The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

31 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Mcginty wouldn't be the best signing in the world for Ayr, let's be honest. However, if Hopkin did decide to sign him (Here's hoping he's looking for something more....better) it would probably be for the leadership qualities, as he was/is the captain of Morton. 

Yes, I know he's no Geggan, Bell or Docherty, though who do Ayr have that fit the role of Captain? I think he'd do better than Baird as a leader, as he has always seemed out of his depth. Kyle Jacobs would be a better signing imo. 

Efe Ambrose? Might be looking for a team. Though I apologise for being slightly ambitious. 

Whatever happened to Anthony Stokes after Livingston? 

I would wait and see on this one, see who is released from the Premier league. As long as Hopkin doesn't raid Morton for half a squad, I'm Sure Ayr will do sign a few decent players. 

1.Bomb scare (would be outwith our wage structure i'd think in any case)

2. Wouldn't even be close to meeting our ethical and moral standards.

Who knows, we signed guys who we thought were good last season but they turned out to be dross, so maybe if we sign dross, they'll turn out to be good ????

15 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

As long as the team and squad improve for the better 👍

...and results of course.....especially when ahead in a match. Game management was sadly horrendous last season. 

28 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

2. Wouldn't even be close to meeting our ethical and moral standards.

Why are you so butthurt over this?

Is it because your beloved Tory party lost their seat in Ayr to the SNP?

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

Why are you so butthurt over this?

Is it because your beloved Tory party lost their seat in Ayr to the SNP?

Being a member of the SNP, then that would be rather bizarre, furthermore Kenny Gibson retained his seat so no idea what you're talking about ????

5 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Sam Ramsbottom, Gregor Buchanan, Sean McGinty, Tommy Robson, Cameron Blues, Kalvin Orsi, Robbie Muirhead and Louis Longridge.

Now, that would be some set of signings.

Yes and not in a good way !!!

Judging by his comments I think the 6 signings will purely be made up of strikers and defenders with a goalkeeper obviously being brought in and maybe a hard working midfielder to allow Aero to move back into defence.

It’s an easy to assumption to make that we’ll just sign any old dross from Morton but the budget he will have to work with and also the job that has been laid out for him will be different to what he had at Morton. He’ll know McGinty isn’t suited to a team going for top 4.

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Judging by his comments I think the 6 signings will purely be made up of strikers and defenders with a goalkeeper obviously being brought in and maybe a hard working midfielder to allow Aero to move back into defence.

It’s an easy to assumption to make that we’ll just sign any old dross from Morton but the budget he will have to work with and also the job that has been laid out for him will be different to what he had at Morton. He’ll know McGinty isn’t suited to a team going for top 4.

I've seen a few talking about McAdams however I'm not convinced this would be a good idea.

I noticed the Morton fans were giving him a bit of a doing over his display last night and seeing that outwith his 24 appearances for a team at the bottom of this league that he's only played a handful of games at Scottish League 2 level, then I'm thinking we should be looking far higher than this for our new #1, whether that be someone signed permanently or another loan deal at a similar level to a Doohan or Sinisalo.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There’s yer Mark Durnan left Falkirk. Back 3 of him, McGinty and Buchanan sending us straight to league 1 

We would need a forward line of Mbappe, Neymar and Augero to have any chance of winning a game with that defence  

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I've seen a few talking about McAdams however I'm not convinced this would be a good idea.

I noticed the Morton fans were giving him a bit of a doing over his display last night and seeing that outwith his 24 appearances for a team at the bottom of this league that he's only played a handful of games at Scottish League 2 level, then I'm thinking we should be looking far higher than this for our new #1, whether that be someone signed permanently or another loan deal at a similar level to a Doohan or Sinisalo.

Only Hearts and ICT goalkeepers have conceded less goals than him 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Only Hearts and ICT goalkeepers have conceded less goals than him 

That's only because he's got big McGinty in front of him shielding him.

8 minutes ago, Iain said:

The security on the player of the year vote needs dialling down a notch. Not ideal needing to try three email addresses til I find one it will accept.

Yeah I tried using my only non work address and it said I couldn't vote as it had already been used. 

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Yeah I tried using my only non work address and it said I couldn't vote as it had already been used. 

Same, looks like there is some sort of glitch in the system, perhaps recognising the address I put in for the strip voting and thinking it’s already been used?? Annoying 

Some of the players being written off might fit well into the Hopkin style of play. Perhaps not the most technically gifted but effective and do ok in the right circumstances, Wouldn't like to see too many of this type sign but if the wages are reasonable it might free up cash for better elsewhere