The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

There most definitely was - Hamilton and Tiffoney for two! Would be interesting to know what drew Kerr and McArdle to Wright instead!

Wright was very good in Ireland tbf, and looked quite good fit as a lone striker.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Tiffoney another No No for me, given what I saw of him last year.

He done ok at Partick but you are correct he was shocking for us before and that would not have changed going by the style we were playing , we needed an out and out big centre forward 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Unless i'm mistaken in location the piece of land we allegedly own at Heathfield has a planning application for a housing development.

Wonder if Mr Smith has taken the land of LC and going to build Ashleigh houses on it.

Also regarding us purchasing the car park off of Kirkwood, i wonder if that means he isn't going ahead with his housing development behind the railway end, surely wouldn't sell his share of the proposed through road to the houses if he was still going ahead with it

Houses not going ahead at Somerset , I thought someone posted on another thread the land at Heathfield   had already been sold ( not 100% sure on this )

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Tiffoney another No No for me, given what I saw of him last year.

Another who wasn’t given a chance with us, minutes here and there. Scored goals for Livingston earlier in the season and has been fantastic for Partick. 

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

He done ok at Partick but you are correct he was shocking for us before and that would not have changed going by the style we were playing , we needed an out and out big centre forward 

Okay a huge understatement! 

Tiffoney would undoubtedly have been a huge improvement on anything we had. 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Houses not going ahead at Somerset , I thought someone posted on another thread the land at Heathfield   had already been sold ( not 100% sure on this )

Possibly, was just looking for something else and noticed it, wonder if we'll try and buy the land behind railway end, not sure what we could do with it though due to awkward corner shape. Possibly a further car park, allow us to build some form of club gym or something in the current car park. 

Think a training complex is a bit pie in the sky just now.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Possibly, was just looking for something else and noticed it, wonder if we'll try and buy the land behind railway end, not sure what we could do with it though due to awkward corner shape. Possibly a further car park, allow us to build some form of club gym or something in the current car park. 

Think a training complex is a bit pie in the sky just now.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Another who wasn’t given a chance with us, minutes here and there. Scored goals for Livingston earlier in the season and has been fantastic for Partick. 

Okay a huge understatement! 

Tiffoney would undoubtedly have been a huge improvement on anything we had. 

Cant disagree he would have been a better player than what we had , but our style of play would have just passed him by , Partick used him in an attacking wide position with Graham and Rudden through the centre , don’t think he would have been suited to be an out and out centre forward which is what we were needing at the time 

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Cant disagree he would have been a better player than what we had , but our style of play would have just passed him by , Partick used him in an attacking wide position with Graham and Rudden through the centre , don’t think he would have been suited to be an out and out centre forward which is what we were needing at the time 

Potentially! Irrelevant now anyway, we managed to stay up so it’s all good 😂

52 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Not bringing in a forward was a major concern, there must have been someone out there that could have done a job , I think Wright was a knee jerk reaction by previous management but Hopkin did have time to rectify it but for some reason didn’t 

At the season's end our top scorer of league goals was Cammy Smith with a miserly total of six. Even for a curtailed programme that is a grim statistic. 

7 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

At the season's end our top scorer of league goals was Cammy Smith with a miserly total of six. Even for a curtailed programme that is a grim statistic. 

Even worse when moffat managed a mighty 2 goals. 

The problem with Tiffoney was that we didn’t actually need him last season and only used him as McGuffies spot on the bench. He’d probably have been pretty handy though had he been given a regular spot in the team.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Unless i'm mistaken in location the piece of land we allegedly own at Heathfield has a planning application for a housing development.

Wonder if Mr Smith has taken the land of LC and going to build Ashleigh houses on it.

Also regarding us purchasing the car park off of Kirkwood, i wonder if that means he isn't going ahead with his housing development behind the railway end, surely wouldn't sell his share of the proposed through road to the houses if he was still going ahead with it

It does but the applicant is Allanvale which is Kirkwood's company.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wright was very good in Ireland tbf, and looked quite good fit as a lone striker.

Got to agree Wright was not match fit when he he came here, then an injury set back.

Unfortune for Wright but if you're not fit or carrying an injury it is difficult to judge.

I think coming in pre season and working up to the speed of the game he would have been ok.

He was trying to play catch up in a very poor side.

9 hours ago, JohnGAYR said:

Don’t think there was ever an application just an outline proposal.

You may be right but it would suggest that Ayr no longer own the land.

Near a recycling centre and an abattoir isn't exactly the greatest location for a stadium never mind houses so good luck to them.