The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

40 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

How many centre Half’s we got now

take it the manager plans to play a back

Hope we play players in their best positions and best the best from each player and team

needing goalkeeper and new attacking players with Walsh and McGowan likely to be away

His name is McCowan ffs. He’s been in the 1st time for about 3 years. How can folk still be getting his name wrong. 

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Some people really dont get sarcasm 🙄 of course I wasn’t saying Hopkin, Smith etc should  be reading P&B for the mood music. Fuckin unbelievable stuff that you took it so literally 

My apologies I thought you were being serious 

11 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Looking a bit like this so far, Chalmers, Moff, McKenzie, Baird, and Houston on the bench?
LINEUP111622146491915.png.745d0bbc7cae9370d743037f4ff068ac.png

Quite a demise for Baird if McGinty starts getting selected in front of him. Still think he might be move on  in a similar  way that Zanatta did  

21 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Think this is an important stat on our signings 

we lost the same number of goals in the 1 game 

Markus and Sean played 21 matches together for the Ton last season, losing just five and helping the side to 8 clean sheets.

I suspect Aidan McAdams was also part of that. I’d be very happy to get him in. 

Quite a demise for Baird if McGinty starts getting selected in front of him. Still think he might be move on  in a similar  way that Zanatta did  
McGinty get in IMO because he's left footed gives more ballance and for me Muirhead is a far better player than Baird.

Whatever we fans think of Hopkin or the signings at this point, you can hear in all of the Morton 3 interviews how pleased they are to reconnect with him. I doubt very much it's because they know they can piss about as they please.

11 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Whatever we fans think of Hopkin or the signings at this point, you can hear in all of the Morton 3 interviews how pleased they are to reconnect with him. I doubt very much it's because they know they can piss about as they please.

He resigned because he refused to cut the squad. It's no surprise they have respect for him. 

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

I think a lot of folk forget that point, Hopkin was not sacked at Morton for bad results he walked away because the club was a basket case and he was trying to save them money.

Jumped before he was pushed more like. 

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

I think a lot of folk forget that point, Hopkin was not sacked at Morton for bad results he walked away because the club was a basket case and he was trying to save them money.

He walked because he had made an arse of the recruitment, had signed an imbalanced squad of 22 with only one keeper, asked for another 4 players and was told to get fucked until he sorted some of it.

15 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

He walked because he had made an arse of the recruitment, had signed an imbalanced squad of 22 with only one keeper, asked for another 4 players and was told to get fucked until he sorted some of it.

Do you mind?  A number of Ayr fans are still in denial here.

Do you mind?  A number of Ayr fans are still in denial here.

I think most know why he left and the mess that he left Morton in. It was fairly clear when he joined us that Morton was a huge black mark on his CV but it’s only fair that he is given time with us before he can be judged. So far he’s met his target in keeping us up. I’ve no idea what Smith expects of him next season but I’d imagine he and most of the fans will take being 5th or 6th whilst looking like they could push for playoffs.

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think most know why he left and the mess that he left Morton in. It was fairly clear when he joined us that Morton was a huge black mark on his CV but it’s only fair that he is given time with us before he can be judged. So far he’s met his target in keeping us up. I’ve no idea what Smith expects of him next season but I’d imagine he and most of the fans will take being 5th or 6th whilst looking like they could push for playoffs.

Peter Grant got the Dunfermline job, so there’s always someone worse off, probably.

Hopkin’s strategy with The Ton seemed to be to sign a load of cheap available players and hope a percentage of them turn out to be okay. So now you would think Ayr would get the benefit of his hindsight and can cherry pick the ones that worked. Strangely though he seems to be re-signing some of his failed experiments.