The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

10/14 days? Thought we were meant to be getting a signing yesterday? Presume that’s fell through?

Nothing has falling through , holidays have interrupted the completion 

39 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Believe its W/C 14th June 

Cheers.  Still struggling to get my head round the fact Ayr start their season even before Kevin Nisbet wins the Euros.  

Edited by Hursty

I’m not sure I can wait 10 - 14 days for a signing - in desperate need of some positivity after the shit show of last season and our early signings. The buzz of Kilmarnock coming down is well and truly gone until I can see some kind of sign we won’t be getting pumped all season. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure I can wait 10 - 14 days for a signing - in desperate need of some positivity after the shit show of last season and our early signings. The buzz of Kilmarnock coming down is well and truly gone until I can see some kind of sign we won’t be getting pumped all season. 

Agree - Killie making some pretty solid signings for this league nice and early certainly isn't helping 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Who would fit the bill?

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Who would fit the bill?

I quite like the sound of McCallister to fair, who I had forgotten about. As a start I’m really just looking for a competent central midfielder, creative player and a striker actually capable of getting into double figures over a season. 

26 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

💯.

any more Morton jobbers and were doomed.

Kelly won’t be in the Rangers squad this year, he’ll be on loan at Thistle if we haven’t got there first.

there aren’t many frees from Scotland that would fit the bill as a forward so we may need to look further afield, we the. End up at the mercy of good contacts and scouting. 

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Kelly won’t be in the Rangers squad this year, he’ll be on loan at Thistle if we haven’t got there first.

there aren’t many frees from Scotland that would fit the bill as a forward so we may need to look further afield, we the. End up at the mercy of good contacts and scouting. 

That was actually one I was about to mention. County fans didn’t seem to like him, so don’t know if he will get another top league move. I thought he would have done well there too.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

That was actually one I was about to mention. County fans didn’t seem to like him, so don’t know if he will get another top league move. I thought he would have done well there too.

Murdoch and Kelly would be a decent pair with Cardle and one other, preferably a taller, disruptive type for the Inverness and Arbroath games

I renewed (I think) my season ticket today, the guide for renewing was pointless, I got no pop-up and ended up going through the first time buyers process.

I’d rather have had a free League cup game or something than a voucher for the shop. I’d rather pay the £10 towards a physical purchase and get a potential free stream of a dead rubber group game, it feels more beneficial to the club but may be comparable.

id rather have spent the money today knowing that I was buying in to a vision that would potentially lead to a promising season but it currently seems like a punt on the unknown. 

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Murdoch and Kelly would be a decent pair with Cardle and one other, preferably a taller, disruptive type for the Inverness and Arbroath games

Won't see Cardle, he's away to Kelty Hearts. Signed a couple of days ago.

28 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

Yes think they are building a squad that will not see them relegated.

Their signing good quality players with experience of this which ultimately if you want to be at the right end the table is the best way to go about things. 

However guys like Armstrong will not be premiership quality if they go straight back up.