The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Great idea.

Best player for me in terms of effort and heart was Devlin. Not the most gifted of players in terms of ability but a proper captain in difficult circumstances.

Worst could be any number of players really, I remember the lean years from 04 to 09/10, but Kevin Kyle is up there for me in the Robert's era. Just summed up everything about that period, an out of shape panic signing that just didn't seem to be part of any sort of plan.

Best Andy Walker ,close second Johnny Graham

Worst Jack Ruddy 

33 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

To cheer everyone up - I’m giving away 2 x mounted “Somerset Road End” prints away to our Ayr P&B posters.

All you need to do is post your best and worst ever Ayr players you have seen in the flesh.

I’ll pick winners later tonight and get them posted tomorrow 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

57BFBD18-4D20-4271-BCCB-B743E57C9EB1.jpeg

Best: Horace for me, a gem.

Worst: Let's say Barry John Corr

To cheer everyone up - I’m giving away 2 x mounted “Somerset Road End” prints away to our Ayr P&B posters.
All you need to do is post your best and worst ever Ayr players you have seen in the flesh.
I’ll pick winners later tonight and get them posted tomorrow [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

57BFBD18-4D20-4271-BCCB-B743E57C9EB1.thumb.jpeg.9aab0b6dc970f3881d3c859761215023.jpeg
What a gesture mate. Best for me Glynn Hurst Worst Kevin Kyle

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Best  ----  John Sludden

Worst ---- Mohammed Benlaredg

I honestly can't remember his name, but he came on as a sub away at Livingston, then he got subbed a few mins later for being utter crap. He has got to be the worst player ever to put on an Ayr Utd strip.  Can anybody help me out with his name?

Edited by Sludden123
Edited to add the worst players name.

22 minutes ago, Sludden123 said:

Best  ----  John Sludden

Worst ---- I honestly can't remember his name, but he came on as a sub away at Livingston, then he got subbed a few mins later for being utter crap. He has got to be the worst player ever to put on an Ayr Utd strip.  Can anybody help me out with his name?

It was Benalaraj or something like that I think

Best - Lawrence Shankland

Worst - Austin McCann 

Best  - Henry Templeton, Shankland is probably the most complete player we have had but Templeton put a smile on my face every time he touched the ball

Worst - Tomas Gill, worse players played most games but he was an international on reportedly £3k a week and looked like someone playing backie at 5s 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

going to cheat a bit and nominate Chris Smith for both: for that header against St Mirren to set up a derby semi-final, and for being physically incapable of playing a football with any part of his body except his head.

Chris Smith had wee T-Rex arms. Pass it on.

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

Best - Teale, losing him big reason for drop off in league 01/02. Same points as 00/01 would have won the league the next years. 

Worst -   Grant Gillespie only 28 when he joined but looks so out of shape like he had never played at semi pro level never mind full time. How did he get a gig with Queen's Park? Plenty duds during the banter years with shanks and the 2 rabs but they did try to keep themselves in shape while doing a day job. 

Has to be Sir Lawrence : but Doyle , Dixie , Hurst ,Walker and McAlister all deserve a mention .

Worst , so many , but Bobby McCauley , who we paid £40k for from East Stirlingshire used to drive me mad back in the day . All 5ft 2in off him . also a centre forward called Brogan who we bought from St Johnstone and scored zero before going to Accies and getting a barrowload .... So Ayr United .....

Best - Ryan Stevenson in his first spell (honourable mention to Moffat & Shankland).

Worst - Kevin Kyle - absolutely done when he played for us. All he ever did was jump for headers fall on his arse and claim for a foul. Fucking useless!