The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Piss off Hopkin

I get that manager's will go for players that have been over the course in the past but to sign 3 of last seasons Morton team and for not one of them to be McAdams, Strapp or Jacobs worries me greatly. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Interesting to see who Morton are going to get in as replacements. 

The 2 best defenders we had were Ledger and McLean. Hope we keep Ledger who prefers the CB role, but McLean is getting on a bit so don't know if he has another season in him

Just now, RiG said:

Strengthening the defence by signing McGinty?! :lol: 

To be fair, the two of them started in a defence at the end of the season which only conceded 3 in 5, with one of those being deep into extra time against Motherwell (McGinty at left back). And our defensive record was one of the best in the league. McGinty does so many awful things, though, and Fjortoft has absolute nightmares on occasion as well. Hoppy will fancy turning them into consistently good defenders, they both actually have ability. But it's a really big risk - it could go disastrously wrong given how bad particularly McGinty can be (and there are still question marks over Fjortoft). 

I'm delighted McGinty will never play for us again, especially after what he did at Arbroath. 

I get that manager's will go for players that have been over the course in the past but to sign 3 of last seasons Morton team and for not one of them to be McAdams, Strapp or Jacobs worries me greatly. 

We were never getting Strapp. He’s under contract.

There’s plenty time yet for McAdams to sign.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

2 out of 3 are good signings as I believe McAllister will be a good find. McGinty will be up against it with our fans until he does something to change our minds.

He won’t. He’s just wildly incompetent. Here he is attempting to deal with a straightforward long ball. 

image.gif.3e3fa8feb54ae870d7fec5cc9007fa47.gif

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

A reported HOW MUCH????   Jesus.

I'm actually content enough with that as a triple.  For all the stick I give him I don't expect McGinty will be that much of a difference to Roscoe, and Fjortoft looked generally decent enough although not seen a whole lot of him.  I do really like the look / descriptions of the boy McAllister though.

Screenshot_20210527-141550_Chrome.jpg