The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I love it when football fans berate not getting some normality back to our lives and in the next breath are organising trips to London for the Euros without a ticket. 

I overheard this very conversation this morning and can't believe it isn't happening in workplaces up and down the country. 

I don't want this to descend into a covid debate but it's just so annoying that there'll highly likely be an increase in cases if people just flaunt the advice which will just spook the government into keeping things cautious. 

That’s the government’s problem then. They are trying far too hard to “look how much we care”. Case numbers are irrelevant when the high risk and elderly are vaccinated. 

Was in a cold sweat about Osmun Sow signing for us, had a look at the Dundee list of frees and he’s on it but moving overseas, he was an Osmun no from me.

the only name I recognise is Jack Hamilton so I doubt we’ll will be picking up anyone from them. 

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Was in a cold sweat about Osmun Sow signing for us, had a look at the Dundee list of frees and he’s on it but moving overseas, he was an Osmun no from me.

the only name I recognise is Jack Hamilton so I doubt we’ll will be picking up anyone from them. 

If we're going down the big Donkey route I'd far rather have an unknown big donkey which would at least give some false hope for a couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

The point is we need to have some contingency planning as opposed to the "it will all be ok" argument.

Yes, and part of that contingency planning involves addressing practical questions such as how do we handle promotion and relegation if the premier league and the championship are playing at different times of the year.  And I don’t think anyone Is working on  the basis that it will “all be ok”.  Sounds like the clubs aren’t expecting away fans at their grounds at the start of the season with streaming services still expected to be part of mix for matchday revenue.

I love it when football fans berate not getting some normality back to our lives and in the next breath are organising trips to London for the Euros without a ticket. 
I overheard this very conversation this morning and can't believe it isn't happening in workplaces up and down the country. 
I don't want this to descend into a covid debate but it's just so annoying that there'll highly likely be an increase in cases if people just flaunt the advice which will just spook the government into keeping things cautious. 

[emoji23]

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Give it a rest. Covid isn’t going anywhere ever it’s here to stay and the vulnerable have been vaccinated. Bore off and do some critical thinking

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

There is also no government advice on licking plug sockets 

Licking plug sockets is dangerous, travelling to London is not dangerous. If travelling to any part of England was still considered dangerous then the Scottish government wouldn't have lifted the ban on travelling there.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Licking plug sockets is dangerous, travelling to London is not dangerous. If travelling to any part of England was still considered dangerous then the Scottish government wouldn't have lifted the ban on travelling there.

I bet you are a cyclist, screaming at people in cycle lanes yet jump lights when they are at red.

you seem the type 

Edited by diegomarahenry

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Not sure what to make of this

Good experience and knowledge, good person to have about the place with good ideas, maybe good he’s not manager…..

Probably had enough of being a manager and it’ll be an easy gig, good contacts and can maybe focus on other parts of what we need like looking at opposition or scouting. 
A good appointment in my opinion 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Good experience and knowledge, good person to have about the place with good ideas, maybe good he’s not manager…..

Probably had enough of being a manager and it’ll be an easy gig, good contacts and can maybe focus on other parts of what we need like looking at opposition or scouting. 
A good appointment in my opinion 

Well, there's the old head we were crying out for last season !!

As a coach it’s a very solid appointment for this level. All his expertise without the ringers he’d usually sign. 

Somewhat cancelled out by Hopkin being the frontman though. 

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Well, there's the old head we were crying out for last season !!

I honestly believe that Sandy Stewart should have got the job over Kerr but Hey-ho! Onwards and upwards for the super, 'Hop-duff' collaboration will see Ayr mid table at least 🤞

15 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Not sure what to make of this

Good luck to Jim. That's a role that will suit him. He's an excellent coach of defenders and has a wealth of knowledge. Nick McAllister will benefit a lot from continuing to work with him and I reckon he might even be able to coach Sean McGinty into being a passable Championship centre-half. 

Hopkin's recruitment and Duffy's recruitment as a combo will be incredible to watch.