The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Can’t believe Falkirk are going to spend another season in l1. Who do we want up next season? Montrose? 

Airdrie, I think.

45 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Can’t believe Falkirk are going to spend another season in l1. Who do we want up next season? Montrose? 

Montrose or Cove. Both good away days. Airdrie for the rivalry and easy 12 points 

36 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Montrose or Cove. Both good away days. Airdrie for the rivalry and easy 12 points 

Not Airdrie, I don't want to see the denim clad fat Freddy Mercury or the Steward who talks into his wrist like a secret service agent. No thanks!

Cove or Montrose would be acceptable.

ETA - Prefer Morton to any of them to be honest.

Edited by Trogdor

I'd take Blair Alston, surely he isn't going to spend a second season in the diddy seaside league.

Also where's that Bairns fan who kept coming on here the last few weeks saying we're punching above our weight and will soon be back where we belong. 

Want to give him a big GIRFUY

Still Game Winston GIF - StillGame Winston GetItRightRoundYe - Discover &  Share GIFs

Edited by rb123!

12 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I see shirt king or something on twitter is selling .matchworn ayr home shirt 97/98 #8 .

Who played number 8 that season? me and my mate are having a discussion about it. Anyone know ? I'm sure djaffo was #10

About 100 players including Marco Ciardi

I'd take Blair Alston, surely he isn't going to spend a second season in the diddy seaside league.
Also where's that Bairns fan who kept coming on here the last few weeks saying we're punching above our weight and will soon be back where we belong. 
Want to give him a big GIRFUY
tenor.gif?itemid=12046689&key=3abe614dc1353877494448f8eb0b834d889500621f28b3545a30fa23467b75ac

I believe Alston has been quite shite this season and Falkirk fans were really disappointed with the signing.
I'd imagine that'll also mean Josh Todd will be a certainty for next season too.

But yeah I’d be surprised if Todd didn’t sign a permanent deal for next season.

According to the Falkirk thread, Alston has been regularly bodied by part time players playing directly against him.  You're best staying well clear by the sounds of it.

According to the Falkirk thread, Alston has been regularly bodied by part time players playing directly against him.  You're best staying well clear by the sounds of it.
To be fair, this has happened to us vs Arbroath and Alloa this year too, but I get your point.

It is nice to now be in a position of sitting back and watching others scrambling for survival / promotion. If Robbo is right about an early signing it will certainly help keep the mind at ease even if nothing happens for another couple of weeks afterwards. 

52 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

It is nice to now be in a position of sitting back and watching others scrambling for survival / promotion. If Robbo is right about an early signing it will certainly help keep the mind at ease even if nothing happens for another couple of weeks afterwards. 

I really can’t see us announcing an early new signing unless it’s Josh Todd who although technically would be a new player I wouldn’t class him as such. 

23 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I really can’t see us announcing an early new signing unless it’s Josh Todd who although technically would be a new player I wouldn’t class him as such. 

Cant see any big signing this week , tomorrow is all about current squad staying and going , I would reckon at least 2 weeks before any players currently employed elsewhere being announced , which will coincide with new strip and potentially seasons being mentioned as only just over 9 weeks away from first Cup match 

Edited by Robbo63

Thank god our lot pulled through the other night .just look at falkirk if we had of gone down I don't think we would have been straight back up next season.

On another note as I don't think its been commented on as much as it should be .josh todd has not got the credit he deserves after keeping us up the other night .

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

More importantly it lets us plan early for who we're hoping to get in and who we're releasing as opposed to not knowing what league we'll be in for another couple of weeks.

The teams involved in the play offs are always at a disadvantage as the others have stolen a march on them.

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Cant see any big signing this week , tomorrow is all about current squad staying and going , I would reckon at least 2 weeks before any players currently employed elsewhere being announced , which will coincide with new strip and potentially seasons being mentioned as only just over 9 weeks away from first Cup match 

Wee bit cryptic there Robbo ! What about a club less player like Lee Miller to fill out the pool as a second choice no9 ? 

1 hour ago, North British said:

Wee bit cryptic there Robbo ! What about a club less player like Lee Miller to fill out the pool as a second choice no9 ? 

Any talk of Lee Miller can get in the bin.