Reading

Roscoe

Muirhead

Murdoch

Chalmers

McCowan

Moffat

McKenzie

Would like to see us keep Ndaba for next season if anyway possible.    What is the view on Miller, Walsh, Todd & Wright ?   Todd has only played a few games and Wright might be a player if fit and not just playing in a team that only lumped it forward to him.  Think he has only played in a few games too.  Are Walsh & Miller are signed for another season anyway.

Edited by stevep56

Jack Baird will still be here next season I reckon. Hopkin tried to sign him for Morton after having him on loan. 

Have any of you seen the video that voice put up, who is it that shouts “come on and does the sort of fist pump. It looks like zantta but surely not?”

3 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Would like to see us keep Ndaba for next season if anyway possible.    What is the view on Miller, Walsh, Todd & Wright ?   Todd has only played a few games and Wright might be a player if fit and not just playing in a team that just lumped it forward to him.  Think he has only played n a few games too.  Are Walsh & Miller are signed for another season anyway.

Miller, not for me

Walsh, probably on decent money with very little return, just not worked for him at Ayr

Wright, not getting a game in the worst Ayr team for 6-7 years

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Jack Baird will still be here next season I reckon. Hopkin tried to sign him for Morton after having him on loan. 

Have any of you seen the video that voice put up, who is it that shouts “come on and does the sort of fist pump. It looks like zantta but surely not?”

Yeah, it was Zanatta, along with Wright and Ndaba

The guy has kept us up god knows how, and deserves his chance to build his team, think our team Next year will be unrecognisable from this years. Expect Ayr to be a big physical side next year. He got that draw against an inverness team who a few weeks ago I’d thought would have scooshed the play offs, don’t know what went wrong there.

Dont think any of the teams in the play off wil go up quite confident about that so it’s gonna be some league next season and we will need considerable investment, step forward Mr Smith.

The main thing is that we've avoided the play offs which let's us plan immediately for next season and so steal a march on those clubs who've not been so fortunate.

Hopefully DS can provide a decent budget and hopefully our fans will get behind the club as we start afresh with a mostly new squad of players one would think.

Don't know about anyone else but I'll definitely be renewing my season ticket and despite the recent dross I'm dying to get back to Somerset to cheer us on in the flesh as that's what being an Ayr fan is all about.

3 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

The guy has kept us up god knows how, and deserves his chance to build his team, think our team Next year will be unrecognisable from this years. Expect Ayr to be a big physical side next year. He got that draw against an inverness team who a few weeks ago I’d thought would have scooshed the play offs, don’t know what went wrong there.

Dont think any of the teams in the play off wil go up quite confident about that so it’s gonna be some league next season and we will need considerable investment, step forward Mr Smith.

Despite their performance against us at Dens I can see Dundee winning the play offs to be honest 

Aye let’s go all out for a winner and leave gaps at the back ! He managed the game well and got a result that practically no one said was possible all week 

Except we were looking like a far better side when we were pressing them higher and vaguely carrying a threat ourselves. The other team can’t score if we’ve got the ball.

I’m not advocating 2-3-5 or anything but sitting 10 men across our 18 yard box and having no out ball whatsoever just keeps giving possession to the other team and is asking for trouble. On another day that cross that flashed across our 6 yard box gets touched in and we’re screwed.

I really want to be optimistic but nothing I’ve seen since he took over has given me any reason to be hopeful.

3 minutes ago, munro7 said:

Except we were looking like a far better side when we were pressing them higher and vaguely carrying a threat ourselves. The other team can’t score if we’ve got the ball.

I’m not advocating 2-3-5 or anything but sitting 10 men across our 18 yard box and having no out ball whatsoever just keeps giving possession to the other team and is asking for trouble. On another day that cross that flashed across our 6 yard box gets touched in and we’re screwed.

I really want to be optimistic but nothing I’ve seen since he took over has given me any reason to be hopeful.

Need to give him the window and see who he brings in. Think smith will give him a large budget and we should be nowhere near this end of the table- I’d say if we are he should be gone but November like Kerr should have been 

Edited by ryanayr1987

Just now, munro7 said:

My view is similar to this.

I give him the benefit of the doubt because he didn't assemble the squad so he gets a shot to build one. I'm not sold on the style but if he recruits the right players it can be very effective at this level.

Lets not forget that this squad are utter shitebags and in my view cost a good man (Kerr) his job. I'd empty all the feckers bar a handful. I never want to see the majority of them again!

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The main thing is that we've avoided the play offs which let's us plan immediately for next season and so steal a march on those clubs who've not been so fortunate.

Hopefully DS can provide a decent budget and hopefully our fans will get behind the club as we start afresh with a mostly new squad of players one would think.

Don't know about anyone else but I'll definitely be renewing my season ticket and despite the recent dross I'm dying to get back to Somerset to cheer us on in the flesh as that's what being an Ayr fan is all about.

Me too.  Back on the terraces. Back travelling to all sorts of dumps away from home following the Super Ayr. Back living again.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

“Hopefully we can now get some players in to complement what we have and start to push on."

Doesn’t look we’ll get the rebuild some of us want. 

I suppose you can make too many changes at once. I think all at the club will be fully aware where our main deficiencies are.

My view is similar to this.
I give him the benefit of the doubt because he didn't assemble the squad so he gets a shot to build one. I'm not sold on the style but if he recruits the right players it can be very effective at this level.
Lets not forget that this squad are utter shitebags and in my view cost a good man (Kerr) his job. I'd empty all the feckers bar a handful. I never want to see the majority of them again!

Even that gives me the fear though. A good manager looks at what he has available and comes up with a game plan to get the best out of the squad, even if it’s not the plan he’d ideally use. What he doesn’t do is stick stubbornly to his “style” and shoehorn players into that regardless of how suited they are to it.

“Hopefully we can now get some players in to complement what we have and start to push on."

Doesn’t look we’ll get the rebuild some of us want. 

You said earlier about Chalmers being a decent player in a better team so I’d be hoping that there’s a couple others that would improve with some different personnel next to them. We’re going to lose all our loans with Josh Todd being the only one I can see us trying to sign in the summer. We’re also losing Zanatta and I’d imagine Roscoe will follow him out the door. Hopkin signalled a warning to some of the guys on two year deals so I don’t know if the likes of Murdoch, Houston and Baird have done enough to be kept on.

I still think we’re looking at around 10 players coming in this summer easy.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You said earlier about Chalmers being a decent player in a better team so I’d be hoping that there’s a couple others that would improve with some different personnel next to them. We’re going to lose all our loans with Josh Todd being the only one I can see us trying to sign in the summer. We’re also losing Zanatta and I’d imagine Roscoe will follow him out the door. Hopkin signalled a warning to some of the guys on two year deals so I don’t know if the likes of Murdoch, Houston and Baird have done enough to be kept on.

I still think we’re looking at around 10 players coming in this summer easy.

Think we’ll sign any current Morton players if they go down?