The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Guest Flash
9 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

True. We had a shocking first third of the season. 2 points.

Arbroath had 5 points after 9 games. Queens had 4 points, Ayr had 12 and Morton had 14.

4 hours ago, ecocme said:

Innes Cameron, Jack Hamilton, Scott Tiffoney or even Craig Moore?  Does Andy Ryan deserve another crack at the championship, always rated him at Airdrie. Didn’t really work out for him at the Pars. Todorov at Cally out of contract too.

Craig Moore would be my number 1 choice from that mob by a country mile which maybe doesn't say that much. Being honest we could have had Aguero or Lewandowski up front this season and they'd have struggled, simply because we created virtually nothing.

I don't know if it's due to watching streams but I'm struggling to understand formations and players positions at the moment, the goalie and the defence is pretty simple but after that I couldn't actually tell you who is supposed to be playing where, it just seems to be a bunch of players all milling around the middle of the pitch with no structure or game plan.

Call me old fashioned but I honestly can't understand why we can't play with wingers who take on their man and cross a ball in to the box towards a striker and an on running midfielder, I mean Football is a really simple bloody game that we seem to be making very difficult.  Under Kerr keeping possession was great at times but it meant nothing when your end product doesn't involve a strike on goal or a telling forward pass and with us it's been neither, a case of just passing the ball slowly sideways and backwards or alternatively and possibly even worse, just shelling it aimlessly forward once Hopkin came in.

What I find even stranger with modern football is that with players unable to defend properly and the game developing in to an almost non contact sport, one would think that any individual with a bit of pace or trickery would be having a field day, however it's the opposite, it would seem that players are having individuality coached out of them which I really can't understand at all.

Sorry for the rant but I really miss normal Football.

Walsh will probably smash it next season, as I suspect will one or two more who leave. If we persist with the long ball tactics next season then I can't help but think Hopkin is going to stack the team with hammer throwers, cue incoming Connor Sammon

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

think Hopkin is going to stack the team with hammer throwers, cue incoming Connor Sammon

going into a game at Gayfield where winning would have meant safety and being ridden completely rotten could be forgiven as a mistake. Approaching a completely done Connor Sammon last seen waving Falkirk's play-off chances in the division below off into the sunset would be an act of deliberate sabotage and hence gross misconduct.

4 hours ago, placidcasual said:

I'd like to think that if we're going to invest money in the squad we'd at least be able to compete with the likes of Partick to keep him.

The lure of Uncle Ian runs deeper than pounds and pence for some people. 

McCowan needs to look at McDaid as an example of moving on to soon he's done okay at Dundee but not exactly set the heather on fire, McCowan for me is potentially a far better prospect than McDaid another year with us and I could see him moving to a decent prem team, IMO Hopkin should be in is ear telling him as the one longest serving players at the club how important he is and how he can build the team round someone like him, his attitude had turned round 100% from the boy who when he was having a bad game the head went down and looked like a red card waiting to happen, if he can just get that consistency in his game he will get a good move, best thing for him us to give Ayr one more year.

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

McCowan needs to look at McDaid as an example of moving on to soon he's done okay at Dundee but not exactly set the heather on fire, McCowan for me is potentially a far better prospect than McDaid another year with us and I could see him moving to a decent prem team, IMO Hopkin should be in is ear telling him as the one longest serving players at the club how important he is and how he can build the team round someone like him, his attitude had turned round 100% from the boy who when he was having a bad game the head went down and looked like a red card waiting to happen, if he can just get that consistency in his game he will get a good move, best thing for him us to give Ayr one more year.

I'm a big fan of Luke McCowan however I don't think he had the best of seasons for us either as can't actually remember him changing a game or scoring the goals which made a difference. It was basically just a really poor season for virtually all our players apart from Muirhead who enhanced his reputation greatly, despite his sending off at Cappielow which initially looked like ending his Ayr career !!

I'm not sure why he'll hold any loyalty to McCall. He never gave him a start until it was borne out of necessity right towards the end of McCall's last full season with us.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

The lure of Uncle Ian runs deeper than pounds and pence for some peo

It's certainly one to be wary of. Most of our squad could be written off as duds right now which is the perfect place for McCall who does well from turn around projects. McCowan and Murdoch would be two who might fit the bill. Whilst there might have been a clash of personalities before some people may view McCall differently after last seasons efforts 

55 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

I'm not sure why he'll hold any loyalty to McCall. He never gave him a start until it was borne out of necessity right towards the end of McCall's last full season with us.

We'll see. Regardless I've already said I think he'll get offers from the top flight. 

McCall has a knack and a habit of persuading players he's worked with in the past to rejoin him. 

I don't think the thought of being a part of true Hoppyball would be a driving factor in McCowan returning. I hope I'm wrong, he's an above average player for us. 

We'll see. Regardless I've already said I think he'll get offers from the top flight. 
McCall has a knack and a habit of persuading players he's worked with in the past to rejoin him. 
I don't think the thought of being a part of true Hoppyball would be a driving factor in McCowan returning. I hope I'm wrong, he's an above average player for us. 
No, you're probably right but like I said originally we've got half a chance now. If we'd gone down he'd obviously have been away in a heartbeat. If Smith is serious about being in the premiership then we cannot be losing our best young players to teams like Partick.