The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

As I said with us having five of last seasons imposters in the starting 11. All 6 of our new signings simply have to work out or were in big trouble. 
3 big players down the spine can transform any team. Even ours.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Really find that hard to believe tbh.

ICT got him this time last year , so why sweat .  Would be class if we got him though . He will have offers though . All about the money I’m guessing .

14 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Could actually do with a biggish name signing early on to galzanise the fans, but that didn't really work out last season so...

Aye, I know a lot of people myself included are on the fence about renewing their season ticket. A couple of decent signings could convince people. 

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, I know a lot of people myself included are on the fence about renewing their season ticket. A couple of decent signings could convince people. 

On the fence ? Man up mate , what you gonna do ? Asda , B &Q ? Really ....?

As much as we DO need a striker, we also need to be playing a brand of football that creates plenty of opportunities, otherwise we could have Lewandowski up top and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

We need to get the ball forward much quicker, we need to get the ball into the box much more, we need to get players into the box and we need to be hitting far more strikes at goal.

I just hope Hopkin recognises this as well and if he does then next season can only be an improvement on the dross served up for most of this season.

1 hour ago, Honestmen said:

anybody else heard Todorov for us?

Did follow the club on twitter a couple of months ago but wasn't long after Todd had signed and they'd played together at QoS so didn't think much of it.

This isn’t a rumour or anything but I’d hope we offer Daniel Armstrong something. He’s from Ayr so a move closer to home May suit him more. 

Aye I really rate him. Sure we were close a couple years ago but he went to Ross County instead.

On Todorov, I don’t particularly rate him but he had a good spell last season where he scored a few and took him up the scoring ranks in the league. He’s exactly the type of striker I imagined Hopkin would go for but I thought he was off elsewhere.