The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Looking forward to seeing what Hopkin can do with his own squad  , the atmosphere in the team and support staff since he has taking over is miles   ahead of where it was when he took over as well as the set up being much more professional  , players are saying training is more enjoyable that he is very encouraging supportive and knowledgeable , last couple of clubs he has been at were in poor shape within the boardrooms and not in best financial situations , this  is his chance to show what he can do with a decent budget and supportive owner 

I wonder how many of the current squad he'll keep. I originally assumed very few but going by the post-match interview it doesn't seem like there is going to be a mass exodus.

Is he going to have a bigger budget than Kerr did?

6 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I wonder how many of the current squad he'll keep. I originally assumed very few but going by the post-match interview it doesn't seem like there is going to be a mass exodus.

Is he going to have a bigger budget than Kerr did?

I would expect to see a large number of changes , as for budget you can only speculate that with the number of off field money raising projects being currently constructed and put  in place that there may be some extra going towards the playing budget 

Edited by Robbo63

I think there will be significant changes in personnel. I even expect some of the 2 year deals to be shipped out. 

We have to sell season tickets and it'll be tougher if we're expected to put up with retaining these shitebags. I genuinely only want to see a handful of them in Ayr shirts again (excluding loans).

Under Contract: 

Jordan Houston

Paddy Reading

Jack Baird

Aaron Muirhead

Michael Miller 

Joe Chalmers

Andy Murdoch 

Mark McKenzie

Out of Contract: 

Sam Roscoe 

Tom Walsh

Luke McCowan

Dario Zanatta- Already signed PCA with Raith Rovers 

Andre Wright 

Craig Moore

Finn Ecrepont 

Paul Smith 

Gabe Skeoch (?)

Ross Love (?) 

End of Loans: 

PJ Morrison 

Peter Urminsky

Corrie Ndaba

Jamie Barjonas 

Josh Todd 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

First rumour of a new signing as a member of Cameron Salkelds family follow the club on Twitter.

Seriously hope we’re not just gonna sign all the same jobbers that have probably taken Morton down.....

Of the list ayrunitedfw just shared:

I'd keep the following.

Under Contract

Jordan Houston (deserves another year but has regressed this season. Barely remember him bombing up the wing and successfully crossing.)

Paddy Reading (still raw - good going forward has to work on the defensive side)

Jack Baird (will be retained, should be a Punt)

Aaron Muirhead (best of the lot)

Michael Miller (Undecided - good squad player covers multiple positions?)

Joe Chalmers (Punt into the sea)

Andy Murdoch (keep - out of sentiment)

Mark McKenzie (keep)

Out of Contract (assuming Luke is gone):

Sam Roscoe - Punt 

Tom Walsh - Punt

Dario Zanatta - Punt

Andre Wright - Punt

Craig Moore - Retain on six month deal to prove fitness.

Michael Moffat - Player/coach for the legend. He needs a proper send off at Somerset when he hangs up his boots.

I'd keep the young guys including Finn and look to loan them out.

Loans:

Sinisalo - I'd like to see back (unlikely)

Todd - Retain, he's actually been alright.

Ndaba - I'd like to see back (unlikely)

Barjonas, Urmisky & Morrison - Punt

7 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I want to buy a lifetime membership of the supporters club bar, I want a seat with my name on it and a vip pass to get served at my table - anyone else in?

Count me in. 👍

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

First rumour of a new signing as a member of Cameron Salkelds family follow the club on Twitter.

If Hopkin is looking at Morton for new signings, there are solid Championship players among the squad he built. If you were to sign the likes of McAdams, Ledger or Jacobs from us then you'd be adding solid players who are better than what you have in their positions. They could be part of a team competing in the top half of the division if they aren't surrounded by shite.

On the other hand, if he's looking at the likes of Salkeld, Sean McGinty and Kalvin Orsi, then you're signing players who are miles out of their depth at this level and we don't even want to keep for League One.

22 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Under Contract: 

Jordan Houston

Paddy Reading

Jack Baird

Aaron Muirhead

Michael Miller 

Joe Chalmers

Andy Murdoch 

Mark McKenzie

Out of Contract: 

Sam Roscoe 

Tom Walsh

Luke McCowan

Dario Zanatta- Already signed PCA with Raith Rovers 

Andre Wright 

Craig Moore

Finn Ecrepont 

Paul Smith 

Gabe Skeoch (?)

Ross Love (?) 

End of Loans: 

PJ Morrison 

Peter Urminsky

Corrie Ndaba

Jamie Barjonas 

Josh Todd 

Of those out of contract I would only want to keep  McCowan, and probably a deal til Christmas for Moore. Maybe keep the youngsters but bar one appearance for Ecrepoint I havent seen anything to comment.

The more worrying list is those signed for next season. I would be getting rid of Baird, and probably Chalmers and Murdoch as well.

Its quite the rebuild for next season. We need a keeper (if we can get Sinisalo again that would be great or Doohan back), we need a starting CH next to Muirhead, plus a back up. Full backs should be ok and we have back up in Miller. We need an entire set of midfielders and forwards though if McCowan goes with McKenzie and Moff probably not set to be starters. Thats a fairly but overhaul, probably 10-12 players needed

Wonder if Ecrepont will get or want a new deal was hyped up by McCall as the next big thing but was never given a chance by Kerr, sounds like a player with bags of potential and will only be 18 or 19 now, any one know how hes done at Albion Roveres

If Hopkin is looking at Morton for new signings, there are solid Championship players among the squad he built. If you were to sign the likes of McAdams, Ledger or Jacobs from us then you'd be adding solid players who are better than what you have in their positions. They could be part of a team competing in the top half of the division if they aren't surrounded by shite.
On the other hand, if he's looking at the likes of Salkeld, Sean McGinty and Kalvin Orsi, then you're signing players who are miles out of their depth at this level and we don't even want to keep for League One.

I can almost come to terms with us signing Salkeld. If we however start to bring in McGinty, Orsi or McLean then I’ll be really fucking worried.

McAdams, Jacobs and Colville are guys that I’d be pretty happy with.

Wonder if Ecrepont will get or want a new deal was hyped up by McCall as the next big thing but was never given a chance by Kerr, sounds like a player with bags of potential and will only be 18 or 19 now, any one know how hes done at Albion Roveres

He needed a loan spell at a lower league club but I’m sure I heard he didn’t really do anything noteworthy. Maybe he’ll see more game time with Hopkin there.

50 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It's actually 2 family members. Maybe they were just interested in the relegation battle that he's played no part in since March but I doubt it.

Although the reviews from Morton fans were not great, he does sound like a Hopkin kind of  player.

24 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

On the bench more than the park in a terrible team