The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I see the Sun (I know) reporting that Rangers Colts / B team or whatever they are called are looking to use Somerset for their home games next season in the Lowland League as they don't want to ruin the pitch at Ibrox by playing on it every week....
That's a no for me don't care how much money it brings in

13 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I see the Sun (I know) reporting that Rangers Colts / B team or whatever they are called are looking to use Somerset for their home games next season in the Lowland League as they don't want to ruin the pitch at Ibrox by playing on it every week....

Surely they can use Murray Park or whatever it’s called. 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

If the pay to get the pitch re-laid and bring their own staff for upkeep by all means

Nope. I wouldn't even accept that. Besides, it would take some amount of work to maintain a pitch which would have at least 38 games played on it.

They can play in their own catchment area, not 30 odd miles away.

2 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Nope. I wouldn't even accept that. Besides, it would take some amount of work to maintain a pitch which would have at least 38 games played on it.

They can play in their own catchment area, not 30 odd miles away.

🎣

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If the pay to get the pitch re-laid and bring their own staff for upkeep by all means

Lots of work being carried out on pitch this close season , wonder if this is reason why , if they are paying decent money to rent it and involved with the upkeep , the rental could pay a players salary along will options of getting best loan players 

Edited by Finlay21

Hopefully not the case.

We made our own reserves play at Cumnock to protect the pitch and then we’d be turning around and let another team use it for a bit of cash. Real community club.  

South Ayrshire and Ayrshire in general is already rife with Old Firm fans without the club reducing its own potential fan base further by letting those that can’t afford a ticket at Ibrox to take themselves and their kids to Somerset so they actually can pretend to be real supporters for once.

Also based on recent and past behaviour an element of their support should be let nowhere near our stadium, new hub or Ayr in general.

15 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Not a penny into the club if this happens.  

This, nothing to do with the fact it is Rangers. Moreso the fact we are entertaining B teams. Get this in the bin asap.

Forget the Rangers connection, I wouldn't care if it was Barcelona but the only consideration has to be the state of the pitch and considering it couldn't handle just our own games last season, then by no means should we be "sharing it" with ANYONE else.