The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Do we really have many goal of the season contenders?

McKenzie vs Dundee and McCowan vs Alloa are the only two I can think of. Todd probably as well just because of what it meant and it was well taken in fairness.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

You're right of course but, if they had a vote as well, my next door neighbours would have voted for Mark as well after the 'F*CKING YES' they heard that night 😄

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McKenzie vs Dundee and McCowan vs Alloa are the only two I can think of. Todd probably as well just because of what it meant and it was well taken in fairness.

Zannatta and Walsh, think they might even have been in the same game. See my profile gif

Both those goals were excellent, even if it was v Albion Rovers.  Zanattas sole contribution of the season.  Slow Joe's v Elgin wasn't bad either. Struggling to think of any more. But McKenzie's must be the winner. The way he made space for the shot, then the perfect finish. 

Did McCowan not score a decent goal at Tynecastle, too?

Aye I think he did in fairness.

Looking back I thought Chalmers goal vs Elgin was class at the time so I’d probably vote for it. I forgot we scored a couple of belters against Albion Rovers.

I was able to use work address eventually and voted for myself and my old man on Muirhead and Sinisalo.  

I'm assuming McCowan is away so I'm hoping McKenzie might step up this season and keep our recent record of always having a 'home grown' player as a regular starter in the team - it must be quite a while since we haven't had one. 

20 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Looking at the league next season, we could lose Dundee but gain Kilmarnock, we have lost Alloa and gained Partick. Hearts have been more than likely replaced by Hamilton.

if we lose Morton we will have Airdrie inflicted upon us. 

Next season could be the most central belt it has been for a while. Inverness and Arbroath aside, all games would be within 90 minute drive.

with the potential of 4 new teams, it gives the league a bit of a refresh. Traditionally, teams coming down in pairs means one is caught in a spiral for a few seasons like the Dundee clubs, Hibs, Rangers...it could be a very interesting league for neutrals 

Hope I’m wrong but I don’t see Killie getting relegated even if they end up in the play off. Unless a Hamilton player takes out Kyle Lafferty....

17 hours ago, pandarilla said:
19 hours ago, Thumper said:
Ldx1dfW.gif.f4004e48f8092f8623c12afaf667114d.gif
Ayr to Dundee in 90 minutes

My record is 100 mins...

Average speed between Dunblane and Perth has killed that sort of chat to be fair. Don't know why anyone isn't take the train and have a few in Dundee, great city for a few pints. 

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

I was able to use work address eventually and voted for myself and my old man on Muirhead and Sinisalo.  

I'm assuming McCowan is away so I'm hoping McKenzie might step up this season and keep our recent record of always having a 'home grown' player as a regular starter in the team - it must be quite a while since we haven't had one. 

I make it the 2009/10 season when that last happened. Pretty good going.

11 hours ago, Hursty said:

I still think McKenzie is a bit raw and could do with a loan to a league 1 club for the first half of next season. 

Totally agree about McKenzie, decent chance, great work ethic needs to get goals regularly I'd also put him on loan L1, obviously if we have 3 others in the squad . Worried however with Moffat at this level now 

Is there likely to be any news of players re-signing soon, if we’re not getting any new player news? 

Suppose it’ll be quiet for the next week or so until players start getting released by premier teams. I’d expect Aberdeen and Celtic to have a clear out of young players, Aberdeen with a new manager and Celtic seem to have lost a generation of young players recently.

24 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Is there likely to be any news of players re-signing soon, if we’re not getting any new player news? 

I think both are very much related to each other. There might be a few in the current squad that the management team are genuinely undecided about, whether they can get replacements in might decide whether they are with us next season or not. 

Throw in the ongoing SPFL playoffs and SPL season not even finished yet and it creates a frustrating period of apparent inactivity. 

I'd be really disappointed if genuine targets haven't been identified and informally sounded out. 

I would imagine Hopkins has three or four earmarked the moment he took over . Of course these individuals may receive better offers as more teams move into the market. Having said that I’m sure hands will have been shaken on one or two deals . I hope we learn more next week .