The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

We're not going to sign 2 strikers if we've already got Moore, Moffatt and McKenzie signed up, will probably be another 1 

Will sign at least 2 strikers

Moore , still to prove fitness

Moffatt, not an out and out striker now and will get limited game time

McKenzie , still relatively inexperienced at this level 

no way could we go into next season with them as our first choice strikers 

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You are being totally disingenuous here.

No-one has said the club should issue a statement on what the players have been told. Can you quote it?

No-one has asked for players contracts to be divulged. Can you quote it?

You are resorting to making stuff up now. 

Making nothing up , reading between the lines 

Statement that players on 2 years deals are under discussion ( as quoted)

the club statement said they had 2 year deals , why would they need to say anymore 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

the club statement said they had 2 year deals , why would they need to say anymore 

Reading between the lines = making stuff up.

You've misquoted me again there. I said 'discussions are ongoing with players under contract' it's only like 5 posts up. It leaves it open and doesn't commit the club to anything, not sure why you are so peeved about it. You didn't write the press release did you?

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Agree, however, they could have put on the press release that discussions are ongoing with players under contract. That leaves it open. As far as it goes, it reads like they are all staying. This may not be the case but I'm with bazka6, it reads that way.

Why? To keep you happy? The press release is black and white. It wouldn't be a good look to say player x is under contract but we're desperate to get shot so please call us.

Anyone with half a brain would look at a statement saying “we are in discussions with under contract players” and know that we were trying to offload some of them. It would then be a pretty bad look for the club if no players left and it was clear that there were guys in the squad that Hopkin didn’t want.

Better to just say nothing and let it all play out. The fans have been given the information they need in regards to players being offered a contract and those not been offered a contract with the exception of Tom Walsh.

Quite varied views on this and no surprise, there are ways to move players on who are contracted that are clearly not improving the team and Hopkin is well experienced in that.

Quite a few quotes on Moore who for me would be no more than an impact player from the bench, a part time role maybe, and I don’t think we should close the door to having a few more, he was well below standard  long term injuries or not, and I’ll be really pi—— off if he gets a full time gig . All the full time posts given out will have to be more scrutinised as Hopkin is going to have one hand tied behind his back dealing with the players he does not want and as said I’m sure he’ll manage .

Stranger things have happened of course football is i know him he’s better than that  and Zanatta is an example people at Raith are in for a big shock, and we can only hope there a few managers who are thinking that way, let’s face it a lot of people were getting excited this time last year when we were signing Chalmers Walsh and Zanatta players  on paper who were to take us to the next level.

15 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Quite varied views on this and no surprise, there are ways to move players on who are contracted that are clearly not improving the team and Hopkin is well experienced in that.

Quite a few quotes on Moore who for me would be no more than an impact player from the bench, a part time role maybe, and I don’t think we should close the door to having a few more, he was well below standard  long term injuries or not, and I’ll be really pi—— off if he gets a full time gig . All the full time posts given out will have to be more scrutinised as Hopkin is going to have one hand tied behind his back dealing with the players he does not want and as said I’m sure he’ll manage .

Stranger things have happened of course football is i know him he’s better than that  and Zanatta is an example people at Raith are in for a big shock, and we can only hope there a few managers who are thinking that way, let’s face it a lot of people were getting excited this time last year when we were signing Chalmers Walsh and Zanatta players  on paper who were to take us to the next level.

Moore well below standard 😂

16 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Yikes

11 hours ago, rb123! said:

We're not going to sign 2 strikers if we've already got Moore, Moffatt and McKenzie signed up, will probably be another 1 

We need another 2 without a doubt. Can’t rely on Moore to stay fit and I also wouldn’t be against loaning McKeznie out for the first half of the season. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Reading between the lines = making stuff up.

You've misquoted me again there. I said 'discussions are ongoing with players under contract' it's only like 5 posts up. It leaves it open and doesn't commit the club to anything, not sure why you are so peeved about it. You didn't write the press release did you?

Making stuff up ????

Misquoted ???? 

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

gree, however, they could have put on the press release that discussions are ongoing with players under contract.

Still can’t get why you would want the club to tell everyone they are not happy with players in 2 years contract , as to say players on a 2 year contracts are now under discussion could only indicate that ,

The only reason I had any expectation players on 2 yrs would be leaving is the language used by Hopkin/the club. Their words not mine.  Do I need to search for quotes? Normally I’d expect them to be staying in our position. Given the almost clusterf*ck of a season it didn’t seem unreasonable for it to happen. Look at Morton now.
It’s just a shame the first time we’ve started handing out longer term contacts there’s effectively none we’d be upset at losing or one a club would be willing to pay a fee for. Hopefully it pays off in future.

12 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Sorry mate but 🤔

I don’t think they will all be happy with proposed game time and might want to look elsewhere , they are all squad players but some of them might want more than that , club leaving it up to them 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

I wish we had been able to play a fit Craig Moore last season.

Regardless of what we as supporters may want to hear about guys going for next year, the club also have to abide by employment law.  Putting out a statement saying that players under contract are being told to GTF is a slippery slope that could be argued was constructive dismissal. That's not a headache the club want right now, and I don't think many of us would think it acceptable if our employers treated us like that, regardless of performance. 

50 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Making stuff up ????

Misquoted ???? 

Still can’t get why you would want the club to tell everyone they are not happy with players in 2 years contract , as to say players on a 2 year contracts are now under discussion could only indicate that ,

Let's try again...

You said the below. I asked you to quote who wanted this? You haven't done so - that's the making it up part. 

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

why should the club divulge into a players personal contract ,

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

No-one has asked for players contracts to be divulged. Can you quote it?

Also you didn't direct quote me in this one and that's not what I said... its semantics but the order of the words is important. There is a difference between 'discussions continue with under contract players' and 'players on 2 years deals are under discussion ( as quoted)'

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

11 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Regardless of what we as supporters may want to hear about guys going for next year, the club also have to abide by employment law.  Putting out a statement saying that players under contract are being told to GTF is a slippery slope that could be argued was constructive dismissal. That's not a headache the club want right now, and I don't think many of us would think it acceptable if our employers treated us like that, regardless of performance. 

Has anyone said this? 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Let's try again...

You said the below. I asked you to quote who wanted this? You haven't done so - that's the making it up part. 

Also you didn't direct quote me in this one and that's not what I said... its semantics but the order of the words is important. There is a difference between 'discussions continue with under contract players' and 'players on 2 years deals are under discussion ( as quoted)'

Getting boring now  you stated club should put out a statement saying 2 year deal contract are under discussion , not very professional , 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Anyone with half a brain would look at a statement saying “we are in discussions with under contract players” and know that we were trying to offload some of them. It would then be a pretty bad look for the club if no players left and it was clear that there were guys in the squad that Hopkin didn’t want.

Better to just say nothing and let it all play out. The fans have been given the information they need in regards to players being offered a contract and those not been offered a contract with the exception of Tom Walsh.

It's debatable what is the better approach. Hopkin has already said as much wrt. players on 2 year deals. Either that or I maybe read too much into what he said a few weeks back.

Has Walsh been offered a contract? Does anyone know?

I just think the list makes for brutal reading, maybe that's playing a part here in my thinking.

We have retained the vast majority of the squad which mustered barely more than 1 point per game. Recruitment is going have to be bang on to get better results out of these players. 

Edited by Trogdor