The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I like AVFTT, some of the video packages they do are brilliant, the one on Eriskay FC in particular. They treat lower leagues football in a non-patronising way.

They also get stuck in occasionally, with ex-pro's you tend to get cronyism and they will not say a bad word against one of their own, or like Scottish sports journalism, afraid that  if they say a Rangers/Celtic player is poor, they wont get any more interviews or exclusives from that club. The open goal podcast can be guilty of that. 

My only criticism is that sometimes a couple of them think their opinion actually matters and what they are saying is profound and important. You are 4(5) guys talking shite about football in an entertaining way and that is the charm of the show.

It reminds me a bit like Somerset Bob 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I do not watch television so therefore have no idea what you cants are on about.

I would describe it as an electronic box which displays moving images and plays sounds of events from other locations.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I like AVFTT, some of the video packages they do are brilliant, the one on Eriskay FC in particular. They treat lower leagues football in a non-patronising way.

They also get stuck in occasionally, with ex-pro's you tend to get cronyism and they will not say a bad word against one of their own, or like Scottish sports journalism, afraid that  if they say a Rangers/Celtic player is poor, they wont get any more interviews or exclusives from that club. The open goal podcast can be guilty of that. 

My only criticism is that sometimes a couple of them think their opinion actually matters and what they are saying is profound and important. You are 4(5) guys talking shite about football in an entertaining way and that is the charm of the show.

It reminds me a bit like Somerset Bob 

Somerset Boab?  That’s a blast from the past. Whatever happened to him - seemed to be everywhere for a while?   Didn’t he have his own beer?

Somerset Boab?  That’s a blast from the past. Whatever happened to him - seemed to be everywhere for a while?   Didn’t he have his own beer?

Fucked off after the club refused to give him special privileges. Think he was after free season tickets or whatever. A complete chancer imo.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Fucked off after the club refused to give him special privileges. Think he was after free season tickets or whatever. A complete chancer imo.

The novelty was wearing off which is probably why I didn’t notice he’d disappeared.  I remember a game against Rangers where he provided the half time “entertainment” - a line was definitely crossed.

9 minutes ago, HMIP said:

The novelty was wearing off which is probably why I didn’t notice he’d disappeared.  I remember a game against Rangers where he provided the half time “entertainment” - a line was definitely crossed.

I remember that well. Had some of the Golf Towels the clubs shop were selling, wiped his forehead before tossing them into the crowd, telling them they had genuine 'Boaby Sweat' on them. 

Played in the Ayr united Legends Match and scored one of the poorest goals I've ever seen before Martyn Campbell testimonial. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There was someone else, can’t remember his name, decided to become the fans representative at the club when maybe Sandy Louden or Donny McIntyre was chairman. Was invited to a couple of board meetings to be a voice for the fans.

He started standing on the side terrace wearing a suit and trench coat, like Somerset Bob seemed to disappear up his own arse.

Remember it well, was very embarrassing and extremely tinpot

38 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I remember that well. Had some of the Golf Towels the clubs shop were selling, wiped his forehead before tossing them into the crowd, telling them they had genuine 'Boaby Sweat' on them. 

Played in the Ayr united Legends Match and scored one of the poorest goals I've ever seen before Martyn Campbell testimonial. 

I remember that legends match! Who was the actual testimonial against and who were some of the "legends" playing? 

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I remember that legends match! Who was the actual testimonial against and who were some of the "legends" playing? 

Coleraine from Northern Ireland. They beat us and I remember a group of their fans being in club de mar that night singing anti Ayr songs and pro Stranraer songs. It was all very strange. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Coleraine from Northern Ireland. They beat us and I remember a group of their fans being in club de mar that night singing anti Ayr songs and pro Stranraer songs. It was all very strange. 

That's right. What year was that? 

They seem to play stranraer every year in a friendly but taking to sing pro stinlar songs is bizarre behaviour 😂

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That's right. What year was that? 

They seem to play stranraer every year on a friendly but taking to sing pro stinlar songs is bizarre behaviour 😂

2015, if I remember correctly Martyn Campbell limped off early. 

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Obviously not the same but Erickson collapsing at the Euros reminded me about IIRC Hendry Smith swallowing his tongue Infront of the Somerset Rd end

Cuthbert kneeing Chris Smith in the face by accident and Kenny Deuchar removing his tongue from his throat as well.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Cuthbert kneeing Chris Smith in the face by accident and Kenny Deuchar removing his tongue from his throat as well.

He was then back 2 weeks later to head home the winner in a game away to Hamilton Accies. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He was then back 2 weeks later to head home the winner in a game away to Hamilton Accies. 

Wasn’t it the following Saturday, with him scoring the winner against St Mirren in the league cup during the week?