The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

How did I back track , I said practically and stuck to that , unsubstantiated? Look at last pre season and previous and majority have been dismissed before kicking a ball , currently this close season 50% of  new signings and more than that of retained players are being criticised , that’s my opinion you can have yours as it’s obvious we agree to disagree, , hope most are proved wrong , if they don’t perform for us they will then deserve any criticism they get 

50% = practically every player? 😂

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

50% = practically every player? 😂

look over the last 2 pre seasons  and January windows not just this week , leave you to it 

Edited by Finlay21

16 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

look over the last 2 pre seasons  and January windows not just this week , leave you to it 

This just isn’t true - barring Zanatta people were very happy with the business done last summer. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This just isn’t true - barring Zanatta people were very happy with the business done last summer. 

I was even happy with Zanatta. A player I really rated at Raith and Alloa 

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He won’t. He’s just wildly incompetent. Here he is attempting to deal with a straightforward long ball. 

image.gif.3e3fa8feb54ae870d7fec5cc9007fa47.gif

That was the first time I'd ever seen him, so you can imagine the reaction when we eventually signed him.

To be fair to him, that clip will have conditioned every other teams' supporters' expectations of him... but he isn't this bad in reality. He's been better for Morton this season than anybody expected, much better in a back three than a central two, sometimes even looking like the player a dozen managers have thought they were signing. Then his brain shuts down...

To be fair to every Thistle player on the field that day, McGinty's performance pales into insignificance compared to the clown of a manager who sent them out... It's rare (it really is) to stand in the Cowshed laughing at a team so badly set up that Bob McHugh finished the game looking like the real Ronaldo.

Edited to add: for context, that was also the first time I'd seen Christie Elliot... and I thought I'd maybe never seen a worse player at this level. X-rated stuff. He's clearly turned out to be better than that would suggest... so maybe there's hope for McGinty yet.

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Think that’s fair.  There was concern about Miller given he was signed as a midfielder when it seemed like he’d evolved into a League 1 standard full back, with Raith fans puzzled as to why we’d signed him.  Zanatta looked a gamble and so it proved.  

Otherwise, there was a bit of concern when Bell went as we knew Muirhead can be a bit brainless at times and Morton fans told us Baird was decent but desperately needed “an auld heid” to keep him right.  Given the suspicion that Roscoe wasn’t good enough, we feared we lacked leadership and experience and, well., so it proved.  But on the whole,  we seemed to sign some exciting attacking talent to add to McCowan and Moffat - turned out the balance was a mess.

For the sane Ayr fans , don’t try and reason with some of the buffoons on here , both Ayr and Morton . These are the guys who were horrified when we signed Shankland or told us he was a dud when he was at Morton .They have no idea about our budget and what we are trying to do with it . The Ayr buffoons definitely have an agenda with Hopkins . I think they realise that the days of us trying to play like Spain in a Scottish winter with players on £500 a week are over . The Greenock trolls are gutted their poster boy chucked it because he realised what a basket case that club is  .

Our club on the other hand is moving forward on all fronts , we recruited our defence now , plenty of options , several who can play in each position . It’s looks like a three man central defence with wing backs . Again all slots covered . 

Need a keeper , two forwards and maybe a central midfielder . These acquisitions may be a good bit more expensive  than the ones we have already made . That’s were budget management comes in .

We should have went down last season , post Cammy Smith we were dead in the water , our super talented group chucked it . We simply can not entertain such types ever again . Hopkins will not allow that to happen . So onward and upward ,here’s looking forward to a stabilising league campaign and some fun in both cups . Bring it on .

2 minutes ago, Killiefaewell said:

Looking forward to verbally getting in about you lot Ryan.

Oh you have no idea how much we are looking forward swarming into your little carpet manufacturing spot on the damp old moor .

2 minutes ago, Killiefaewell said:
20 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:
When is gtf day? Looking forward getting rid of the non existent hearts (not many post on here) fans and getting the killie

Let the word-fencing begin!

6 minutes ago, Killiefaewell said:
When is gtf day? Looking forward getting rid of the non existent hearts (not many post on here) fans and getting the killie

Yep , good banter and harsher words expected , just keep Sawers away 

Edited by Finlay21

10 minutes ago, Killiefaewell said:

IMG_20210527_185649.jpg

Edited by Roxanne's man

14 minutes ago, North British said:

For the sane Ayr fans , don’t try and reason with some of the buffoons on here , both Ayr and Morton . These are the guys who were horrified when we signed Shankland or told us he was a dud when he was at Morton .They have no idea about our budget and what we are trying to do with it . The Ayr buffoons definitely have an agenda with Hopkins . I think they realise that the days of us trying to play like Spain in a Scottish winter with players on £500 a week are over . The Greenock trolls are gutted their poster boy chucked it because he realised what a basket case that club is  .

Our club on the other hand is moving forward on all fronts , we recruited our defence now , plenty of options , several who can play in each position . It’s looks like a three man central defence with wing backs . Again all slots covered . 

Need a keeper , two forwards and maybe a central midfielder . These acquisitions may be a good bit more expensive  than the ones we have already made . That’s were budget management comes in .

We should have went down last season , post Cammy Smith we were dead in the water , our super talented group chucked it . We simply can not entertain such types ever again . Hopkins will not allow that to happen . So onward and upward ,here’s looking forward to a stabilising league campaign and some fun in both cups . Bring it on .

choofed.gif.36238632e894d58261d9a93423e6436f.gif

Because nothing says no relegation battle quite like signing Sean fucking McGinty.

You'll be actively loathing your undroppable centre-back and manager by November. That's a categorical assurance.

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

People can give opinions, just saying some of our fans seem more negative than most on majority of signings and don’t comment when we sign a decent player  , can say what they want that is what forums are about. , 

Fans of every club say this. It's rarely true and in general fans are only negative about signings when they have a reason to be, which everyone criticising the signing of Sean McGinty does.

Honestly I don't care what anyone says about who we are signing or signed what we all really need to do is get behind every single 1 of the players we sign I've sent it loads of times over the years players who have been shit at some clubs then go on and do brilliant else where with the right support these players might just do the job for us so yeah everyone is entitled to there opinion but just remember if we want them to succeed they need our 100% support from the start.