The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

I cannot emphasise this enough: Alex Ferguson purchased this man for Manchester United. The first time he graced Somerset Park's hallowed soil it was in the same team as Paul Pogba.

Fair enough to compare but you also need to take into account the where are they now for the rest of the squad as well. 

When it comes to a season this year I'll be a late buyer again if I choose to go down that route. Last year was the hardest season of football I've watched, alot of the games I felt utterly bored and disconnected from, to the point I was only watching to have a chat with pals on Zoom. It is difficult just now to get excited, an early marquee signing would have helped alot with that. Said to my friends last season around the Dundee game that I was done and I'd take stop during the league cup games with a fresh set of eyes.

McGinty is old ground on here already, the rest of the signings in my view aren't any worse than what we had last year but they don't scream of being miles ahead either. I can sympathize with both side of the arguement that these are clearly our early targets but, they've not kicked a ball yet either. I agree there are warning signs but we also need to give managers enough rope to either hang themselves or swing from.

9 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think folk need to get over the McGinty signing now. Our season can't be defined by signing him. He may turn out to be useful.....

PR is a marvellous thing,  Gerry McLaughlin signed for Ayr and fans took to him like a cult hero despite him being a liability. Round about the time he signed, AUTV put out a video of Alan Forrests goals, about 8 of them featured Gerry belting out of position and getting done by Forrest. Pettigrew was a "gid Ayr man" but was a liability. 

He isn't a player that is despised by the support and maybe the pressure of trying to impress will be the making of him. 

or he may be shite, who knows, but he needs the chance to prove he's not. 

If we do end up signing Jack Hamilton this would help to get over McGinty joining 

7 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

If we do end up signing Jack Hamilton this would help to get over McGinty joining 

Next signings will make this topic much more enjoyable to read all going to plan 

1 hour ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Also too much negativity about MCGinty is distracting from the signings of Fjortoft and Mcallister.. 

Fjortoft looked class act at morton and is a huge lad.... And the Dumbarton fans call Mcallister the Dumbarton CAFU lol..... I think they will be great additions. 

Salkeld is our forgotten man by the looks of it. If he's a replacement for Zanatta then he's already a massive upgrade as he from what I've seen in games and what has been said on here, he leaves it all on the park with effort. 

Salkeld is our forgotten man by the looks of it. If he's a replacement for Zanatta then he's already a massive upgrade as he from what I've seen in games and what has been said on here, he leaves it all on the park with effort. 
Rather have some one with a lower skill level who gives everything for the cause than Zanatta who was an empty top and a waste of a wage.

16 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
53 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Rather have some one with a lower skill level who gives everything for the cause than Zanatta who was an empty top and a waste of a wage.

Some of my favourite players have been the ones who aren't necessarily ballers but just get in and about it. Absolutely loved Dean Keenan when he played for us, left nothing behind other than stud marks on the opposition. Geggan was another who just grafted from the first to the last whistle. 

24 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Some of my favourite players have been the ones who aren't necessarily ballers but just get in and about it. Absolutely loved Dean Keenan when he played for us, left nothing behind other than stud marks on the opposition. Geggan was another who just grafted from the first to the last whistle. 

Duncan George, Stevie Evans, Ross Scott.

Bit left field I know but how's about giving all our signings including a wee chance, same as Sludden, Spud Murphy, Templeton, Hurst ,Teale, Stevo, Moffat and Shankers got,remember their OUR boy's now, not Morton or Partick fuckin Thistle!!!

Btw Thistle fans "Doolan is god" he was on the wrong side of dross.