The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Son of the previous chairman Donnie McIntyre in the Barr days who was good to work with , you might be right about hospitality knowledge although I thought that would be our commercial managers remit , don’t expect real cash thrown at the club though.

Don’t really recall him being that good last time he was with us.

He was fairly mediocre from what I remember and only earned a move to Stenhousemuir after leaving us. No denying he’s improved after being good at Airdrie and winning back to back promotion with Livingston.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was fairly mediocre from what I remember and only earned a move to Stenhousemuir after leaving us. No denying he’s improved after being good at Airdrie and winning back to back promotion with Livingston.

I was disappointed that we never resigned him tbh. He was ok in his season with us but would have expected improvement if he had stayed

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He would be a solid signing, if unspectacular - I dont remember him being the leader / captain material though which is what I would be hoping for in a CH - although most people thought Baird was a good signing so doesnt say much. Was in the Livi team from League one through to Premier although not played much the last 2 years

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

How come Lithgow is an acceptable sex-beast but Tiffoney and Goodwillie aren't?

There are pretty stark differences and aren’t really comparable. 

Lithgow’s offence was eleven years ago, and as disgusting as his actions were he showed remorse and has not reoffended. There are pretty clear differences in comparison to Goodwillie, not just in terms of the crime committed. 

29 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
2 hours ago, mugen_power said:
How come Lithgow is an acceptable sex-beast but Tiffoney and Goodwillie aren't?

Very different offences for a start.

All 3 are different, Lithgow pled guilty and hasn't re-offended. All 3 had victims though. 

Hopkin in the AP saying we want up to 6 new players (Personally I think we need a good few more than that but here we are), Tom Walsh will be spoken to about a new deal. 

Luke McCowan is weighing up options from elsewhere. 

ETA: Also says a few deals are quite far down the line and there should be news soon. It mentions planning to overhaul the heart of defence. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

36 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hopkin in the AP saying we want up to 6 new players (Personally I think we need a good few more than that but here we are), Tom Walsh will be spoken to about a new deal. 

Luke McCowan is weighing up options from elsewhere. 

ETA: Also says a few deals are quite far down the line and there should be news soon. It mentions planning to overhaul the heart of defence. 

Interesting report . Only 6 players , you have think their caliber would have to be a severe upgrade on what we had . I guess all six will be first XX material. It also looks like two centre half’s are coming in and that would push Baird onto the bench which is fair enough .  That being the case , and there definitely needs to be a keeper in the six ., it only leaves three slots for a centre forward and an all court central midfielder , plus one more mystery player ... It’s pretty tight . Hoppy must think he can get some of the duds from last season an extra 20% ..... 

45 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It mentions planning to overhaul the heart of defence

It didn’t matter what the pairing, Ndaba and Baird, Muirhead and Baird, Roscoe and Baird, Miller and Baird, we were always pish at the back.......

signing Ndaba, as good as it would be, wouldn’t solve our problems 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Looking at the first proposed signings I would take it Baird will not be first choice or captain 

I'm sure Baird has been a victim of a rank rotten team/season as much as the next guy but the amount of goals that came directly from his man during games was unbelievable. 

Stevie Bell cost us about a goal a game but he brought a lot more to the team and we were rarely outscored in that time so he got away with it. Baird didn't get away with it and had fans been in the stadiums all season, I doubt he would have played as much as he did. 

21 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

See Ipswich have taken up an option to keep Drinan much to the surprise of their fans. I doubt he’s going to make it with them now given his age and will likely need to drop a level or two and work his way back up.

Not this Drinan talk again. One of the most overrated players I've seen in my time supporting Ayr. Hopefully we wont be linked/wanting him every transer window