The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Iain said:

The security on the player of the year vote needs dialling down a notch. Not ideal needing to try three email addresses til I find one it will accept.

Is there a none of the above box? 

5 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Some of the players being written off might fit well into the Hopkin style of play. Perhaps not the most technically gifted but effective and do ok in the right circumstances, Wouldn't like to see too many of this type sign but if the wages are reasonable it might free up cash for better elsewhere

Who can tell if Hopkin signing McGinty, currently winning every award going as the least favourite Morton player of all time, might fit into a Hopkin team, for instance.

Anyway, depression about next season's already-inevitable relegation aside, it appears even doubling Kilmarnock's Staunch factor might not be enough to keep them up. Twelve guaranteed derby points might make all the difference between 9th and 10th a year from now.

29 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
38 minutes ago, Trogdor said:
Last night's prem results... Killie are looking precarious. 4 league derbies becoming a distinct possibility.
200.gif&key=0ba093844fd4b4791e5d36a3a4e1077a165549b861b445f311010bf8395ba528
How long has it been since we were in the same league?

1994 I think

It's a shame St Mirren couldn't find a winner and set up a decider for the weekend, but hopefully County can get the point they need. I reckon Hamilton need to beat Killie 9-0 to go past them.

6 minutes ago, Iain said:

It's a shame St Mirren couldn't find a winner and set up a decider for the weekend, but hopefully County can get the point they need. I reckon Hamilton need to beat Killie 9-0 to go past them.

Dundee are on a hell of a streak and unlike Them aren't an entirely one-man team. They'll be faves in the final anyway.

15 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

Muirhead and sinisalo got my votes will be surprised if they don't win the awards this year

I was the same.

17 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

We would need a forward line of Mbappe, Neymar and Augero to have any chance of winning a game with that defence  

Surely Smith has the ambition required to get at least 2 of them, hopefully not Neymar as we'd be cheaper just purchasing a quality roller for the pitch. 

Looking at the league next season, we could lose Dundee but gain Kilmarnock, we have lost Alloa and gained Partick. Hearts have been more than likely replaced by Hamilton.

if we lose Morton we will have Airdrie inflicted upon us. 

Next season could be the most central belt it has been for a while. Inverness and Arbroath aside, all games would be within 90 minute drive.

with the potential of 4 new teams, it gives the league a bit of a refresh. Traditionally, teams coming down in pairs means one is caught in a spiral for a few seasons like the Dundee clubs, Hibs, Rangers...it could be a very interesting league for neutrals 

I went for Luke McCowan and Mark McKenzie - the latter probably controversial with some but I like the lad's 'get stuck in' attitude and unlike Sinisalo for example, he's one of ours. Also, his second goal at Dens Park is my goal of the season.