The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, Hursty said:

If anyone has seen David Cox of Albion Rovers Facebook video tonight then it sounds like our old pal Johnny Tiffoney is still as good a guy as ever (although he wrongly gets called Scott in the video)

Seriously hope that if he did say what he is alledged to have said that he gets both his legs snapped. We p***k of a guy

Edited by ryanayr1987

If anyone has seen David Cox of Albion Rovers Facebook video tonight then it sounds like our old pal Johnny Tiffoney is still as good a guy as ever (although he wrongly gets called Scott in the video)

Tiffoney is a total scumbag although we all knew this years ago so it seems as though he’s just reminding everyone.

For what it’s worth I really don’t think Cox has received enough support from our governing board either. The last instance would’ve gone well under the radar had both he and his club at the time (Cowdenbeath I think) not spoke about it on Twitter.

Why the f**k is Tiffoney even captain of a football team. 

As above, I hope Cox is actually given support, and there is awareness raising from our governing bodies. 

I did find the wording of tweet about it a bit odd. “We talk about racism - what about mental health.” I don’t think racism needs to be brought into the discussion as a reason to discuss it. Obviously that’s nothing to do with Cox though, and just a randoms tweet doing the rounds. 

Edited by No_Problemo

The whole unsavoury undercurrent of football "banter" is the issue, I think he is talking about on-field abuse rather than social media etc. 

Players trying to get in to other players heads is commonplace. Racism is taboo now, With no openly gay footballers in the UK it is hard to say if homophobia is taboo in the mens game, there are few footballers with disabilities (Ayr fans sang a song about Dean Shiels having one eye)

Using someone's known mental health issues as a way of insulting them is pretty low and while it is different to racism, there are a number of footballers who have taken their own life. Being open about issues around mental health in football should be encouraged in both  players and fans.

There is a chance that that wee rat may have even played with Chris Mitchell at Ayr. 

19 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There is a chance that that wee rat may have even played with Chris Mitchell at Ayr. 

Think he only appeared on the bench in the last game at Morton the season Mitchell was here, although he may have trained with him.

Certainly was in the same youth team as Aaron Connolly at Ayr. Although from what we know about Tiffoney, the impact his behaviour could have on others doesn't seem to register with him.

18 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Wonder if Bell will somehow end up playing a league above us next season with Thistle.  

Mixed feelings about that pic....If he’s a man of his word there’s no way he should be there next season unless somehow he remains PT which I assume he is at the moment. I take it Geggan stayed injury free too...

Edited by bazka6

10 hours ago, Hursty said:

Wonder if Bell will somehow end up playing a league above us next season with Thistle.  

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s at a thistle next season but I’d be disappointed if he was after what he said when he left us. 

10 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Mixed feelings about that pic....If he’s a man of his word there’s no way he should be there next season unless somehow he remains PT which I assume he is at the moment. I take it Geggan stayed injury free too...

Geggan stayed injury free in his time there but didn’t play that much, was mainly on the bench

13 hours ago, bazka6 said:

I don't remember any of our fans wanting or expecting us to offer Geggan a new contract and although many of us hoped Bell would have stayed on, again, there were many who thought him leaving was for the best and that he was more or less finished.

Two great players for us and also big personalities but playing as bit part players in League 1 to digging us out a hole in the Championship are two very different things but I suppose the mere thought we're even casting envious glances in their direction tells us how poor our season has gone and how poor some of our recruitment has been.

Regardless of thoughts on his ability everyone could see the lack of leadership when Bell was allowed to leave. It wouldn’t have been as big an issue if we’d signed someone in a similar mould, but we didn’t.

Most agreed with letting Geggan go at the time but if we’d known Bell was leaving we might have thought a bit differently. That amount of turnover and losing all the “characters” in the dressing room was never going to end well, especially with an inexperienced manager.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I don't remember any of our fans wanting or expecting us to offer Geggan a new contract and although many of us hoped Bell would have stayed on, again, there were many who thought him leaving was for the best and that he was more or less finished.

Two great players for us and also big personalities but playing as bit part players in League 1 to digging us out a hole in the Championship are two very different things but I suppose the mere thought we're even casting envious glances in their direction tells us how poor our season has gone and how poor some of our recruitment has been.

I would think the leadership these two have would still be useful for a championship relegation scrap.. The point you didn't make was that when both left many fans still had us marked down for a top 4 slot which would be beyond their current levels