The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Trogdor said:

The Championship is like the Hotel California for relegated Prem teams. You ain't going nowhere.

On the contrary, more and more of them seem to enjoy stopping for a piece and a Thermos on route to League One. Do not pass Go, do not collect £200 etc.

Wright will walk this week and they'll have four players on the books. Huge potential for another lolocaust next season, not least due to their quadruple scheduled derby pumpings.

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

On the contrary, more and more of them seem to enjoy stopping for a piece and a Thermos on route to League One. Do not pass Go, do not collect £200 etc.

Oops, I meant to quote the DKB.

I forgot about Lolkirk a very good point, well made. A gif for your analogy...

Music Video Jail GIF by Polyvinyl Records

Well hands up my prediction was way wrong but have to say I’m delighted 4derbies will enhance the season tickets no doubt, just hope the extra money Hopkin will get he gets it right, oh for next season and crowds surely well not be deprived of this massive money winner. Sounds like they will be having a massive sale so no guarantees they won’t be here for a while, on paper big favourites but we had big players on paper and we know how that turned out.

1 minute ago, Lochwood said:

on paper big favourites

on the specific paper which is their team roster there are now exactly four lines. And they obviously didn't budget on turning the dial to Maximum Staunch and going down anyway.

15 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

The way things are going the Scottish Government and their ambivalence towards football will severely limit numbers next season so it’ll be live streaming for most for the derbies I suspect.

It's more to do with the Scottish public and their ambivalence towards not spreading a deadly disease now that they're fed up with lockdown.

45 minutes ago, Iain said:

It's more to do with the Scottish public and their ambivalence towards not spreading a deadly disease now that they're fed up with lockdown.

I’m not so sure about that. England have significant numbers back but we’ve still got very limited numbers. If you think 10,000 fans will be allowed in Somerset by August you’re deluded 

1 minute ago, Iain said:

Numbers just going up by themselves, no doubt.

Numbers are always going to go up as restrictions are released, it isn’t a difficult concept. Given incredibly low hospital numbers and an entirely vaccinated country, it also bears no relevance to crowds at football games next season. If there aren’t crowds come August with everyone vaccinated then at what point exactly will there ever be crowds!

Wright sounded like he was staying and determined to get the rebuild he wants in his postmatch interview. He essentially threw the entire first team under the bus.

That worries me slightly. Both clubs have a lot of business to do and new managers who'll need put their stamp on things.

Fingers crossed we've got the right man but i still reckon Wright will succeed there if he's backed.

I'd much prefer to see him snapped up by one of the premier league teams.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Wright sounded like he was staying and determined to get the rebuild he wants in his postmatch interview. He essentially threw the entire first team under the bus.

That worries me slightly. Both clubs have a lot of business to do and new managers who'll need put their stamp on things.

Fingers crossed we've got the right man but i still reckon Wright will succeed there if he's backed.

Dundee United maybe?

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Entirely agree - at the beginning of his BBC interview he did say it wasn’t the time to discuss his future. That was the only outlier to the rest of his comments. 

10 hours ago, Trogdor said:

The Championship is like the Hotel California for relegated Prem teams. You ain't going nowhere.

Rangers, Dundee United and Hibs all failed to bounce straight back up. The Calley are still here. Enjoy your stay.

In our dee-fence in the last 3 seasons we've had County, United, Hearts and Dundee throwing silly money at their squad.