The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty sure he was given a job on the railways as part of the agreement for him joining Dumbarton.

Dumbarton had Dom Thomas for a while which to an extent kickstarted his career as well. 

Was thinking we could do a lot worse, especially if McCowan leaves but Forbes is now 32 which probably means we should look elsewhere and that I've wasted 5 minutes on this message that I'm not getting back. 

Edited by BukyOHare

Robinson has been one of their best players since they were promoted and was sidelined by Martindale after signing a PCA elsewhere (rumoured to be Motherwell given how many other Livi players they've signed). He won't be ending up in the Championship.

Anthony O'Connor was captain at Bradford under Hopkin and last week it was announced he'll leave at the end of his contract. Was previously at Aberdeen but more than likely out of our price range.

Probably turn out we're waiting on Morton's season ending before announcing Sean McGinty and Brian McLean.

According to Ayrshire Post we are closing in on two defenders. Likely to be announced next week. 

If we had to guess, who would they be?

Still think Lithgow is a reasonable shout given his history with Hopkin but besides that I have no other shouts.

24 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Probably turn out we're waiting on Morton's season ending before announcing Sean McGinty and Brian McLean.

I understand that David Hopkin may want a few players he has worked with before and rates highly, though I personally don't think that the players mentioned would be good enough for Ayr within the Championship. 

There is obviously a major challenge incoming next season, where as supporters, we should back the team fully, hoping we can better the 8th place position we had this year. 

Playing Inverness, Hamilton, Dunfermline and possibly K*lmarnock or Dundee next season. I have the fear that signing players such as McGinty would see Ayr in the lower half of the league. Ayr can do better Imo. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Still think Lithgow is a reasonable shout given his history with Hopkin but besides that I have no other shouts.

Would be happy enough with Lithgow.  Really liked him when he was with us previously although if you told me he was going to end up playing in the premiership I’d probably of laughed at you. 

Got the fear Sean McGinty could be one of them. Hopefully Hopkin has more sense. 

23 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Wee update on Nicky Devlin for you lads. We're having our POTY awards tonight and he's won 3/3 POTY awards so far :D He's had a belter of a season after a shite injury ridden season before

He ended up with all 4! Player's player of the year, Coaches' player of the year, Directors player of the year and Fans player of the year. Some haul for him.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Robinson has been one of their best players since they were promoted and was sidelined by Martindale after signing a PCA elsewhere (rumoured to be Motherwell given how many other Livi players they've signed). He won't be ending up in the Championship.

Robinson has been nowhere near one of our best players since we were promoted. He was a fringe player who came in to play against the OF, he had a good run of goals during our winning run but that's the only time he's ever shown anything like that in 4 or so years. He was sidelined as he got subbed off against Rangers, took the huff and stormed out the stadium and went home, then we removed the deal from the table (apparently) due to his disciplinary issues. I imagine he'll stay in the Championship but maybe Hamilton or someone like that isn't out the question.

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I reckon Lithgow would do well back at this level again, solid and simple. Basically what you want in a Championship defender

Edited by ATLIS

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He ended up with all 4! Player's player of the year, Coaches' player of the year, Directors player of the year and Fans player of the year. Some haul for him.

Robinson has been nowhere near one of our best players since we were promoted. He was a fringe player who came in to play against the OF, he had a good run of goals during our winning run but that's the only time he's ever shown anything like that in 4 or so years. He was sidelined as he got subbed off against Rangers, took the huff and stormed out the stadium and went home, then we removed the deal from the table (apparently) due to his disciplinary issues. I imagine he'll stay in the Championship but maybe Hamilton or someone like that isn't out the question.

I reckon Lithgow would do well back at this level again, solid and simple. Basically what you want in a Championship defender

Would be happy enough if we signed Lithgow.

On a different note I see Bruce Anderson has signed a 3 year deal with Livi, terrible with us (down to our style but also his attitude) but looked a completely different player at Hamilton. 

Just now, ecocme said:

Would be happy enough if we signed Lithgow.

On a different note I see Bruce Anderson has signed a 3 year deal with Livi, terrible with us (down to our style but also his attitude) but looked a completely different player at Hamilton. 

Yeah, swap deal for JET basically. Seems as though he's a natural goalscorer and a decent finisher so think we're onto something if we can get him the service

1 hour ago, ecocme said:

Luke McCowan player of the year and Mark McKenzie young player of the year 

Fair play to Mark McKenzie but not sure how he managed to win the award over Corrie Ndaba or Viljami Sinisalo

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Fair play to Mark McKenzie but not sure how he managed to win the award over Corrie Ndaba or Viljami Sinisalo

Yep delighted for him, although I voted for Aero and Sinisalo personally