The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I would think the leadership these two have would still be useful for a championship relegation scrap.. The point you didn't make was that when both left many fans still had us marked down for a top 4 slot which would be beyond their current levels

I agree, from a personal perspective I'd hoped Bell would stay and was pretty gutted when he left, as for Geggan, he was always one of my favourite players (on both occasions), however injuries and age had definitely caught up with him unfortunately and offering him a new deal would have been sentimental rather than professional.

Again, I was one who thought that our recruitment had us looking at top 4, however who could possibly have envisaged that guys like Anderson, Walsh, Baird and Chalmers could have turned out so disappointing or that Smith would disappear mid contract. Zanatta came with mixed messages of course and Reading has been pretty decent if not exactly breathtaking and Sinisalo while having his faults was also one of our top performers when he was still here, same can be said for N'daba.

Yes, we've been through it all on numerous occasions but from a budget perspective and a "on paper" exercise, you would think that guys like Geggan and possibly even Bell wouldn't have got near our first team this season. Even Moffat was seen by some as "finished", Christ, could you imagine our predicament if he had left as well !!

It's all been said but I think the biggest signal of collective failure for me is the fact that Muirhead last season was seen as a "squad player" by many, however this season he's been undoubtedly our standout performer and POTY, not to mention the fact that he's the only one who's shown any sort of leadership qualities, so Yes, I think that shows you how far we've regressed as a team in a very short time.

Let's just hope to Hell the guys can pull it out the fire tonight (fully fit squad apparently) !!

1 minute ago, davidkennedyshand said:
4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
What time is it acceptance to crack open the first beer? 

Well if it was a home game you'd be heading to the pub for now in the event of a tense relegation tussle....

That’s true and we’d already be well on our way to Inverness. You’ve convinced me 

7F69FB0D-BA26-4937-9771-E658319F960A.gif

Inverness didn't have anything to play for, but it was a decent enough game and Ayr played well in spells. In any circumstance a draw for us up there is positive, but to come back twice away from home showed some of the fight we have been missing.

Also, Muirhead may have his faults but he's fronted up majorly. Scores the penalty and creates the equaliser with dogedness. Captain material for me.

Edited by super_carson

To every Honest Man and woman out there, enjoy your night. We actually managed what seemed the impossible. 

Big, radical changes required to that squad. Hopkin deserves his chance to lead us next season, let's see what happens. I think Smith will very much back him in putting the new squad together. 

Edited by BukyOHare

Thank f**k this season is over. 

Covid has meant there will be fans that will  never see great players at their club play in the flesh. Ayr fans will hopefully never see 95% of those useless b*****ds in an Ayr jersey in the flesh. 

Next season will have to be good because fans will still be raging about this season in July.  

Wonder if Hopkin will bring in another coach - vaguely remember something being mentioned about that when he signed for the club.  Hopefully Dave Smith and David Hopkin can get the club going forward off & on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Covid has meant there will be fans that will  never see great players at their club play in the flesh. Ayr fans will hopefully never see 95% of those useless b*****ds in an Ayr jersey in the flesh.

Who would you keep ?