The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Josh Todd speaks well in the interview but I was flummoxed by his accent! Couldn't quite place it then found out he was born in Carlisle so that kind of explained it. He comes across as a decent person to have in the dressing room.

I’m glad Hopkin is wasting very little time in getting started on next season. Hopefully find out next week who’s leaving and who’s staying although I’d imagine if the likes of Murdoch or Houston were to leave it won’t be announced until they join their new club. Unless we can come to some agreement to terminate their contract. For the record I’d be keeping Murdoch. I think he’ll be an asset next season.

Josh Todd speaks well in the interview but I was flummoxed by his accent! Couldn't quite place it then found out he was born in Carlisle so that kind of explained it. He comes across as a decent person to have in the dressing room.
My thoughts exactly with the accent. I thought maybe Stranraer at first. Definitely a weird one!

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Someone on SRE saying Walsh is not being offered a new deal. Dunno how reliable it is of course but it wouldn’t bother me too much.

I was expecting so much from Walsh, sadly between injuries, a shite style of football and then seemingly not being rated by Hopkin, it just hasn’t worked out for him. Saying that, I’d have liked to have kept him for another season. He’s certainly not the biggest charlatan in that squad, far from it.  

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Someone on SRE saying Walsh is not being offered a new deal. Dunno how reliable it is of course but it wouldn’t bother me too much.

There's a decent player in there in the right team and formation. 

As a local boy I'd have loved it to be with us but in terms of his likely wage compared to what he's contributed, I just can't see him coming back. 

There's a decent player in there in the right team and formation. 
As a local boy I'd have loved it to be with us but in terms of his likely wage compared to what he's contributed, I just can't see him coming back. 

Yeah I’d think he’d be our top earner and if so we just aren’t getting value for money when he’s potentially going to be injured for a fair bit of the season.

I’m glad Hopkin is wasting very little time in getting started on next season. Hopefully find out next week who’s leaving and who’s staying although I’d imagine if the likes of Murdoch or Houston were to leave it won’t be announced until they join their new club. Unless we can come to some agreement to terminate their contract. For the record I’d be keeping Murdoch. I think he’ll be an asset next season.
Can't play him beside Joe though so how would he fit in, and seems like Hopkin likes Joe.

Can't play him beside Joe though so how would he fit in, and seems like Hopkin likes Joe.

Think it depends a lot on the formation we play. I know it didn’t work this season but I think over the summer Hopkin will bring in players more suited to playing 3/5 at the back with 3 in midfield and 2 up top. In a midfield three you could maybe get away with both of them depending on who the third player is but failing that we’ll need both for a bit of depth.

Answers on a postcard to the club for suggestions of someone that can get us 10 - 15 goals a season in the Championship as well. 

Every other team will be looking for the same but this is crucial to us getting back into the top half of the table next season. 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Can’t see where Joe would fit in to a Hopkins 5-3-2 ! Maybe get a slot in a 5-4-1 thought . The forward and central midfield ares will be key ....

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Answers on a postcard to the club for suggestions of someone that can get us 10 - 15 goals a season in the Championship as well. 

Inness Cameron got 5/6 with Alloa post Christmas, that’s a batting average of over 10 in a season . How we let this boy go at Christmas beggars belief.....

Just now, North British said:

Can’t see where Joe would fit in to a Hopkins 5-3-2 ! Maybe get a slot in a 5-4-1 thought . The forward and central midfield ares will be key ....

If he plays with the hunger and  commitment we saw last night, game in game out, there's no reason why he couldn't play in a rotating midfield 3, with 1 sitting and the other 2 pushing on. 

Just now, North British said:

Inness Cameron got 5/6 with Alloa post Christmas, that’s a batting average of over 10 in a season . How we let this boy go at Christmas beggars belief.....

Absolutely. If his nose isn't out of joint at how things ended up with us previously, we'd be silly not to ask the question. He'd be forgiven by me if he told us where to go right enough. 

That was a real headscratcher at the time in a season full of them. 

17 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Every other team will be looking for the same but this is crucial to us getting back into the top half of the table next season. 

Innes Cameron, Jack Hamilton, Scott Tiffoney or even Craig Moore?  Does Andy Ryan deserve another crack at the championship, always rated him at Airdrie. Didn’t really work out for him at the Pars. Todorov at Cally out of contract too.

Edited by ecocme

Just now, stan3600 said:

True. We had a shocking first third of the season. 2 points.

Buddy , we’ve had our Keystone Cops season . We crammed about ten seasons worth of howlers in 3/4 of a season . It’s behind us now , it’s time to  “come on and join in the Somerset sway “ ... Some other club will be wearing the revolving bow tie and squirting flower next season .  Normal service has resumed .

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I think he'll be getting SPL offers. I really hope he stays but I can't see it. His agent will be looking to move him on. ££

Perhaps he was waiting to see if we were still in the Championship before signing a 2 year contract. 

I'd like to think that if we're going to invest money in the squad we'd at least be able to compete with the likes of Partick to keep him.