire Derby quite a bit and usually root for Ayr in it, but enough of this pish. No 'possibly' about it, pal. You're pretty solidly in 4th place.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

😂

I like the Ayrshire Derby quite a bit and usually root for Ayr in it, but enough of this pish. No 'possibly' about it, pal. You're pretty solidly in 4th place.

Mate, your mob and the Arabs have a wee cuddle at the end of your “derby”. Very poor 

Good fixtures, disappointing about the first one being away with the inevitable extending restrictions meaning nobody will go, also an odd one being the tuesday night at Somerset, tasty festive fixtures with back to back away games to see Uncle Ian at Firhill on the Wednesday 29th and then away for the derby on the 2nd January. Also last game of the season at home to Partick.

NOW JUST FUCKING SIGN SOME ATTACKING PLAYERS PLEASE.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Todorov announced at Dunfermline

FOR f**k SAKE 

He was never signing for you. I don't know why you thought he would be.

On a serious note who the f**k is actual left as a striker, known for scoring and a free agent. 

I can't think of anyone.... they've all been signed up meanwhile we've flown out the block and signed about 5 defenders..... and lost all our attacking players