The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, mugen_power said:

How come Lithgow is an acceptable sex-beast but Tiffoney and Goodwillie aren't?

People make mistakes and deserve the opportunity of rehabilitation. Lithgow has expressed remorse and embarrassment for his actions and has never reoffended. The first step of rehabilitation is taking responsibility for your actions, which is what Lithgow did. He has since gone on to have a decent career in the Scottish leagues, eventually becoming a Premier League defender.

Tiffoney, however, has shown no remorse and has blamed everyone but himself for his career going down the toilet after his conviction, and has repeatedly proved that he is not only a scumbag but an imbecile as well.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Lithgow flashed at a woman iirc? Goodwillie was accused of rape and I've no idea what Tiffoney did (leaked intimate pics of a woman?). I rated Lithgow when he was with us, hope hes learned his lesson and I'd gladly have him back here 

Tiffoney secretly filmed a woman having sex and showed it to people. 

25 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

t sounds like Baird might have been to to gtf. I’d be happy with that! 

If we’re going with a 5-3-2 then I’d say Baird will cover for the starting three , which should be Aero a sweeper and a left sided central defender , the plot thickens . 

Also not too many target type centre forward about , high end would be White , medium Toderov and low Cameron . Ironicly Cameron is the one that may turn a big profit being only 20 . 

Central midfield targets are the hardest to call .... Nae clue there ....

5 hours ago, honestly united said:

He would be a solid signing, if unspectacular - I dont remember him being the leader / captain material though which is what I would be hoping for in a CH - although most people thought Baird was a good signing so doesnt say much. Was in the Livi team from League one through to Premier although not played much the last 2 years

Lithgow's been out injured for 2 years basically. He had a surgery scheduled but had to wait during COVID for it to be viable. Then he got a hip injury after it.  He's not much of a leader, he needs a good CB next to him to be a success. Basically a perfect example of a CB keeping it simple and going no-nonsense, he'll just hoof it if it comes to him

Edited by ATLIS

6 hours ago, mugen_power said:

How come Lithgow is an acceptable sex-beast but Tiffoney and Goodwillie aren't?

I think Lithgow actually apologised which at least sets him apart from the other two. 

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hopkin in the AP saying we want up to 6 new players (Personally I think we need a good few more than that but here we are), Tom Walsh will be spoken to about a new deal. 

Luke McCowan is weighing up options from elsewhere. 

ETA: Also says a few deals are quite far down the line and there should be news soon. It mentions planning to overhaul the heart of defence. 

We were never going to go out and sign 8-10 players, we don't have the resources such as the likes of Dunfermline to run a 23-25 man squad.

We've always signed less than the fans want even under Kerr and McCall

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Lithgow's been out injured for 2 years basically. He had a surgery scheduled but had to wait during COVID for it to be viable. Then he got a hip injury after it.  He's not much of a leader, he needs a good CB next to him to be a success. Basically a perfect example of a CB keeping it simple and going no-nonsense, he'll just hoof it if it comes to him

A few defenders names being mentioned, Lithgows though was not one of them 

Just reading the posts, it seems any potential signings will need to go through enhanced disclosure Scotland, prove they've got good morals, ethics and values, have leadership qualities and also be pretty good footballers with a proven pedigree.

It could be a long close season...........

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

His name is in the rumours but believe there’s someone  closer to being signed than him 

Jesus fucking christ I WAS ON THE WIND UP WHEN I SAID THAT TO SEE IF ANYONE GOT BAITED 

GIF by The Simpsons

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well that’s slightly depressing.

Definite understatement of the year. 

it’s absolutely fucking horrifying, and I would officially rescind my thoughts of allowing Hopkin to build a squad. 

Get any talk of Sean McGinty straight in the bin. If that is the level of signings that Hopkin is targeting then we can prepare for another relegation battle. 

ETA: Only players I’d be happy to see us sign from Morton who are out of contract is Kyle Jacobs and Aidan McAdams. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw