The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, mccurdieboy said:
14 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:
Yes , we get a sell on fee when Rose  moves on , if I recall correctly I think it’s only about 2/3% , still ok for nothing 

How much would we get if he is sold for 2m then about 2k?

3% of 2,000,000 is 60,000

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

We paid £100k for Sammy Johnston (Alan’s brother) from St Johnstone he was the record signing until the Daziel era, not sure if we broke that during his spell.

We swapped him for Cammy Duncan fairly quickly if I remember, maybe 3 months or so.  McCleod spent a fortune that year on fairly forgettable players. As a result, I remember getting slagged at school from Kilmarnock fans because we had signed a player for £3000 and something like 6 footballs during the Burley era. Somebody McVey I think, from Clyde 

Interestingly although the Sammy Johnston fee was claimed to be £100k, it was reported in Perth as being £50k. We signed him fairly early in the 90-91 season and he was punted days after the Scottish Cup Quarter Final at McDiarmid Park.

The Clyde player you are thinking of could be Graeme McVie. No idea if any transfer fee was involved. I have a feeling we signed Andy Willock from Clyde for not a lot.

We paid £100k for Sammy Johnston (Alan’s brother) from St Johnstone he was the record signing until the Daziel era, not sure if we broke that during his spell.

We swapped him for Cammy Duncan fairly quickly if I remember, maybe 3 months or so.  McCleod spent a fortune that year on fairly forgettable players. As a result, I remember getting slagged at school from Kilmarnock fans because we had signed a player for £3000 and something like 6 footballs during the Burley era. Somebody McVey I think, from Clyde 

I loved Sammy, he was a Gary MacAllister type number 10 who just oozed class, unfortunately his knees had gone and super Ally knowing this managed to pull a fast one with Thistle and got us a swap for Cammy Duncan who turned out as one of our best ever keepers.

Aidan McVeigh? I seem to remember him coming to us, he was a young Irish striker. 

f**k they must have short memories, think our fee for Tam Brown was along very similar lines.

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I see Inverness have announced Tom Walsh has re-signed for them

I don’t think Walsh ever really wanted to be at Ayr - maybe just suited him for a season due to Covid or something.  It’s a pity as I do think he’s a better player than we got to see.

There’s a player in there somewhere but with us he was either injured or looking like he couldn’t be arsed. He’ll probably end up being a decent signing for them but I don’t think Hopkin was that bothered about keeping him.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Happy he’s not signed back on with us. 

I'm kind of the same as he never seemed fit and when he did play towards the end of the season there was more than one occasion where you could see team mates slaughtering him for not putting effort into tracking back and we conceded from it.

That said - at least it was a player who had a bit of ability - thats just one more we need to sign.   Could really do with actually announcing someone half decent now to start to replace the ones that have left.

In fairness he got injured in his first game for us and was injured for a good while but once he was back he didn’t get injured again. 

Considering he was seen as our marquee signing of the summer he didn’t do enough for me.