The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Definite understatement of the year. 

it’s absolutely fucking horrifying, and I would officially rescind my thoughts of allowing Hopkin to build a squad. 

You’d think the guy would have the contacts and the budget to look a bit further than Greenock as well. As others have previously said there’s about 3 players worth having from Morton.

If Morton go down and Hopkin doesn't try to resolve your perennial goalkeeping problem with McAdams from Morton then he's doing something wrong. Tonight excepted (just going from reports) he's looked a cracking keeper.

57 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Get any talk of Sean McGinty straight in the bin. If that is the level of signings that Hopkin is targeting then we can prepare for another relegation battle. 

ETA: Only players I’d be happy to see us sign from Morton who are out of contract is Kyle Jacobs and Aidan McAdams. 

Ah McGinty.  Horrendous and hated by the fans at relegated Partick.   Moves to Morton - by all accounts horrendous and hated by the fans as they come in relegation playoffs.   I'd absolutely 1000% rather keep Jack Baird.  

Christ I mind being at Hospitality at Firhill when Ayr beat them 2-1 towards the end of our first season up, was one of McCowan's first starts and he ripped their defence apart.  Post match McGinty got announced as man of the match up in the suite and I actually felt sorry for him as quite a lot of folk just started laughing. 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

His name is in the rumours but believe there’s someone  closer to being signed than him 

Aw god were going to have a real patter season

11 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

His name is in the rumours but believe there’s someone  closer to being signed than him 

Jesus fucking Christ.

I will be absolutely foaming at the mouth seething if we sign him. For me if we sign him it shows Hopkin is incapable of good recruitment.

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Going to be class when Gregor Buchanan and Sean McGinty are our centre half pairing next season. 

That would be an aberration. However, I doubt that's what Hopkin has in mind. He said he was signing winners could either of them be considered winners?

For the love of f**k, the fact Hopkin is even thinking about McGinty is a major red flag. I was one who said give him the chance to build his own squad, but if that’s the route he’s going down, it’s a no from me. 

Let’s not over react, as I genuinely can’t see how anyone could think he is good enough at this level - so surely Hopkin doesn’t. 

I don’t often notice opposing players unless they stand out. McGinty is one I noticed at Partick as he was utterly rancid. 

Some serious knicker wetting going on here lads. Let’s wait until we actually sign a player before we write the manager’s recruitment off.

if we do sign McGinty we can rightly be pissed but some folk on here need to calm down.

Lots of discussion on who we don't want and who isn't good enough for us but does anyone have anyone in mind who IS good enough for us and who WOULD be likely to fit into our proposed budgets, wage structure and area of residence ??

I'm enjoying the small batch of Ayr fans trying to convince themselves Hopkins recruitment this Summer won't be an absolute dumpster fire, tbh.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm enjoying the small batch of Ayr fans trying to convince themselves Hopkins recruitment this Summer won't be an absolute dumpster fire, tbh.

There’s every chance it will be an absolute clusterfuck but if there’s one thing Ayr fans are great at in equal measures it’s building players up to be world beaters or absolute cart horses before they’ve kicked a ball or in even signed.

51 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

McGinty as the defensive saviour, jeez if that comes to fruition we’re in for another long season 

Mcginty wouldn't be the best signing in the world for Ayr, let's be honest. However, if Hopkin did decide to sign him (Here's hoping he's looking for something more....better) it would probably be for the leadership qualities, as he was/is the captain of Morton. 

Yes, I know he's no Geggan, Bell or Docherty, though who do Ayr have that fit the role of Captain? I think he'd do better than Baird as a leader, as he has always seemed out of his depth. Kyle Jacobs would be a better signing imo. 

21 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Lots of discussion on who we don't want and who isn't good enough for us but does anyone have anyone in mind who IS good enough for us and who WOULD be likely to fit into our proposed budgets, wage structure and area of residence ??

Efe Ambrose? Might be looking for a team. Though I apologise for being slightly ambitious. 

Whatever happened to Anthony Stokes after Livingston? 

I would wait and see on this one, see who is released from the Premier league. As long as Hopkin doesn't raid Morton for half a squad, I'm Sure Ayr will do sign a few decent players.