The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Clarke is a good coach and I don’t even disagree with him playing O’Donnell and Marshall.

I do have a problem with our main tactic being to lump it in behind the opposing fullbacks and hope for the best. Billy Gilmore and Che Adams coming in for Christie and McTominay are the only changes I’d make tbh.

As for Ayr. Well any news to cheer us up would be much appreciated. Hopefully an update tomorrow with the start of pre season and a couple signings…

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Clarke is a good coach and I don’t even disagree with him playing O’Donnell and Marshall.

I do have a problem with our main tactic being to lump it in behind the opposing fullbacks and hope for the best. Billy Gilmore and Che Adams coming in for Christie and McTominay are the only changes I’d make tbh.

As for Ayr. Well any news to cheer us up would be much appreciated. Hopefully an update tomorrow with the start of pre season and a couple signings…

I’d keep mctominay in and drop a centre half unless tierney is fit,  if he’s not fit then I’d say we have an even smaller chance of getting anything from the game

I think the only valid tactic for the England game is to get as drunk as possible before kick off in the hopes of dulling the pain.

As for O’Donnell, he is completely out of his depth.  His only effective tackle was on Christie.

I think the only valid tactic for the England game is to get as drunk as possible before kick off in the hopes of dulling the pain.
As for O’Donnell, he is completely out of his depth.  His only effective tackle was on Christie.

There isn’t a better option than O’Donnell for that position.

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

think the only valid tactic for the England game is to get as drunk as possible before kick off in the hopes of dulling the pain.

Clarke is at a crossroads , made us hard to beat and got us to a finals on the back of it . However time to drop of O’Donnell Christie Hanley and Armstrong if we are to go to the next level . Adams , Patterson and  Gilmour are the future , may as well see what they can do in a finals . 

Russel McLean?  Saw there  he has left Montrose and I think he had knocked Morton back earlier in the month so might be heading to another Championship side. 

I don’t think Montrose fans were that fussed to see him go tbh although I see he scored in both legs against Morton.

42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I was meaning in the current squad but yeah I’d rather have Devlin.

Would probably have Shaun Rooney as well.

Devlin / O Donnell / Rooney etc all pales in to insignificance when the manager sees Lyndon Dykes as a better all round centre forward than Che Adams tbf. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I was meaning in the current squad but yeah I’d rather have Devlin.

Would probably have Shaun Rooney as well.

I'd play Forrest there. No worse defensively than SODs.

5 hours ago, Hursty said:

Russel McLean?  Saw there  he has left Montrose and I think he had knocked Morton back earlier in the month so might be heading to another Championship side. 

The Greenock Telegraph said that he turned us down because he wants to stay part-time.

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

Ayrshire derby is a guarantee to be 1st game of the season, with about 500 folk allowed.....

Nah you need to count back from boxing day surely?  Will be GW 3 or 4 I think.