The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Not to make staying up sound like some great achievement, after that abomination of a season, but I can’t believe we went away to Inverness and grafted out a result to stay up. I was sure the only way we were staying up was Arbroath doing us a favour.

Thank f**k it’s over anyway.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Not to make staying up sound like some great achievement, after that abomination of a season, but I can’t believe we went away to Inverness and grafted out a result to stay up. I was sure the only way we were staying up was Arbroath doing us a favour.

Thank f**k it’s over anyway.

Absolutely this, especially going 1 down after 5 mins, thought we were fucked after that 

Thank f**k for that. That's me done thinking about Ayr United and this Championship Forum until the end of July. I have literally started to go grey this year... And I blame it entirely on AUFC (maybe the SQA too).

I cannot believe we've actually done it. A few weeks ago I had resigned myself to East Fife away. Onwards and upwards! Hope all you b*****ds have a cracking weekend!

McCowan

I'd be willing to be swayed on the following - 
Houston
Reading
Roscoe
Muirhead
Murdoch
Chalmers
McCowan
Moffat
McKenzie
I'd only disagree with Roscoe apart from keeping Sir Lawrence in his pocket for one game he's done nothing over two seasons to think he's going to kick on.

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Well, to Hopkins Credit, he's done what he's been asked to. It may not have been pretty but he's done it. Now he needs to stamp his authority on this squad and then we will judge him after that.  

I suppose, wouldn't be patting him on the back over it though. Or indeed anyone at the club.

Houston-Go
Reading-Stay
Roscoe-Deserves another chance. Still young. Not a first choice
Muirhead-Stay and captain.
Murdoch-Go
Chalmers-Staying. Under contract. Showed up tonight. Well except set pieces.
McCowan-Stay..but will be gone I think
Moffat-Coach and emergency sub
McKenzie-Staying

I'd have Moore in for pre season and possibly give him a short term deal with option if he's fit.

I'd only disagree with Roscoe apart from keeping Sir Lawrence in his pocket for one game he's done nothing over two seasons to think he's going to kick on.
I'm not so sure. Folk had the fear when Ndaba got injured at Arbroath but I don't think Roscoe has let us down since he came back in. He won't ever be flash, but I think he can become a steady centre half.

What’s Hopkin’s actual record since he came in?

Afraid I don’t agree with the give him time to build his own team stuff. He did that at Morton and that’s all that saved us. The performances against Clyde and Arbroath were utterly woeful and should have seen him punted there and then.

His style of “football” is eye-bleedingly appalling and as the last 20 minutes tonight showed he’s a negative shitebag that’s more concerned with not losing than actually trying to win a game.

Don’t get me wrong, delighted that we’ve managed to scrape our arse over the line but seriously worried about how we’re going to “rebuild”.

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:
McCowan

I'd be willing to be swayed on the following - 
Houston
Reading
Roscoe
Muirhead
Murdoch
Chalmers
McCowan
Moffat
McKenzie

He's young and Semi-competent. He'll play in and around Ayr's level for the next 10 years. He may well develop.

Catering van in North Terracing - cya
Potholes in car park - cya
Cold water in toilets - cya
Prince of Wales - cya
Shite pitch - cya

Moff, McKenzie, McCowan, Moore (aw the Ms) - KEEP

ETA - Shagger Murdoch - KEEP (another M)

1 minute ago, munro7 said:

Afraid I don’t agree with the give him time to build his own team stuff. He did that at Morton and that’s all that saved us. The performances against Clyde and Arbroath were utterly woeful and should have seen him punted there and then.

His style of “football” is eye-bleedingly appalling and as the last 20 minutes tonight showed he’s a negative shitebag that’s more concerned with not losing than actually trying to win a game.

Don’t get me wrong, delighted that we’ve managed to scrape our arse over the line but seriously worried about how we’re going to “rebuild”.

He achieved what was asked of him, despite the clusterfuck left to him which quickly became much worse with the loss of Smith and Sinisalo. 

I think it’s only fair he be allowed to build his own team tbh. We haven’t played nearly as much long ball football over the past two games for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, munro7 said:

last 20 minutes tonight showed he’s a negative shitebag that’s more concerned with not losing than actually trying to win a game.

Aye let’s go all out for a winner and leave gaps at the back ! He managed the game well and got a result that practically no one said was possible all week 

Judging a manager when he's  only been here for a couple of months would be totally unfair when working with this squad of crap.

Hopkins done what he's been asked to do and deserves a crack of next season. 

Edited by THEHonestman1910

2 minutes ago, munro7 said:

It'll be a different scenario for him with budgets etc and he kept us up so there is an element of unknown.

What we do know is that he looks like a downgrade on Mark Kerr based on his ability to get results out of the same core squad. Do we give him the first quarter to sign almost a full team and try to get them to gel ? Or cut our losses. 

Like Roberts and his third year, He has probably...grudgingly earned the opportunity to have until October. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It'll be a different scenario for him with budgets etc and he kept us up so there is an element of unknown.

What we do know is that he looks like a downgrade on Mark Kerr based on his ability to get results out of the same core squad. Do we give him the first quarter to sign almost a full team and try to get them to gel ? Or cut our losses. 

Like Roberts and his third year, He has probably...grudgingly earned the opportunity to have until October. 

Mark Kerr also had Smith, Cameron and Anderson to choose from in the forward positions. Frankly, when you add in Moffat, McKenzie and McCowan he had an embarrassment of riches that he was completely unaware of.