The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, Iain said:

Watching the trauma in the Denmark game makes me wonder whether Ayr are fully equipped with defibrillators or if it's something that needs funds raised for?

I am certain it’s a mandatory piece of equipment at all senior grounds , I know a doctor must be in attendance at all Ayr home games ( likely same at all clubs ) 

Edited by Finlay21

35 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I really liked Junior as a player for us. Definitely one of the underrated players of the last decade or so 

I'm not sure he was underrated. He had an awful knack for getting under high balls and letting them bounce rather than clear them.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I really liked Junior as a player for us. Definitely one of the underrated players of the last decade or so 

Probably could have had a decent career at this level. Instead after leaving us he signed for a Falkirk team where Pressley liked to play out from the back which was never his game.

By the time he re-joined us on loan he had gained some extra pounds and wasn't the same player. Still not as bad as Neil McGregor who we signed at the same time and was apparently a Premier League player.

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I remember that legends match! Who was the actual testimonial against and who were some of the "legends" playing? 

Got this shirt for my son just before he was born on the day of that testimonial. Both Mark and Martyn played. Lost 1-0 to Coleraine. 

Henry Templeton signed it with a fag hanging out his gub. Gary Teale was happy to sign. Alex Williams, Craig Nelson, Robert Reilly and of course Somerset boab 😂

16235293038872938071286195245530.jpg

Edited by Roxanne's man

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Got this shirt for my son just before he was born on the day of that testimonial. Both Mark and Martyn played. Lost 1-0 to Coleraine. 

Henry Templeton signed it with a fag hanging out his gub. Gary Teale was happy to sign. Alex Walker, Craig Nelson, Robert Reilly and of course Somerset boab 😂

16235293038872938071286195245530.jpg

That's awesome. A nice wee start to his Ayr United supporting life 😊

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Fucked off after the club refused to give him special privileges. Think he was after free season tickets or whatever. A complete chancer imo.

Came back the second McCall fucked off, I know which one of the 2 I'd rather have by my side. 

Edited by ayrmad

I’m trying to remember the game where a player got knocked out, Maybe Trouten(?) and the Ambulance folk walked on at a saunter while the crowd were screaming at them to get a move on
Fairly sure that's standard procedure and has been for a while, even saw it today in the Denmark game. Would be useful if more folk knew that

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m trying to remember the game where a player got knocked out, Maybe Trouten(?) and the Ambulance folk walked on at a saunter while the crowd were screaming at them to get a move on

I remember a game at Somerset against Dunfermline. During a minutes silence before the game, someone had keeled over at the end of the coo shed and had burst their head open. It literally took about Ten minutes for the ambulance squad to arrive from the other side of the pitch. 

I like to think that they gave him the V.I.P treatment and gave him a pint, a massage and full use of the Hospitality suite for his troubles 😊👍

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Obviously not the same but Erickson collapsing at the Euros reminded me about IIRC Hendry Smith swallowing his tongue Infront of the Somerset Rd end

Henry Smith the goalie from around 96?

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Obviously not the same but Erickson collapsing at the Euros reminded me about IIRC Hendry Smith swallowing his tongue Infront of the Somerset Rd end

I believe it was Cammy Duncan, not Henry Smith. Unless they both did it?

5 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Who was it got strechered off at Somerset only to come back on the field 5 minutes later?

I think it was Pat McGInley.

It genuinely looked very worrying at the time. At the very least season or career ending, but everyone was more concerned about his immediate health.

As you say he was stretchered off to an eerie atmosphere only to return like Lazarus a few minutes later to everyone's delight and astonishment.

It appeared so miraculous that I wouldn't have been surprised if the medics had then proceeded to feed the whole crowd with 5 pies and 2 sausage rolls before turning the stock of kiora into wine.