The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Ally Semple has left Cumnock, we were signing him every summer Roberts was manager yet ended up with Ally Brown for one of them. 

It doesn't make sense to have two full time senior keepers at this level unless they are going to split the playing time, a first choice and either a youth or a part time keeper as back-up would make sense. 

24 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I think it’s safe to say we are the most popular and therefore the best team in Ayrshire. That lot have been on this sub forum for a few days now and have hardly posted yet we’re continuing to rattle through the posts. Nothing to fear next season lads!

Read somewhere a wee while ago they have a private forum they use more

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

It doesn't make sense to have two full time senior keepers at this level unless they are going to split the playing time

Why should keepers be assured they'll start the whole season? Given all this pish about better budgets due to having paid off debts it would be fucking outrageous if Ayr couldn't name a keeper on the bench every game next season.

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

A bold statement about a man who pulled on the jersey 24 times.

Indeed and just goes to show how big an impression he made on me.

49 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I thought he was a cracking player, and seemed to be playing at a different level to those around him.

However I would add that I was gutted when he was swapped for Cammy Duncan, but would say Cammy was a better player, probably the best keeper we've had

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

A bold statement about a man who pulled on the jersey 24 times.

52 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm trying to decide which of you two it was standing 10 feet away from me on the terracing at Dens during a 4-0 defeat, shouting "f**k off Johnston" every time he touched the ball.

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

Why should keepers be assured they'll start the whole season? Given all this pish about better budgets due to having paid off debts it would be fucking outrageous if Ayr couldn't name a keeper on the bench every game next season.

If we sign 2 experienced keepers only one can play at any one time so we are paying a decent wage for benchwarmer.

I didn’t say anything about not having a second goalkeeper at all so I don’t know where that came from. 

having a young goalkeeper or a part time keeper on the bench as backup, but as last season proved, you can get an emergency loan on the morning of a game if you have to. 

I never got what the fuss about us having one keeper all year was. If ye have some youth keeper on the bench in case of injury/sending off yer fine. Then for any suspensions or injuries plead for an emergency loan and get it. 

The issue I had last yer was Hopkin moaning about the lack of budget for a back up keeper whilst signing fourteen right wingers.

McPake mentioned our 3-1 win at Dens twice. He managed to be totally condescending in the process. You know the script. “No disrespect to Ayr blah blah blah.”. Meaning massive teams like Dundee shouldn’t be losing to useless f***ing minnows like Ayr f***ing United.

17 minutes ago, jm86 said:

McPake mentioned our 3-1 win at Dens twice. He managed to be totally condescending in the process. You know the script. “No disrespect to Ayr blah blah blah.”. Meaning massive teams like Dundee shouldn’t be losing to useless f***ing minnows like Ayr f***ing United.

I'm not sure they battered us in the 0-3 game at Somerset, as he claimed. It was fairly even well into the second half.

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I'm not sure they battered us in the 0-3 game at Somerset, as he claimed. It was fairly even well into the second half.

Yeah we collapsed big time at the end but if Walsh had scored instead of bottling it and trying to pass at 0-0 not long before Dundee went and opened the scoring we would probably have won the game. 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

having a young goalkeeper or a part time keeper on the bench as backup, but as last season proved, you can get an emergency loan on the morning of a game if you have to. 

Last season did not prove anything good with respect to goalkeeper hiring strategies at Ayr United Football Club.

2 hours ago, trainspotter said:

I'm trying to decide which of you two it was standing 10 feet away from me on the terracing at Dens during a 4-0 defeat, shouting "f**k off Johnston" every time he touched the ball.

Well, considering i have stated he was one of my all time favourites, I can assure you that it wasn't me !!!

If robbo / findlay or anyone else is around, I'm in the process of renewing my ST however it's just logging me straight into my account and not giving me an option of "renew", however it has prefilled all my address details etc. 

So, does it matter and can i just proceed or should I be doing something else ??

Cheers in advance for any assistance here.

35 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Well, considering i have stated he was one of my all time favourites, I can assure you that it wasn't me !!!

It was (slightly) rhetorical to be fair. I have very little memory of Johnston besides a last minute equaliser at home against, maybe, Clydebank. This was a time when I was at a lot more games than I manage these days as well.