The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, mccurdieboy said:

What would happen if there's a 500 limit and a good number off season ticket holders can't go to games don't think it would be fair on the ones that can't go

That thought has crossed my mind as well. I stay about 60 miles from Ayr and if its back to 'stay local' I'll have to watch a stream. 

That being said, call me naive or optimistic but vacinnes are working. As long as hospitalisations don't start increasing dramatically, we should be okay.

If the fan zones get the go ahead next week then there is absolutely no way they could justify shutting football down in July. 
10,000 untested people in one commercial owned and operated area v a limited crowd of even 1500 without alcohol. 

I’m not making any political point here, I think that with the new variant, there should be testing or at least a reduction in numbers to prevent a rise that would delay a return of fans next season. f**k the Euros and f**k the fan zone if it leads to another 3 months streaming games. 

If they go ahead as is and it leads to a delay then the government will be 100% to blame 

19 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If the fan zones get the go ahead next week then there is absolutely no way they could justify shutting football down in July. 
10,000 untested people in one commercial owned and operated area v a limited crowd of even 1500 without alcohol. 

I’m not making any political point here, I think that with the new variant, there should be testing or at least a reduction in numbers to prevent a rise that would delay a return of fans next season. f**k the Euros and f**k the fan zone if it leads to another 3 months streaming games. 

If they go ahead as is and it leads to a delay then the government will be 100% to blame 

Outdoor transmission accounts for less than 1% of cases. People are knicker wetting about the fanzones and Hampden. There is no justification for there being no fans come the 1st game of the season. The elderly and vulnerable are double dosed. Fans (of some amount) should have been back long before now 

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Outdoor transmission accounts for less than 1% of cases. People are knicker wetting about the fanzones and Hampden. There is no justification for there being no fans come the 1st game of the season. The elderly and vulnerable are double dosed. Fans (of some amount) should have been back long before now 

Apparently your 40 times less likely to catch Covid outside than inside.

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The government position is about trade off, if they allow schools to go back, medium to large events can’t return until the impact of the former is assessed. That is fair enough. Schools before gyms, cinemas, bingo etc. Pubs with restrictions before music venues and comedy clubs, etc. All about controlling the risk.

10,000 folk in a fan zone and 12,000 folk a couple of miles away at Hampden seems like a big jump from what we have had up until today. Without testing or an insistence on 2 vaccines it seems like they aren’t looking at controlling the risk to the level they have been up until now.

so they can’t let the genie out the bottle for the Euros and then try and force it back in for Stirling Albion v. Annan in 6 weeks time

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

It’s because they are going to be able to watch the Mighty Killie emoji106.png

Is the conversation on your own forum so shite that you've got to come on here and pollute the place with your own shite. Bar of soap, ya dick 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Every club in the UK will be in same situation, I think we will be fine at around 1000

1 hour ago, mccurdieboy said:

I can't we why we couldn't have 1000 in Somerset plenty of room to social distance imo

We're probably quite lucky in as much as Somerset still holds around the 10,000 mark which will be more than many, so even if they go with the 10% rule (I'd be hoping for more though) then that should more or less guarantee all our season ticket holders.

Our ticketing system also provides the track and trace details automatically I'd assume (even for those without a season ticket) and taking the whole of the NT as an example (including the away end), then I can see no risks at all and plenty of room to social distance. It's also completely open air so if I can manage to go about my business in a busy high street then I can most certainly stand safely in the NT for an hour and a half with all my details already given via season ticket info for track and trace.

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The government position is about trade off, if they allow schools to go back, medium to large events can’t return until the impact of the former is assessed. That is fair enough. Schools before gyms, cinemas, bingo etc. Pubs with restrictions before music venues and comedy clubs, etc. All about controlling the risk.

10,000 folk in a fan zone and 12,000 folk a couple of miles away at Hampden seems like a big jump from what we have had up until today. Without testing or an insistence on 2 vaccines it seems like they aren’t looking at controlling the risk to the level they have been up until now.

so they can’t let the genie out the bottle for the Euros and then try and force it back in for Stirling Albion v. Annan in 6 weeks time

I've heard the Juniors are allowing various matches this week / next week to go ahead with 250 fans present, if this is indeed the case then there's absolutely no way on earth that the likes of Ayr couldn't safely host matches with our advanced ticketing system and stewarding.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

What a statistic that is, you better not have made that up. 🤣

It's been mentioned a few times on the Covid thread.  Hence the current disdain for the SG's treatment of football fans.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I've heard the Juniors are allowing various matches this week / next week to go ahead with 250 fans present, if this is indeed the case then there's absolutely no way on earth that the likes of Ayr couldn't safely host matches with our advanced ticketing system and stewarding.

A number of the former Junior clubs have already hosted matches with crowds, with plenty more matches scheduled. I was at Ardeer v Whitletts on Monday which was pay at the gate. Kilwinning are using an e-ticket system for their friendlies.

Place your bets please… who we signing next week?

I’m going for a striker (hopefully Todorov or someone with a bit of record in this league) and another forward/attacking midfielder.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Place your bets please… who we signing next week?

I’m going for a striker (hopefully Todorov or someone with a bit of record in this league) and another forward/attacking midfielder.

I am going to go hopefully for an experienced centre forward 

an attacking midfielder/ forward 

a goalkeeper with   game experience 

backed up with a couple of out to prove themselves loanees  , this my guess absolutely no inside information 

Edited by Finlay21

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I am going to go hopefully for an experienced centre forward 

an attacking midfielder/ forward 

a goalkeeper with   game experience 

backed up with a couple of out to prove themselves loanees  , this my guess absolutely no inside information 

All this to be announced next week you reckon? That would be very welcome indeed. Especially with the two Burnley boys on top of that.