The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, North British said:

I would imagine Hopkins has three or four earmarked the moment he took over . Of course these individuals may receive better offers as more teams move into the market. Having said that I’m sure hands will have been shaken on one or two deals . I hope we learn more next week .

Is that allowed now?

2 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

My vote for poty Muirhead with Sinsalo yooty 

Voting currently very close for both awards , in YPOTY I believe there are only a couple of votes between 1st and 3rd 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

I went for Ndaba POTY and Sinisalo YPOTY.

That would be a sad situation come the presentation, the players apologise they couldn’t be here but here’s a video they each made earlier....cue them each in Ipswich and Villa gear...thanks boys, onwards and upwards!

Edited by bazka6

5 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

That would be a sad situation come the presentation, the players apologise they couldn’t be here but here’s a video they each made earlier....cue them each in Ipswich and Villa gear...thanks boys, onwards and upwards!

True, but I really liked Ndaba!

3 hours ago, Andre Drazen said:

People really need to be less surprised if Hopkin recruits utter shite btw.

I’m pretty worried about it. He’s said he wants 6 new players which already has alarm bells ringing as it means we’re going to have 5 of the imposters from last season starting. We simply need to get every signing we make spot on. 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m pretty worried about it. He’s said he wants 6 new players which already has alarm bells ringing as it means we’re going to have 5 of the imposters from last season starting. We simply need to get every signing we make spot on. 

Calm down. Not every signing will work out, its always the way. Some will do much better than expected and some will fall short let’s hope that it’s the former for us 

42 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Calm down. Not every signing will work out, its always the way. Some will do much better than expected and some will fall short let’s hope that it’s the former for us 

As I said with us having five of last seasons imposters in the starting 11. All 6 of our new signings simply have to work out or were in big trouble. 

35 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

As I said with us having five of last seasons imposters in the starting 11. All 6 of our new signings simply have to work out or were in big trouble. 

Possibly not  managed properly and played out of position in a large number of games last season, with the right coaching they have certainly proved in the past they are decent players , hopefully Hopkin can get the best out of them , the extra 5/6 players could be the difference 

38 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Muirhead, Moffat, McCowan, Murdoch, Houston and Reading have all previously shown that they are good enough, or have shown glimpses that they could be. Not that you’re wrong that the six signings need to be good and work though. 

The season we won the league, Reid was the only player we had that I had doubts over and even then they were only slight. Most of McCalls signings were above average performers. 
Be interesting to see if Hopkin gets the freedom to hand out 2 year deals.

Be nice is the club wished Erin Cuthbert from Irvine well, she’s in line to play in the women’s Champions League final tomorrow. She has no affiliation with Ayr as far as I know but it is still a major achievement for a local. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I heard he was Dundee bound. Have you heard different? That would be a terrific piece of business. 

Yes, a couple of days ago but lack of others mentioning him has me doubting it

Just now, Honestmen said:

Yes, a couple of days ago but lack of others mentioning him has me doubting it

I see he did have a loan spell at Livingston in 2017-2018 when Hopkin was manager there.