The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Only seen him 3 times , I will judge him in an Ayr strip not on 4 Morton fans who criticise nearly every player who has played for them , 

If Ayr United signed Lionel Messi would you wait to 'judge him in an Ayr strip' and scrupulously avoid any judgment of his career elsewhere, or does the Happy-Clapper Charter only ever apply to total haddies that you desperately want to white knight for?

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm actually hoping he might be an upgrade on Baird (who is one of the worst defenders we have had at this level - that is not hyperbole). 

Baird was comfortably the less horseshit of the two during the 19/20 campaign, so no luck there.

I seem to recall Ayr fans being forewarned about Baird's deficiencies though, only for this to be foolishly written off as 'jealousy' and 'sour grapes' that we hadn't tied ourselves to some haddy on a multi-year deal for no valid reason. 

Edited by vikingTON

If a footballer is shite, it's pretty much guaranteed their going to be shite everywhere.  Unless they drop 3 or 4 levels to play at their ability level.

Look at Brad McKay, labelled shite by Hearts, St Johnstone, Dunfermline and The Caley fans.  is he magically going to become good because he's going to wear a Falkirk strip next?

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If a footballer is shite, it's pretty much guaranteed their going to be shite everywhere.  Unless they drop 3 or 4 levels to play at their ability level.

Look at Brad McKay, labelled shite by Hearts, St Johnstone, Dunfermline and The Caley fans.  is he magically going to become good because he's going to wear a Falkirk strip next?

There are players out there who seems to keep getting transfers at a decent level whilst young regardless of their actual ability, managers love a "I can get the best out of him" type project if they have had a couple of decent games or been touted by an academy / youth system as a star of the future. It is the nature of football for fans to then look at the club history of players and automatically think they must have something about them if they are young and have been around clubs at a good level.

McGinty has Manchester United youth on his CV, it will open alot of doors for him up to a point, he's now 27 so if it goes wrong at Ayr he is likely to disappear down the black hole with if he's lucky a short stay in league 1. If it goes well or averagely, then other managers at this level will likely look to take a punt. 

45 minutes ago, virginton said:

If Ayr United signed Lionel Messi would you wait to 'judge him in an Ayr strip' and scrupulously avoid any judgment of his career elsewhere, or does the Happy-Clapper Charter only ever apply to total haddies that you desperately want to white knight for?

Yes I don t care how players played for other clubs , only interested in how they play for Ayr and I will judge any player then , happy clapper ?? I give plenty of criticism to players when I see how they play not before 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

The big signings will be along in a few days so watch this space...

Convincing no-one here. 

Dunno what he needs to convince people of tbh. He’s made his point that he’ll reserve judgment on any player until they play for Ayr.

Personally I don’t always do that but who cares.

14 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

2 out of the 3rd best defence in league 

But none of the best players in said defence.

With just 1 addition replacing the 2 you took, Morton's defence is now stronger than it was before.

58 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

But none of the best players in said defence.

With just 1 addition replacing the 2 you took, Morton's defence is now stronger than it was before.

Let’s cut the chat Greenock boy , my ears are bleeding with all your horse shit . You think we’ve signing crap players , have a crap manager and as a club are doomed to L1 . I say your wrong on all counts . But hey let’s do our talking on the football pitch . Be seeing you very soon ... 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Right. Now that Scotland have absolutely shat the bed ane we are out already I'm back interested in who we sign.   Come on "cheer us back up Tuesday" 

Most of the reason I don't bother my arse with the national team...they have a cheek to talk about England bigging themselves up :lol: 

I also couldn't deal with double disappointment when both Ayr and Scotland are playing in quick succession

Edited by mugen_power

We’re are the forward player’s  coming from 

we have signed 2 other centre half’s and we have  Baird and Asro

Aaro  should be be first choice and any off the others  make up the jerseys pending what formation we play

forward thinking players need signed considering the players we have lost

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

Most of the reason I don't bother my arse with the national team...they have a cheek to talk about England bigging themselves up :lol: 

I also couldn't deal with double disappointment when both Ayr and Scotland are playing in quick succession

The media annointed Clarke as some kind of messiah on the strength of one decent season at Kilmarnock..  Found out big time.