The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Finlay21 said:

As Djaffo has mentioned above , no goalkeeper has signed yet as a couple are coming to training next week , if I was a betting man I would not be putting a penny on Rodgers would be an outsider , striker will be a good addition 

You’ve been peddling this striker being a good addition for a while now. Hope you’re on the money!

3 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

You’ve been peddling this striker being a good addition for a while now. Hope you’re on the money!

I think he’s a decent player and can’t see why many would not agree ( if it’s who I seen last week ) 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

I think he’s a decent player and can’t see why many would not agree ( if it’s who I seen last week ) 

We could sign Ronaldo or Messi and we'd get complaints about "past their best", "not proven in the scottish game" etc !!

They would probably have a point but I'd be willing to take a chance on them.

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We could sign Ronaldo or Messi and we'd get complaints about "past their best", "not proven in the scottish game" etc !!

They would probably have a point but I'd be willing to take a chance on them.

No pace anymore, can't expect Moffat to do all his running anymore. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

@Finlay21 

if the new home kit is bespoke, will it be the same situation as last seasons away kit, a one and done only available on pre-order? 

it’s not fair on you having to answer these questions all the time but no one else is telling us anything. 

Looks like this one  is possibly 2 deliveries , if you pm me your name and size  I will reserve 1 for you 

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Looks like this one  is possibly 2 deliveries , if you pm me your name and size  I will reserve 1 for you 

I presume Hummel's gear is similarly sized to last year? I'm holding on to the fact that European sizes tend to be smaller, rather than confront reality.  

Reserving would be good if possible...

23 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I presume Hummel's gear is similarly sized to last year? I'm holding on to the fact that European sizes tend to be smaller, rather than confront reality.  

Same sizing as last year , but a better material it’s now beecool climate control , pm me if you want 1 reserved need size and either home  or away 

5 hours ago, Dauntless said:

Reminds me of Sludden and Templeton not being wanted or rated by the mighty Airdrie , the rest is history .

Remember how for years there was that buzz about how Ronaldinho _almost_ had a trial with St Mirren, lol, wouldn't that have been funny? And then Riyad Mahrez literally _did_ have a trial with them and they rejected him for being too short.

56 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Same sizing as last year , but a better material it’s now beecool climate control , pm me if you want 1 reserved need size and either home  or away 

Any idea when the home one is to be released?

By “release” I mean the club putting up photos for us common folk to see what it looks like not necessarily when it will be on sale.

Edited by eez-eh

33 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Any idea when the home one is to be released?

By “release” I mean the club putting up photos for us common folk to see what it looks like not necessarily when it will be on sale.

I have not even seen it yet   , I believe we should see end of next week , but won’t to be here until July 

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Bell signed on with thistle for a season. Seems the party line about work commitments has been BS

Sounds that way, although he’s probably come to an agreement with McCall that he can train part time with Thistle 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Bell signed on with thistle for a season. Seems the party line about work commitments has been BS

Nope , he is still continuing with his normal job , he works afternoons and evenings  in Glasgow so it suits him to be training there 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I think I'd be more perturbed by him specifically saying that he wouldn't play for another team at this level (ie. against us). Dunno why I'm bothered though as I used to gripe about him all the time... before I saw the knick of Baird, right enough. He's also free to do what he wants.

I wish him well, you sometimes don't know what you had until its gone and that's definitely my view on Bell.

Edited by Trogdor

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think I'd be more perturbed by him specifically saying that he wouldn't play for another team at this level (ie. against us). Dunno why I'm bothered though as I used to gripe about him all the time... before I saw the knick of Baird, right enough. He's also free to do what he wants.

I wish him well, you sometimes don't know what you had until its gone and that's definitely my view on Bell.

Presumably Thistle offered him good terms? He’s hardly going to turn that down just because he made a remark about never wanting to play against Ayr. What if he signed for a team and you drew them in the cup? Would you expect him to refuse to play?

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Presumably Thistle offered him good terms? He’s hardly going to turn that down just because he made a remark about never wanting to play against Ayr. What if he signed for a team and you drew them in the cup? Would you expect him to refuse to play?

I think you read the first sentence of my post and then stopped reading. I said he's free to do what he wants. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, super_carson said:

The sizing last season was off. An XL normally fits me comfortably while being slightly loose, but last seasons XL away kit was tight AF.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The sizing last season was off. An XL normally fits me comfortably while being slightly loose, but last seasons XL away kit was tight AF.

Aye the sizing was mental. I went a size up and it was still a bit tight. 

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think you read the first sentence of my post and then stopped reading. I said he's free to do what he wants. 🤷‍♂️

I’m curious as to why you’re perturbed by a footballer going back on his word for (presumably) money.