The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Good luck to Jim. That's a role that will suit him. He's an excellent coach of defenders and has a wealth of knowledge. Nick McAllister will benefit a lot from continuing to work with him and I reckon he might even be able to coach Sean McGinty into being a passable Championship centre-half. 

Hopkin's recruitment and Duffy's recruitment as a combo will be incredible to watch. 

Hahahaha never going to happen 😂

Spoiler

I am hoping I eat my words here

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

It’s not just Jim Duffy it’s two coaches, we now have what we needed last year with Kerr. I really felt that had he got this help he might have still been in the job

John Joyce,

John Joyce has been assistant manager at Clyde and Annan. He had a highly successful development role at Dumbarton and has been Community coaching with Rangers. John is someone that we know really well and he has a fantastic knowledge of the lower leagues in Scotland. He has a background in the welfare of players and working with mental health and these days that kind of thing is crucial. He has been an assistant manager for many years and is a top coach. We are delighted to have them both on board."

Back room team is looking pretty sizeable now with Hopkin, Timmins, Duffy, Joyce and Stillie although if we’re planning on putting a proper infrastructure in place this is perhaps what’s needed.

Actually quite pleased about that tbf. Never thought I'd say that of bringing Duffy in. It's good to have a proper staff of coaches. We've been running thin on the ground there for too long!

Edited by Trogdor

Not against it just see Duffy more as a manager than a coach, but if this gives Hopkin the chance to do the arm round a shoulder thing and players run through a brick wall for him, whilst others do the hard work on the training field a bit like it was with McCall I'm all for it.

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Hahahaha never going to happen 😂

Reveal hidden contents

I am hoping I eat my words here

I saw what he did with Ryan McGeever and Morgyn Neill. The guy is a genius when it comes to working with defenders. If anybody can get McGinty working then it's Duffy.

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I saw what he did with Ryan McGeever and Morgyn Neill. The guy is a genius when it comes to working with defenders. If anybody can get McGinty working then it's Duffy.

He was a bloody good one himself back in the day, the fact he's now 62 makes me feel rather old sadly.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Was thinking the same. He turnt Lamie into a top 6 centre back from a League Two full back. He might, just might, turn McGinty into a footballer of some description. 

What are the chances of us signing Andy Ritchie for commentary? 

Gerry to replace Calum as head of AU Media and VT has just been in putting his name down for an Ayr season ticket.

Happy with the Duffy appointment great experience at all levels, could be a master stroke by Smith and spreads the net wider for players from lower leagues. Don’t know anything about the guy Joyce so time will tell how useful he will be , surely be helpful that he was a community coach with Gers so links to some youngsters.