The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

He’s a sanctimonious p***k who’s clearly enjoying his year of fame. Got to agree with you about never seeing his face (or whiny voice) again! 

What people seem to miss is that Leitch is merely doing his job. His job is public health NOT the economy or hospitality or tourism or sport, so basically it's the guys remit to ensure that we're being as safe as possible under his watch as it were.

I'm not saying I agree with him, far from it, but I do completely understand and appreciate his position.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

What people seem to miss is that Leitch is merely doing his job. His job is public health NOT the economy or hospitality or tourism or sport, so basically it's the guys remit to ensure that we're being as safe as possible under his watch as it were.

I'm not saying I agree with him, far from it, but I do completely understand and appreciate his position.

It's over saturation though. Surely he can delegate some of the media appearances to his deputy or the CMO or their deputy? Its maybe just timing but anytime I watch one of the briefings or the ads come up it's him. Is he not the co-host on Off the Ball now? I've stopped listening to that as well. The sooner he's back in his box the better.

COVID19 thread for this pish but in all seriousness come the middle of July there should be no restrictions on the amount of fans at Somerset Park or any other stadium for that matter. We have several vaccines which have proven to be effective against all the different variants. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

COVID19 thread for this pish 

Hey, that's my line!

I actually get my first vacinne next Monday.

With them accelerating second doses the vast majority of supporters should be fully vacinnated by August. We really should be back to some semblance of normality for the start of the league campaign. 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's over saturation though. Surely he can delegate some of the media appearances to his deputy or the CMO or their deputy? Its maybe just timing but anytime I watch one of the briefings or the ads come up it's him. Is he not the co-host on Off the Ball now? I've stopped listening to that as well. The sooner he's back in his box the better.

Yes, at the beginning he seemed to be well liked and even had a bit of a "cult following", however that's quickly evaporated as time has gone on, especially when much of what he says in unpalatable and the fact he comes across as pretty smarmy and condescending certainly hasn't helped.

The usual out of touch advisers and PR gurus probably think he's still very popular so wheel him out at every opportunity unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Hey, that's my line!

I actually get my first vacinne next Monday.

With them accelerating second doses the vast majority of supporters should be fully vacinnated by August. We really should be back to some semblance of normality for the start of the league campaign. 

I've beat you by 3 days I'm on Thursday so should be just perfect timing for feeling hellish over the weekend.

Unless I'm missing some obvious factors, surely there is less risk come August of standing in the open in a ground 20-25% full than there is right now by spending a Saturday wandering around inside somewhere like Silverburn?

Plus, if people are generally getting back to work, how would the stresses on public transport be any different to weekday rush hours?

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Thankfully we won't have to deal with another battering off yous next season lol. All the best in the derbies, keep that winning streak alive!

Cheers brother. Dundee 🤝 Ayr United 

22 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

COVID19 thread for this pish but in all seriousness come the middle of July there should be no restrictions on the amount of fans at Somerset Park or any other stadium for that matter. We have several vaccines which have proven to be effective against all the different variants. 

Speculation this morning that Wembley will be at full capacity for some of the euro games. Bodes well for some small test events during the betfred cup if we can behave oorsels!

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is Tommy Wright suited to building and managing a team that will be expected to go and win every week? 

It'll be interesting to watch as a neutral how he gets on. He made some good signings with us, but also some stinkers including high earning dross on long deals.

Every "rebuild" he went through with us had the backdrop of us always having 5/6 steady heads who'd been at the club for years aswell, plus a batch of youngsters through the ranks who were capable of starring.

Big test for his recruitment skills.

If they have given permission for 3000 to congregate outside from 11 June to 11 July in Glasgow Green for the Euro fanzone then surely there is no reason for us to have any less than 1500 allowed into Somerset , Scottish teams  are working to SPFL guidelines ( which are not 100% same as government guidelines) there are numerous stupid things that footballers and staff need to adhere to that general public don’t need to follow 

Listen mate, we’re all in a good mood after last night. Don’t try to bring us down. 

I’ll be in an even better mood when everyone’s favourite Irish cart horse centre half headers in a last minute winner at Rugby Park.