The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The funny thing is that all 3 of the Morton lads have made a point in saying how eager they were to get back playing under him. Granted Morton were piss poor last season but what they really lacked was a half decent striker to get them goals. I think it was quite clear there were a few guys that weren’t interested in playing for Hopkin last season so I want to see what happens when he has guys that buy into his way of playing.

If the same guy keeps signing you, why would you disrupt the gravy train? 
So far I'm:
Salkeld: On board but meh 
Fjortoft: On Board
McAllister: On board
McGinty: FFS

There was f**k all between the teams in the league last season - It’s at the other end of the park ourselves and Morton were rank rotten - not defensively.

Dundee were shite and all season their fans were calling for the manager to get sacked and they are now playing in the top flight.

Grow a set, f**k what Morton fans say, and get behind McGinty FFS - he’s one of us now.

Some of the shit on here is embarrassing.

Who would want to come and play for us after a glint of what some of our support is like.

If he turns out a dud, either he’ll get punted or hoppy will, but give them a fucking chance - it’s still May FFS!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

As the song goes two out of three ain’t bad, Ayr  will be Mcgintys14 club in 11seasons must have some patter the boy to get that many moves .

Hopkin did specifically mention he was good in the dressing room.  Maybe signed to take Roscoe's spot on the bench and arrange the team nights out 

Can’t say I know much about any of the signings, though I very much doubt both the Partick and Morton fans can both be wrong about McGinty.   Bigger concern is what this says about Hopkin in that his only real strategy is to sign the same players he had at Morton and that nearly got them relegated.  McCall had his faults, but he could spot a player and really raised the bar quality wise.  Feels like we’re falling back into grim mediocrity.

10 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Can’t say I know much about any of the signings, though I very much doubt both the Partick and Morton fans can both be wrong about McGinty.   Bigger concern is what this says about Hopkin in that his only real strategy is to sign the same players he had at Morton and that nearly got them relegated.  McCall had his faults, but he could spot a player and really raised the bar quality wise.  Feels like we’re falling back into grim mediocrity.

Is he worse than Roscoe? Or baird? Probably not probably on an even keel with them. Hopefully the partnership is fjortoff and muirhead and baird and mcginty on the bench. That is not bad depth. The Mcallister guy sounds promising and salkeld is a utility player that brings a lot of passion something we were severely lacking last year.

im not unhappy with the signing and will give them time and see what they can do for us before judging

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Cant believe how many fans we have who continually slate  practically every signing we have made over the years , even before they have kicked a ball , 

I think people are allowed to voice their concerns whilst at the same time still hoping to be proven wrong. 

Nobody knows for definite whether they'll be successful or not but we're allowed to voice our doubts when they come from a team who, if the league table was to be believed, were actually worse than us. Let that sink in when you actually consider how bad we were. 

Its a fans right. The signings so far cannot be seen to be absolute scoops that leave the rest of the league wondering why they couldn't have signed them first. 

Its underwhelming so far and folk say it as it is. It's allowed. 

Whilst all the while hoping that they somehow gel and take the league by storm.